Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:11:47 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511518 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
Hello to everyone.  Im new to a lot of this CNC stuff but learning.  Just about got my machine done, trying to fine tune it  so here i am looking for suggestings and ideas. 
« Reply #551 on: May 15, 2009, 04:13:59 AM »
Hi my is Paul.
I am based in the uk. I am looking for advice on which controller to use, my project is a 6 axis robot. Any help in choosing one will be most appreciated

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #552 on: May 15, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »
hello you guys, im new here myself, but i do think you fell into good company! lots of knowledgeable folk who are happy to help!

Offline mt3

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
I think I've joined before but lost my notes on p.w. and name, but now that I've finally built my HF mini-mill ( Hoss) conversion and my demo of Mach3 is running great, I need to research a bit and figure out if I can control my 4th axis "A" to be controlled by degrees using steps / settings.... is that possible ?? 
   I set my steps / to  200 just for testing purposes, works great,  --->  g0 A 1.0  rotates the axis 1 rev nicely, rather aggressively but not bad....  but isnt  "A" supposed to be degrees,  I've noticed in the config / gen. config  area, over to the left near the top it has the following:

Angular properties
    Unchecked for Linear
A-Axis is angular
B-Axis is angular
etc  etc   

so.....exactly what does this info imply ..?  thanks for any input....

Offline Mitchell_a10

•  2 2
  • mitchell wing
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
I'm kenton. I've been using a Taig 20i9 manual machine for three years creating jewelry, building & fixing anything! I missed it the day i sold it but due to a basement flood soaking my shop. With intention to rescue it,  I sold it to a good home. Now, all cleaned up,  I own a DSLS300/Mach3...first-time CNC'er. I completed all setups and connections but am without Mach 3 control of the servos. I'm troublreshooting as of this writing. -KPF
=kpf
« Reply #555 on: May 21, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
HI,
 I'm new to CNC, just got my router running although I still have some problems.
Background: Mech/Aero Engineer, retired, model airplane builder/designer/crasher and occasional artist. I wanted to get into CHC woodworking to make RC airplane parts but see the bigger scope of doing wooden sculptures etc.

First question, where do I post a question in this forum to separate out Mach3 from the electrical mechanical parts of the router?

Ivor
« Reply #556 on: May 23, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and it looks great. I have Mach3  loaded (running Vista no probs yet) and have been playing with it some, pretty cool so far. I will be starting the wiring soon using the Gecko 540, KL/600 48V power supply and NEMA 23 318oz and 387oz motors. I have some E Stop and limit SW questions but will ask them in the proper section after I do a little research. I have a strong mechanical background so doing the mods to my X2 mini mill shouldn't be to bad but I will definitely need your help with the wiring.
 Thanks for the great site and allowing me on.
« Reply #557 on: May 24, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »
New here and new to home-cnc.  Recently bought a Vortech 4x8 with ATC and am struggling to learn it and make it go.  I expect to be the source of a lot of dumb questions.

My background is as a mechanical design engineer with a lot of product design, machining and tooling experience.  Just weak in the cnc computer jargon area.

Hopefully this will be more fun than frustration :)
Dwight
« Reply #558 on: May 26, 2009, 06:39:51 AM »
Well this is my first post and I just got my software loaded yesterday. I am building a cnc router for my sign business. It has a 50" X 100" work area with room for a rotory axis at the end. It moved under it's own power for the first time yesterday afternoon. Looks like a great deal of information and knowledge here and I hope to use it often.
Thanks
Jimmy
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »
Hi, Im Ron From Australia, Am New to CNC and am having troubles Not very computer literate but am impressed with the boudless tasks that can be done with CNC. I have purchased a board and downloaded Mach3. The Computer I have does not have a Parallel Port so I have had to Purchase and fit a pci EPP/ECP Paralle Port. When I open the device properties there is no Resorces tab to find the allocated I/O Address. However, there is a multifunction device tree with the correct numbers of the card and comes up with an address in the resource tab but this still will not get my unit to work. When I do a port settings check the stepper motors jump briefly, so I know they get a signal at some stage. I have followed the manual for mach 3 to no avail with the address. Can any one help please?