Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:25:20 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511488 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2009, 03:24:27 AM »
Hi everybody.  I live in northwest Ohio near Toledo.  I am 44 yrs old and have a 17 yr old daughter ( I'm not sure which confuses me more the daughter or computers).  I design build and fly RC airplanes (or eat breath and sleep).  I recently built a Phlatprinter MKII.  The Phlatprinter is a 3 axis router designed to cut foam sheet and light wood, primarily for model aircraft construction.  I've only recently been bitten by the CNC bug, and I'm deffinately on the wrong side of the bell curve (for now).

Jeff
« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:05 AM »
Bob:
 shop around  but take a good look at the gecko line . The G50 is a nice little virtually plug and play box . The last I looked they were on sale  for IIRC less than 250 US. You will need a power supply and e-stop button . also a smoothstepper is a nice add on that gives flexibility. 
Tin
« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »

I'm very new to cnc. Have a plasma table I build from a camcutcnc kit with a Lincoln's 25 plasma cutter. At first I was able to cut several of the sample gcodes using mach3 that came with kit Then got sheetcam to try some dxf files that's when everything went to sh...... :somehow I've change configuration in mach3 first while loading gcode the screen went to a blank screen.when I finally got back to main screen the lights next to x,y,z,and a wouldn't turn green.Again I was able to get X,Y,Z to turn green but not A.Now when after loading gcode and starting cycle it stops at M3 if I hit start again the gcode resumes but not the plasma.
I think M3 must turn on or off plasma cutter.This is how new I am don't know g or m codes and other term of the industry (e i  DRO'S ,THC,AND WORK OFFSETS to say a few)
CAN ANYONE MAKE SENSE OF MY PROBLEM AND HELP
THANKS SO MUST
ROSS THE 55CHEVYGUY
Ross Rods & Racing   THE 55CHEVYGUY
« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
Hi all,

My name is William and I just graduated this year from UC Berkeley with a degree in mechanical engineering. I start this fall at Stanford for my MS in mechanical engineering. I have been interested in CNC for a long time, but only recently have I started actually learning about the subject. I recently bought a K2 2514 router. I bought the electronics off ebay and purchased a g540 gecko drive for the steppers. I searched around and luckily stumbled onto Mach 3. It's lucky i did because i have learned so much from simply browsing the forums of this website. I just cut my first part a few weeks ago (very exciting). It was a simple part (a circle), but it was just as cool as i expected. I cut a circle because it is extremely simple for a CNC and such a pain in the ass when you are milling manually! Anyways, I'm very happy to be a part of this group now.

cheers,

- Will
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. My friends and I have just bought a 3 axis cnc router and are getting it set up. Still sorting out the machine and its software, but we are making progress!

Brian
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
Lannie here
I'm new to cnc I build my plasma table a few months ago.very excited with the things already cut.
My interests are women and cars,I have a wonderful woman,that leaves cars boy do I like cars. That's why a got the plasma cutter.
I live in las vegas and last year at S.E.M.A. show seen my first plasma table working,and said gota have one.Having trouble with software (CHECK OTHER POSTS) If you can help thank you.
I 'm looking forward to being part this group.
Lannie
If ever in town let me your coming,you know what they say in Vegas (if you come you 'll have fun) if it happened in Vegas it stays in Vegas!!!
Ross Rods & Racing   THE 55CHEVYGUY
« Reply #636 on: September 01, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »
Hi, I am from Brunei Darussalam located in Asean region.  I am a new user of a Mach 3, I just bought a Master router CNC from USA, as my hobby. I have been used manual lathe and milling machine.  But I never use a CNC machine.  I am hoping by having this forum, it can help me to run the machine and the same time to build friendship among the members so that we can live in harmonic in this world.

« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
Hello folks,

My names Carl and from Surrey UK.

My main interest in CNC is for machining out watch dials and case backs. I hope to start up my own brand soon,  as soon as I can get to grips with Auto cad and lazy cam etc !!

I am sure I will be a prolific poster as I know not a lot at the moment  ;D

See you around

Carl
« Reply #638 on: September 04, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »
Hello,

My name is Jason Henry and I am the owner of a DXF file design business www.customdxffiles.com.    I specialize in custom designing DXF files and DXF file Art Disk downloads.  My website is a good source of new DXF file artwork that is available for purchase.  My website visitors can also sign up to receive a free DXF file Art Disk download each month!  I hope you will visit and look around at the DXF files that are for sale.  Hope to hear from you soon!   

Sincerely,
Jason Henry
Cascade Metal Designs
www.customdxffiles.com
« Reply #639 on: September 07, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
I am new to CNC and just built a CNC router. Mach is running and moving in all axis's.

I am from florida and live in Canada.