Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511423 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #610 on: July 31, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
Hi All,
Keith from Manitoba here. Just ordered on Ebay a 2.2KW spindle with HUANYANG  ELECTRONICS VFD from Hong Kong. Looking for ways to hook up Mach3 to it and control the speed. I use the Aspire software from Vectric. Also read that I  had better post or my name would be removed cause I could be a BOT. I'M  NOT.

Will do a bunch of searching on VFD's and speed control etc. as it will be a week or so before I get it.

Keith
« Reply #611 on: August 03, 2009, 02:52:48 AM »
To all you regulars, old timers, and Mach experts - P L E A S E  keep on posting. NOOBs like me need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!
I am sure you don't realize how much your input is needed and appreciated.
I have finally learned enough to start and answer threads on CNCZone, and soon hope to be able to start helping others on this forum. In the meantime, keep posting until the rest of us can learn enough to take off some of the load you EXCELLENT and GIVING people have carried for so long.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!  ::)

I sure hope this post shows up in a place you regulars can see it. You regular posters deserve all the kudos you can get. I have been trolling and learning from these on-line forums for over a year and highly appreciate the input from all of you more knowledgeable and experienced than me. You all have my undying gratitude!!!
« Reply #612 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
Greetings all :
 My main interest is building model air steam engines and hope to do some IC and sterling engines as well. I have had  the pleasure of meeting and talking to some of the folks here on the board in person.
Well a little history, my metalworking skills and experience really started to build and move forward the summer of " 98 I attended the USAF basic machining welding course @ Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD "Go Ordinance". IIRC in 2000 or so I started setting Up a home shop with small manual machines. . Then went back to school for aviation sheet metal/ structural repair. Started building engines while on active duty after 9-11-01 . Started exhibiting @ the First Iron fever show in "03.
I have been wanting to build a home CNC machine for some time. I started purchasing parts late last year and attended the Mach 3 Seminar  at CF in January. I have slowly been working on the project since then . Not sure if I will ever be finished but at least have used it a little to make a couple parts and made a few chips. And finally did the registration thing. And figured out the bugs of getting set up on this forum.
As far as CNC experience I operated a Bridgeport /ROMI lathe for for about one year but never had to program it. Also Had a little bit of training( 1 day) on the prototrack Mill.
I have a couple of CCAF associate degrees and Most of an associates degree in engineering from the local county college. So I understand the coordinate systems.

If you are interested in building little model engines you can join us @ http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php
If you want to check out my build "BLOG" you can look here   http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=4054.0

Looks like I have many many pages of reading to do here to get up to speed on things here. An that is just in the welcome thread LOL.

Well 'nuff for now
Reagards
Tin Falcon

PS: YF I was a Red Hat in the reserves for 11 years myself Small world.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:56:26 PM by Tin Falcon »
« Reply #613 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
I am retired and have troubleshot allot of problems with CNC equipment and as I am a woodworker I decided to build one. I had it going fine before I had a senior moment and apparently wired the Gecko 540 wrong after putting it in a box.  I have made several revisions to my original plans and I believe I am close to getting ready to make chips. My wife has ask me what I'm going to do with it when I get it finished so I could use a few excuses you pros have used. 
Tell her you need the machine to make personally engraved items for her. Women love it when you make stuff for them.
Tin Falcon

Offline at6c

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 08, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »
I have been working with Mach3 for about 6 Months and have been very happy with the parts produced.  I had a tool change macro that was overwritten.  Don't understand how, since the machine is stand alone and nothing has been changed by me. Looking for a simple manual tool change macro for my mill that will move the bed to a predetermined position, let me change the tool and then proceed with the program.  Thanks.
George
« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »
Hello all!

My name is Steve Huck. I am from the detroit area. My interests are mostly in the model engine area. I have a few compressed air engines that i have built including my Micro V8. I have started a few internal combustion engines but have not completed one yet.

Thanks to the help and wisdom of "Cheap and Free Rick" Chownyk I wound up building a CNC mill using a cheap compound drilling table. Ball screwed the table and built the Z axis from scraps in the garage. The R8 spindle was donated by a friend who had a few and the rails and trucks were donated by a relative who ordered them for a job that was changed enough where they were not useful. I need to get 2 more pulleys to drive the spindle and shorten the drawbar and I should be able to make parts. I plan to cut some foam untill i get the hang if this stuff. I also plan to make a high speed spindle for engraving duty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9m9PhPHDM

Now you guy's will be stuck with me and my many questions until i get a handel on this LazyCam and Gcode stuff!

Cheers!

Steve
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:24:38 AM by stevehuck »
Re: New - looking for a mach3 friend in indianapolis, in
« Reply #616 on: August 08, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
Hi --    i am tony rogers in indianapolis, in. not new to cnc, but new to mach3. i had a shopbot for about 3 years and just replaced it with a new 4 x 8 router table with plasma cutting from precision automated equipment in eaton rapids, mi. what a machine!! looking for a mach3 friend in indianapolis.  tony rogers  AAASIGN.com in indianapolis 317 297 7503  tonyrogers@aaasign.com
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »
Hi.
I've been a Mach user for 2 years now. Got it along with the RockCliff machine.
I recently rebuilt the MDF version using Aluminium Angle.
I'm active on the MYCNCUK forum and lurk on the CNCzone forum.

I'm presently looking for info on using Mach3 to control a DC Brushless Motor to act as a spindle motor.
It looks easy enough to hook up the PWM output... but I'm too long at this to know there in lie monsters  ;)

TIA for any help in that direction.
John

Where the light was kept during the Dark Ages!
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
hi everyone, i'm very much a novice to cnc but i've been in engineering a long time .
Looking forward to picking everyones brains, lol.
« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Hi,
My name is Cal and I am not new to CNC but I am new to the Mach3 OS. I bought a small Masters CNC router to get introduced to the world of routing. Any info on converting files to g code would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cal  ::)