Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:40:31 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511353 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »
Hello all, my name is BillC. I am new to CNC on DIY level, but have been programming and operating industrial machines for a short while.  I am getting started with Mach3, with hobbycnc drive and Kollmorgen steppers.  Looking forward to learning from all of the posts and eventually building a hot-wire foam cutter with 4-axis.  Love the site and hope to someday be able to contribute.
BillC.
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2008, 04:00:14 AM »
Hi matt here, sorry about the crappy user name im not very creative when it comes to that stuff. I have had mach3 for about a year now and am only just getting time to try using it. I am an cnc operator by day, mainly just 3 axis mazak's, although did my apprenticship just punching straight g-code into old fanuc controllers. have built a very small 3 cnc mill from printer motors and scrap ally just to see if i could and it seems to work ok so far. no good for actually cutting anything... i ripped the whole head off it trying to cut .2mm deep with a 4mm e/m. i thought it was funny anyway ;D

Offline PCH

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »
Greetings,

My name is Patrick Herforth.  I am a furniture artist.  I have just gotten into the cnc realm with great enthusiasm.  I see a need for the mundane operations I do that could best be served by the cnc router.
I am electronics's challenged but I learn fast.
Right now I have just purchased the license for Mach3 in hopes it would take care of my problem.  It has not.  I had been running the trial for a couple of months and getting the motors up and running and all was working fine yesterday.  I turn my machine on and double click the Mach3 icon and the signal form pc to controller goes dead.  I can restart the computer and the signal from pc to breakout lights up but as soon as I double click the icon and the program starts the signal is lost.
Hope someone can help me.  I would love to start using this machine.
Any help is welcomed.

Thanks.
Pat

vintageracer

« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm Timothy and I live in Niagara Falls. I started in CNC programming in 1991 at the local college with punch tape. Mill was an old but never used Ex-Cell-O mill with a bendix system 5. Didn't do anything with the education since there wasn't much work in the industry and other intrests were calling. Got back into it in 2001 and ended up buying the very same mill from the college. Ran it for about 6 months till the boards started failing then sold it. I continued to program for other shops, all mill and VMC though. (some wire EDM)
Just bought a DynaMyte 4400 for a retrofit and bought Mach3 to run it.
Thinking of creating a web page to chronicle the adventure. I'll post the addy when its up and running, the web site that is.  ;D

Timothy

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2008, 02:58:36 AM »
Greetings,

My name is Patrick Herforth.  I am a furniture artist.  I have just gotten into the cnc realm with great enthusiasm.  I see a need for the mundane operations I do that could best be served by the cnc router.
I am electronics's challenged but I learn fast.
Right now I have just purchased the license for Mach3 in hopes it would take care of my problem.  It has not.  I had been running the trial for a couple of months and getting the motors up and running and all was working fine yesterday.  I turn my machine on and double click the Mach3 icon and the signal form pc to controller goes dead.  I can restart the computer and the signal from pc to breakout lights up but as soon as I double click the icon and the program starts the signal is lost.
Hope someone can help me.  I would love to start using this machine.
Any help is welcomed.

Thanks.
Pat
Hello Patrick. There's no shortage of help in this forum and I'm sure the great and good will sort you out. However they may not pick up on the message in here. Scan around the other posts to see if there's anything similar or start a new thread something like PC/Mach was working now dead--help please. Put as much detail as posible in your opening post.  :)
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
Hi All, My name is Dave and I'm just outside of Boston. I'm a web application programmer by trade and have had the home brewed CNC bug for a long time now. I've worked in several fields that have given me opportunity to harvest components and materials from various manufacturing machinery over the years and have been squirreling it away with the intention of putting together a 3 axis router. Alot of the materials are courtesy of Raytheon surplus so I've been lucky to have the best of what tax payer dollars can buy and then be throw away. I've made it to the point that it's about 80% built and the controller is under power and working (so far -- thanks to Mach3) and I'm really getting itchy to finish it and start carving! I've only recently stumbled accross this forum and it looks like I'll be spending alot of time here because it has been a huge benefit already! I'll post some pictures of my frankenstein in the show and tell. Thanks in advance to all of the contributors here for the answers that I'm sure I'll find here!
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
Hi My name is Terry Myers and I am having a problem with my axis enabled and disabled.  My A axis is dead and i want to convert the enable the Z axis for the A axis.  in other words kill the A an enable the Z where the A was so I can use my spindle controller automatically.
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self. You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
Hello,
you are all veterans compared to me, I was a autobody shop owner the last thirteen years of hard duty work. I got in to how to repair watches and found it is interesting, when you put on the eye loupe it is almost like working on real parts. Then I bought this very good engraving machine a vanguard 7000, to engrave watch dials. Problem is it came with no computer and besides it was DOS based and old but the machine is in really great mechanical shape. I took all the electronics out and mailed them to a fellow that volunteered to look at it for me. I have been looking around and reading and I think I will use Mach3 and see what is recommended for electronics and cad/cam to go with mach3 the best. Need any advise on cutting a car in half let me know have done a few of those.
Later,
Phil
I'm not too old to learn, am I?
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
Hi, My name is Dan.

I live in Portsmouth, NH.  I am switching from another controller software to Mach3. ( I won't name the software because the developer is a super nice guy. )

Hopefully I can make this transition as painless as possible. 

Cheers to all the SNHCNCC people in the group.

Dan

Offline rol

•  4 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
Hi,

I am a total newbie to cnc, so I dived in the deep end and recently purchased a small cnc lathe hoping to go hi-tech, but unfortunately as cruel as life can be I'm struggling to find the time to learn how to use it properly and was hoping someone knows where I can find some sound beginners advice.

I am quite converse in using software such as AutoCAD and SolidEdge, but that's as far as I can go at this time. I also have MasterCam9 but have not really used it. My understanding of the process involved is that once a 3D model has been created say in SE then I would need to export this model to MC9 which generates the G-code, however this is where I start having difficulties with the concept as the Mach3 software can't just take this G-code and start machining.

I would be nice if someone has an idiot's guide to Mach3 and CNC to be able to learn the basics and get going.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
R