Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:42:49 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511576 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
Hi --

I got introduced to our company's CNC router under what turned out to be rather sad circumstances; as I just was starting to learn to us it, our owner and primary user of the CNC machine found he had terminal cancer and has since left us.  In the last month of his active life I took a raft of notes and learned something of what he knew, but there continue to be gaping holes in my knowledge.

The company I work for makes musical instruments -- concertinas -- and we are using the CNC router for some of the parts. I've got a background in software, but I'm really enjoying a second career where I get to use little tools I made myself out of paper clips and odd chunks of wood with nails stuck in and bits of leather and scrap pieces of spring steel.  So I was rather dragging my feet about getting involved with computers all over again, until it became necessary.

Judy
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »
Hi All,

My name is Steve and I've had a New Hermes Vanguard 3400 engraver for a while. The EP module blew and that was it. I was tired of the DOS based engraving software. Ripped out all the wiring, rewired to a new motor controller and now have Mach3 running the table doing more than just engraving. I have fallen in love all over again! Thanks Mach 3.

Cheers,

Steve.
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
Hi,
My name is Clifford Paulson, I'm now retired.  I spend my working years as a orthopedic shoe maker and as a prototype machinist building medical devices for heart surgery. all machining has been manual (conventional)machining.  I have bought from a trade school a Bridgeport Boss 6 Series 1 with a dead control.  

I really need some guidance.  I want to retrofit this machine to a PC base control but have no idea where to start. The machine is 3 axis powered by sigma 8 wire steppers.

Y/T Cliff
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Greetings !
    Bob is my name and I got involved in cnc to enhance my DIY metalcasting/machining hobby. I started about a year ago in cnc and built a Rockcliff A-1 wood router (12x12x3" table) and recently a D-I moving gantry from the same company plans (24x36x5" table) Having lots of fun and making lots of "Stuff", always looking to improve my skills. I have some pics and videos on youtube if anyone is interested. I also have lots of questions......:)

gadget47
your work is your signature, sign with excellence.
« Reply #534 on: April 20, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Tony I'm a Truck driver by trade and I am new to this, just ordered plans to build today. Been a woodworker for yaears, the banjo that I play I built myself and am in the middle of building my 1st fiddle. Its hard to imagine all the things a person can do with one of these if he can learn to run it and I can't wait to get started. I try not to ask to many stupid questions and hope to talk to all of you.

Tony
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
Aloha,

I'm Greg and just ordered a Romaxx WD-1 CNC router.   In my former life, I was an engineer  with Boeing and helped develop a lot of their robotic assembly and inspection systems. Now I run a Bed and Breakfast here in Hawaii and am helping a group of local artists get rid of some of the tedious stuff so they can get back to being creative.  I have some interest in furniture building too. Nice to have a place to chat and ask questions of the more experienced.
« Reply #536 on: April 28, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »
Sorry to bother, New to this type of posting, but can't seem to understand how to post a question.

Did a test of software as video suggested, got message that says "pulsing too fast"

Any suggestions plus help on how to post

Thanks,

Robert Mach  at  robertmach@hotmail.com   

« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »
Hi,
I'm Eugene.  I just registered and did a search on the boards for which CAD program people are useing.  I am wondering if anyone can guide me in the direction of an affordable CAd program.  $3K is just way out of my price range.  I was thinking more in the area of 100 to 150 or so.  Any ideas?
« Reply #538 on: May 07, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
Hi All,

My name is Buddy.  Have not been on for a long time since I was on temporary assignment in Naha, Okinawa, Japan.  The last time I was on this site was when I think the Forum and car club I was in EFI Unlimited, here in Hawaii.

I enjoyed that club very much as we did a lot of cruises together and had a great time.  Not sure if nay of those members are member here.  I hope so and I look forwarded to reading mor info from this site.

Buddy

2000 C5 Mag Red coupe, license Buds2K

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #539 on: May 07, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »
Hi Guys!

been a while coming..

have had mach3 up and running for a while now, cutting jewelery models on my minitech4axis and figured its about time i get on over here and peek under its hood..

regards
Chris :)