Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:19:35 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511458 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2120 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:32 AM »
Hi Scipio,

Welcome to the forum.

My best advice would be to stick with Mach3, purchasing a license after you are satisfied that it meets all your needs.

(I have been using Mach2 / Mach3  for 12 Years now and although I have Mach4 I am still using Mach3)

Just post any future questions you may have as a New Topic in the General section.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2121 on: July 24, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
My name is Rick, aka rheine3. I live in KC, MO. I have been a programmer for almost 30 years. I started working with Mach when I bought an ornamental wood mill from Tacy and gang up at Legacy Woodworking in Utah. I have since moved to a 2X4 from build your own CNC and recently a Chinese 6040Z. I use my milling for projects around the house and for my arduino builds.
« Reply #2122 on: July 26, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Zach, and I am a tool hoarder...  My collection is 90% because it's a tool, 5% because I use it, 5% because why not.  I have a G0704 that I converted to a 3 axis CNC mill, eventually hoping to add a 4th.

Enjoy woodworking, metal working, firearms, ham radio, and cars/trucks/bikes.

Thanks for having me,
Zach

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Hello
My name is Greg, I live in Bellefontaine, Ohio and have recently purchased a CNC Mill that runs with Mach 3 controller using CNC4PC c-10 BOB .  I have been having some problems with programs turning off tool offsets and therefore entirely ignoring tool offsets and causing crashes.  I posted prett detailed description of the issues and got no response over e last several days.  I also went to the part of the forum which someone coul request paid help via telephone.  I left my phone number and email address and particulars of problem.  Still no response from any one.  

So my question is, am I doing something incorrect?  Does ArtSoft really provide some paid telephone help? Who can help me?  Right now I really don't have a machine that I can do much more with, than push the keys to mill parts.

Would really appreciate an answer back that can help.

Thanks
Greg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 27, 2015, 02:30:49 AM »
Hello
My name is Greg, I live in Bellefontaine, Ohio and have recently purchased a CNC Mill that runs with Mach 3 controller using CNC4PC c-10 BOB .  I have been having some problems with programs turning off tool offsets and therefore entirely ignoring tool offsets and causing crashes.  I posted prett detailed description of the issues and got no response over e last several days.  I also went to the part of the forum which someone coul request paid help via telephone.  I left my phone number and email address and particulars of problem.  Still no response from any one. 

So my question is, am I doing something incorrect?  Does ArtSoft really provide some paid telephone help? Who can help me?  Right now I really don't have a machine that I can do much more with, than push the keys to mill parts.

Would really appreciate an answer back that can help.

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

I am sorry you did not receive a response to your request for telephone help. There are only a couple of guys who participate in this – perhaps they are busy, perhaps on holiday, perhaps did not see your post – who knows.

May I make a suggestion…

In my opinion the open forum is probably a better place to resolve problems as you will get the views of the ‘hive mind’ rather than the individual.
Break your overall problem down into smaller elements then post a question (giving as much relevant detail a possible) as a New Topic in the General section.
Please be patient as holiday season can delay any potential replies.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 27, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
Thank you for your response Tweakie.  I will do as you have suggested and post on the General Section as a new topic. Thanks

Greg
« Reply #2126 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
Howdy all.  Just bought a vmc190 to covert in the UK :)
« Reply #2127 on: July 31, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
hi there
using mach 3 now for 6 months.
Got my mach3 running on a proxxon mf70 with usovo cnc kit. It did his work got some nice engravings on boxes, but after a while the Z did do strange things. Found out the uni1500 card wasnt good anymore.  
I decide to go for the gecko G540. got the hardware almost ready  XYZ going smooth now even better as before, now thinking about how to install the motor of this MF70 so i can activate it with mach3

« Reply #2128 on: August 02, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
Hi, I am Paul Degenkolb.  I have been using Mach3 for about two years, and have occasionally checked out the support forum.  I am a somewhat inactive hobbyist, with a Chinese router/mill somewhat predating the 3020 series (Sable).  I love playing with cnc toys (when I have the time, and as long as my ADD lets me keep going).  My background is a Mechanical (Aerospace Engineer) working for DOD on naval aircraft for about 16 years, and then an IT director for a structural engineering firm for somewhat longer.  I probably will not post much.  Thank you for inviting me to the forum!
« Reply #2129 on: August 02, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Jake. Lets start out by saying that I am a complete armature at all of this. CNC, Mach 3, and forums are all new to me. So please forgive any of my stupidity in any of these areas, and please offer any comments or assistance when you feel it is warranted. I ended up here because I'm searching for answers. I have a "home made" CNC router built by an unnamed company/person that at this point has left me to my own devices. My CNC is put together and moving, but I have been forced to attempt configuring Mach 3 on my own. I'm fairly confident that I have fine tuned my motors using the auto feature correctly, but at this point I cannot seem to make any headway; homing, setting limits, etc... Each time I have attempted to set these various items I end up frustrated and walking away from my machine. Now I've landed here, hoping that I can receive some guidance and eventually a working machine. I will post more specific questions once I'm able to piece together in my head a good plan concerning what information I may need first. Thanks for listening. Hope not to be a burden.