Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:27:55 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511565 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1010 on: January 21, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
Hi:
My name is Ryan.  I live in a technological vacuum in the far northwest part of California.  Most of what I know about CNC is self taught by trial and error (and a lot of crashed endmills). I completely retrofitted a 9X48 1J Bridgeport for 4 axis cnc. I built all the stepper motor mounts myself as well as all the gear/belt trains. The trick was to retain manual use of the mill as well as the "servo" drives AND add CNC to all of that.  I'm using surplus Compumotor M106 motors as well as Computotor S8 drives. All the electronics are located in a Govt surplus 6', 19" rack mount cabinet. The steppers are 1100 in/oz as I remember, so I have plenty of power. They are running at 25,000 steps/rev. It has been a very long but very rewarding project.  I'm a retired electronics tech/electrician from the state of California. I have held a C10 Electrical contractors license for the past 18 years and still do part-time jobs to fund my hobby.
BDR70
« Reply #1011 on: January 22, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
hello all my name is Kevin i live in Lancashire u.k and i have just put together my very first cnc router and i use mach3 and vectric 2d.I am very new to this so i am struggling at the mo to get my head around all the tech stuff and with the software setup but im sure ill get there one day with help from you guys.Thanks

Offline dj

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
Hello:

I just join the forum. I am from Toronto and recently acquire a  vortech router and since I am new in the cnc world I need some help with the settings. I have not heared from the company and I can not  make the machine move (no luck with the jogging). So if anyone with experience with this type of machine and with mach 3 could help me it will be great. Please contact me I really need your help.

Thanks
« Reply #1013 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
Ok, I gues I have to post something to keep my sign in, so here goes.  I'm a retired shop teacher, living in North County San Diego.
I am building a 4 x 4 foot steel and alluminum cnc router.  Right now I am trying to vies the tutorals but they will not run on my new dedicated cnc computer.  They run just fine on my old computer so I must be missing a browser or something.  I'll work on that today.

If you live near Vista, let me know,I have a Bridgeport J head mill, a 12 engine lathe, and mig, tig, and plasma. for fabrication.  I would love to share builds.... Jon
« Reply #1014 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
Hi, first post here. I am a 32 year old inventor, entrepreneur and entry level machinist currently residing in Idaho, USA. I use Mach2/3 and also Lazycam occasionally. I currently am using the Mach for my cnc router. I am currently looking to cut out additional copies of another CNC robot I have here called a Makerbot cupcake CNC ( a small footprint 3D printer) More details at Makerbot.com

Thanks!

Steve
« Reply #1015 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to check in & let everyone know theres anothe newbe here. We had been cuting a lot of plate for the kids jeep projects the last week & decided to look into cnc...google search brought me here & i'm lovin it so far.
Wrote a bunch of cut files, so far so good...

THANKS to EVERYONE in the fourms, for the tons of free info there for the taking...

« Reply #1016 on: January 25, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »
as a new member  i have a question i am new to mach3 as a driver for a new mill cnc , here's the deal i have tyred every thing to install the driver it won't. i am on a windows 2000 pro set up and hooked up via printer port and the address is correct . cant install cant test driver and performance as it says and most of all i cant remove anypart of the program when i go to remove driver it doesnot show it. lost .  ::) ps like the spell check...
« Reply #1017 on: January 26, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »
Greeings:
My name is Jerry.
I've been around and programmed PLC's and Computers and have worked in a metal fabricating shop for a number of years, and worked on a number of different machinery including the Company's plasma table.
Currently I have completed the mechanical portion of a 5'X5' plasma table for myself and am waiting for the soon to be delivered CANDCNC PAK-1A system which includes Mach3 and Sheetcam.

I have poured over the Mach3 and Sheetcam programs to a point of being relatively comfortable with them. I use Bricscad for my cad drawings.
« Reply #1018 on: January 26, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
Hi to the group.

My name is Tom.  I just signed up. 

I have a EZ-router  with a Xycom 3115T computer that I use in my woodworking hobby.
My mother (84) makes toys for great grandson.  I cut out the parts she can not.

I am interested in changing the screen set to make it easier for me.
There is a lot  of info there I don't use.  If I need them I can change back to the one I need.
I do some programming so i din;t think it would bee to difficult,  I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tom

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 27, 2011, 02:45:42 AM »
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum.
There are a number of ready made screen sets here http://www.machsupport.com/screens.php or you could make your own with any of the screen designers here http://www.machsupport.com/screens.php
Good fortune with your projects,

Tweakie.
PEACE