Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:27:48 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511340 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1210 on: July 05, 2011, 10:07:38 PM »
 ;D
 Hi Vincent welcome aboard it is a great forum I,m sure that you will learn a lot, CNC is a very rewarding hobby
but addictive

Dick ;)

Offline mgr

•  5 5
    • View Profile
    • MGR Design
« Reply #1211 on: July 06, 2011, 11:39:23 AM »
Hi Steelman!

Welcome to the forum and to the world of CNC.  The only hobby that I allow myself to have these days is guitar playing and building my own tremolo bridge.  It just so happens that I needed a mill to make the parts and it would sure make it easier if the mill was converted to CNC, so I guess that my one hobby has expanded a little :D.

Steel guitar is awesome.  I especially like Daniel Lanois' peddle steel work on Belladonna http://youtu.be/tXVQbbGMZY4.

Take care and have fun!  Mitch
« Reply #1212 on: July 06, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

Hi, My name is Mauro. I'm brand new to this forum and this product. I stumbled across it during a long excursus for learning "how to". I have some basic knowledge of CAD and machining. I converted my Bf20 Mill to CNC . My goal is to learn enough to generate code and machine the pieces for my FS835 Loco tender scale 1/12  on my CNC machine. I'm quite retired ITAF Technical Officer Living in Rome Italy...
Best regards
« Reply #1213 on: July 06, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
Pete here. I am in Jacksonville Florida, no rain and it is hot. But it beats shoveling snow in Cleveland. I built my own CNC Router and it has worked very well so far. I have tried etching, cutting and carving, using many of the free DXF fies available on the various CNC forums. I use Lazycam to convert them to G Codes, allowing me to enlarge or reduce. I then load them using the Load function on MACH3, make minor adjustments if necessary, and run the program. Much success.................until yesterday.  For some unknown reason I hope you can help with, Either the Lazycam has stopped creating a complete set of G Codes or MACH3 is not uploading the complete program. Most of the programs converted to Tap prior to yesterday still load 100%, but any new DXF file or even DXF files I saved before yesterday, but did not convert, will not convert 100% to G Codes. The G-code seem to stop and the end of the first chain.  Please help. PS I also noticed that some the programs that are embedded in MACH3, such as Circle Cut will no longer work, but Write works fine.]?????? Pete
« Reply #1214 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
I have completed a small 3D router to the mechanical stage as one of my retirement projects. I am now at the electronics stage and are looking for the best way to make it go. I have mark3 and have used AutoCad for years being involved in many areas of mechanical engineering. Now looking at drivers etc for my router. It will probably be Gecko, but I like the idea of making something up from a kit. My machine has a working area of X = 285mm, Y = 345mm and Z = 75mm and I have two motors on the y axis similar to the PDJ type of setup.
I am in New Zealand, have a home workshop with a small lathe and mill and live in a town on the East Coast of the North Island. Still keep fit by cycling and taking part in bike racing and have made up a few bike parts as well as a recumbent bike. It scares the hell out of me, mainly because it is fast and you cant see the front wheel. That unnerves me a bit.
Another current project is model ships, of the display sailing type.
I am new to the forum and already finding a lot of answers.
My real name is Denis, Neddy is just a nick name.
« Reply #1215 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »
 ;D
Hi Denis,Pete and Mauro welcome aboard the forum is definitely international one from Rome one from Florida and one from New Zealand
Great to hear from you all this C N C hobby is a very rewarding hobby and the Guys on the general forum area great bunch
post your questions there and some one will help

Dick ;)
« Reply #1216 on: July 16, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
Greetings,

I am new to NC work & primarily do it as a hobby. I am running a two axis table I designed using NSK slides & Precision ball screws. Total travel of 12.5 in the X & 15.5 in the Y. The table is mounted on a manual Chevalier knee mill. It was a bunch cheaper than retrofitting the mill.

Mach is awesome for people who like to create on there own & I want to thank everyone involved with it's development & support.

Offline mikee

•  100 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 17, 2011, 02:20:48 AM »
 welcome lotusman
 I'm a newbie too and don't know much but i have allot help, looking forward to see what you make.
 mikee

« Reply #1218 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »
 ;D
Hi and welcome aboard lotusman you have just embarked on a fantastic new hobby,it will lead you into a whole new life I agree Mach 3 is a fantastic programme

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1219 on: July 18, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
Hi, I'm Balaji  :) from India.

I'm new to cnc and mach 3.

with the help of cnczone, i had made a router (300x300x50) stroke.

the reason I'm here is i have some difficulty in running the machine  ???.

Hope this forum will help me out.

cheers,

Balaji