Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:57:08 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511547 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1300 on: October 13, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
   ;D
Hi jarm2 welcome aboard, thanks for dropping in and introducing your self its good to see that you have your goals set and some nice little toys to play with,
  As I have said many times on this site, engineers never retire, we just can't slow our minds down to just sit and watch T V I sometimes sit with my wife when she is watching" the screen" and my mind will drift off onto some project I may have going ,she usually just  say's where are you at now dear. I think the old adage use it or lose it applies

Dick  ;)

Offline rauno

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:15 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am a dental CNC technician from Estonia. I have been working in dental industry over a year now.
I mostly work with an Imes-Icore 750i and 3Shape Dental software.

In the future, hopefully in near future, I plan on building a few CNC machines myself.

Rauno
« Reply #1302 on: October 18, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »
   ;D
Hi Rauno  welcome aboard, It is amazing how C N C has impregnated so many industries,I wonder where the next twenty five years will take us.now that the relative low cost programmes like Mach and the drivers like Gecko, just to mention a few, has brought the world of C N C into the hands of the masses. I wish you well when you get around to building your own machines.Any questions that you may have, when that time comes should be addressed to the general forum,look forward to reading of your builds

Dick  ;)   
« Reply #1303 on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
Hello, I am a newby to all this. Located this forum hoping it will help me on this new adventure. I purchase a 4x8 ez router cnc plasma system. Using Cut2D software and Mach, I work on computers for a living, but have never done a anything like this. Just hoping to gain more knowledge from this forum
« Reply #1304 on: October 18, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
I am completely new to CNC machines, no prior experience.  I just finished building the mechanics of a cnc router for woodworking (20x40 inches of useable table area and 4 inche useable z height) and in process of setting up the electronics and software.  I have a noise problem as the Estop and limit switches get activated at various times (currently rewiring all limit switches and motor wires with shielded cable which should be done soon).   I am currently trying to work out the max velocity I should use....any starting recommnedations would be apprecaited....right now I have it set for 25-30 inches per minute based on how it "sounds" and with some minor changes to the leadscrew bearing holders I should be able to improve on that.   I am getting into cnc to augment my woodworking and I wanted to have some fun.  I can see doing some really cool things in wood with this router.   Once I get the cnc router fully online and get some experience with mach3 I plan on coverting a harbour freight mini-mill and grizlly mini lathe to both manual/cnc as well so I can delve into some metalwork.  As for background I am electrical enginneer with 31 years in the semiconductor chip business (high end cmos soi technology, ultra vlsi).  I am an avid hobbiest with a numbers of interests:  computers, digital video processing, woodworking, welding, amateur radio and now CNC.

thanks mikem
« Reply #1305 on: October 19, 2011, 04:23:34 AM »
   ;D
Hi thoroughcuts and mikem welcome aboard knowledge is a powerful tool thoroughtcuts one of my old Grandfather favorite saying saw a day without learning something was a day wasted.
 mikem thank you for sharing part of your plan to expand your hobby it sound very exciting and I'm sure that you will make it all work any questions that either of you have should be addressed to to general forum were you will be greeted
by a group of great guys waiting to share their knowledge with you.
  Thank you for dropping by and introducing yourselves
   Dick  ;)    
« Reply #1306 on: October 26, 2011, 05:51:21 AM »
Hello!

I'm new with mach3, I convert a SX3. I plan to convert a lathe too... and perhaps made a epoxy granit mill...
I live in Belgium.
« Reply #1307 on: October 28, 2011, 09:03:32 AM »
My name is Colten. I'm just starting to look at building a 4x4 table from extrusion. I've purchased my motors and a G540 along with some other electronics. Soon, I'll start ordering aluminum from Faztek (cheaper than ordering from the states). I make signs in vinyl and want to start branching out into CNC sign making, engraving as well as sandblasting.. I know there will be a learning curve with the CAD and CAM software, but I think I'm upto the challenge.
« Reply #1308 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »
First timer. Just been looking for a couple days at Mach. I have a Trump standard knee mill(manual) I would like to convert to a 2 axis cnc . Would like to know how to get started and how much $ i am looking at for motors , drivers, etc.Any help???
« Reply #1309 on: November 02, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »
Hi, my name is Mike.

I have a bridgeport Interact 1A that had a TNC 150b. It was great till it let the smoke out of one of the servo drives. That was a few years ago now. I removed the servos and fitted large stepper motors and drives, G100 (it's great! and I love it) Mach3 and VFD for the now new AC spindle motor.

Its accurate and easy to use. I have all the jogging joysticks working, Feed rate and spindle over ride, brake, coolant, loads of external input buttons, a full featured MPEG.

I mainly use this machine to make gearboxes for combat robots and internal chassis for R2D2 robots.

CAD is TurboCAD V9 Pro (its old but works well) and CAPSmill V8.1 for the CADCAMM generating GCode files.

To get my machine working again has been a long and frusterating path but well worth it.

I also have a Bridgeport Universal J head and I intend to leave this as a manual mill.

Thats about it for me.

Mike.