Hello Guest it is August 20, 2019, 01:10:33 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3394138 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2520 on: November 01, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »
rocmen herei built a cnc router set it up when i reference all  my y axis has 2 motors they go the same way until l it hits the limit/home switch then the a axis go in reverse do i need a separate
home switch thanks for help rocmen
« Reply #2521 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:31 AM »
Hi! I'm Ronald Taylor and I spend most of my time working on my robotics experiment using my personal computer as the primary controller together with my microprocessors.
I interfaced my program in order for me to manipulate and monitor my work's activities.
I used C++ and Turbo, and currently practicing SCADA for further advancements.
I live in 135 Martha Street, KENNESAW, Georgia.
And I believe that our knowledge to today's advancement provides us the greater opportunity for preparing what future may bring, as what Neufur stands for, that comfortability must never be neglected nor concealed especially for hobbyists and console gamers.
« Reply #2522 on: November 06, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »
Hi all I am Josh, I live in Okinawa, Japan. I am new to CNC bought a little China CNC Zone 6040z USB about a week ago. I am still trying to figure it all out. I currently make shadow boxes and the like for military and some small odds and ends projects for some Okinawan friends and trying to expand.

I am running Mach3 to control the CNC and Vectric Aspire to design everything, I have designed a few small projects to get started with, including pre-builds to flatten the spoil board, make the bolt holes, and grid lines... just simple stuff right now and I haven't been able to run any of it yet so... I am excited to get into it.

I found this site and joined because all the useful info that helped me get this far in the setup, and I am sure others will help me complete setup and get running.

Look forward to the journey!
« Reply #2523 on: November 09, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »
Have new CNC machine. Mach 3 demo works. Mach 3 full version did not. Port #1 address defaults to dx010. Parallel port is not on-board type and address is D010. Pins in Diagnostics no longer green Used to have several pins green. Might we missing a driver as well? Appreciate any help we can get.
« Reply #2524 on: November 09, 2017, 09:25:25 PM »
Hello All,
Yes, new here and just getting up to speed on mach3.  I purchased 3 industrial cnc machines over the past 15 years and I'm tired of paying the high-dollar for the machines but the service costs were out of control.  Therefore, I decided to buy a cheap machine and rebuild it and go through the learning curve and then build a large production machine for a fraction and maintain it myself.  So far, I like many of the features of mach3.  I am running Vectrics cut2d for my programing software.  I have an issue that when I am cutting any tight radius it slows down extremely slow and then when it goes into a straight line again it gets back up to speed very fast.  Is this a Mach3 issue or settings that I need to address or do you think it's the programming software?

Offline Gordo

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 13, 2017, 02:57:22 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a DIY CNC Dave Gatton Sidewinder. I have a question , I am using Fusion 360 for my design software and Mach3 for the CNC. When I run the simulation in Fusion 360 every thing seems ok. When I take the G-code to mach3 and run the program, my Z is backwards. it goes down when it should go up. Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #2526 on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Hi all I've recently retired and have decided to try a cnc router to add with everything else I do. Still in the process of getting things working. The machine works except when I try to run a program. Somehow it reduced the size of what I was trying to cut on one of the attempts. Otherwise it moves and then just sort of sits there. Eventually it will get figured out. Great forum I enjoy reading the posts>
« Reply #2527 on: November 13, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Hi,
welcome. Sounds like the Gcode is in inches but your machine is in mm, so the part comes out 1/25 th of real
size. Try MDIing G20 and then run your code again. G20 signals Mach that the current program is to be interpreted
in inches.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2528 on: November 13, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »
I am 79 and I live in Hawaii. I am new to Mach3 and new here.
On the BOB I have there are connection labeled Xspacing, Yspacing and Zspacing.
What are their function?
« Reply #2529 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »
Hi,
welcome. I've heard all sorts of terms but not those ones! Can you take some pictures?

If its Chinese and I suspect it is be prepared for a real battle to get it to work.

If you want something that works really well and easily with excellent backup try PMDX or Warp9,
both American.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!