Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:35:36 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511631 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #880 on: August 15, 2010, 04:01:41 AM »
Hi Tony and Paul,

Welcome to the forum.
We all love pictures here so if you could post some pics of your machines etc perhaps under the 'Show n tell your Machines' section that would be really great.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #881 on: August 15, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Tweakie!! I have just done that ;D Photos you ask!! and heaps of them.

Cheers
Tony.
« Reply #882 on: August 15, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
Hello - My name is John F, and I use Mach3 on both a bridgeport clone and a homemade 4' gantry table with a bosch router.

I have a real basic question for anybody that can help:

Using Mach3, the STOP button on screen works with the mouse, but not with ALT-S. The START and PAUSE CTRL and ALT combinations work, but not STOP.

Unbelieveably, I have been using Mach3 for many years and never noticed this, since I always used the mouse. But the recent addition of a pendant that sends keystrokes showed this up.

Is there a setting somewhere that enables/disables this?

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 15, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to post your questions under the General Mach Discussion section as not all members check this section on a regular basis.
(the usual cause of these problems is the keyboard settings under the Regional Languages tab in Windows Control panel)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #884 on: August 15, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »
Hi All, my forum name is tom senior, which is the old machine I have just converted to cnc control.

I am 62 years old, been employed in radio communications since the age of 15. Never done any mechanical engineering bar bash out a few designes for radio cabinets, so it is a steep learning curve, and as ever the first step is jargon busting.

I bought stepper motors, stepper micro controllers and ball screws from Zapp, and Gary was very helpful. The machine conversion was straight forward with the exception of the Z axis. On the tom senior the whole table moves to give Z, and it is very heavy. At this time I have used a larger stepper motor for Z and a counter balance weight to lighten the burden. The redial accuracy in all axis is as good as the ball screws >= 0.05mm, so I am quite happy with the resulting machine, but in the long term I think I will add a DC motor as a spindle drive and make a new slide, to turn the top of the machine into a quill, and use the old table adjustment as a "manually adjusted large gap".
I made my first post here (answered by HOOD), very helpful.
cheers all
« Reply #885 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »
I forgot to re-introduce myself. At the time I bought Mach, I was teaching auto service at a local tech school. I ran a firearms manufacturing business from my home and finally got fed up with paying someone to engrave my products for me, especially after numerous times of their machine "crashing" and damaging my work. I'd have to weld up the damaged parts and have them re engraved and the guy would not cut the price. Last time was on a rather expensive part, in the 15,000.00 range and I took it and left. I bought a sherline 3 axis milling machine and then a stepper motor kit and board kit from Hobby CNC (great stuff) and experimented with several programs. Mach was definitely the best so I bought it. I went full time firearms and moved my shop. I finally got around to the cnc machine again and after setting it all up, the pc will not start up, error after error. No go. DANG!! Fortunately, the owners of ArtSoft had a record of my purchase and gave me Mach back at no charge. What great guys, you don't get that kind of service anymore. So, I load it, install it and it's been upgraded so many times I don't recognize the screens anymore and am having trouble getting it to go. I finally got motion (smokeless motion that is) and am on the way to getting it running again. All I use it for is engraving a few lines of text so the Text Wizard is my primary interest.  So far, you all have been very helpful to me and I sincerely appreciate it. Getting this thing up and running is my primary goal right now and I'm confident that I'll get it done. So, my name is Mike, I'm a firearms suppressor (silencer for hollywood types) manufacturer, I'm a hands on guy and love electronics and building things. I'm happy to be here and look forward to your help!! Thanks, Mike
« Reply #886 on: August 15, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
hi,

my name is Saleh, and i'm trying to build my first ever CNC machine, so just want to introduce my self.
« Reply #887 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »
Hi everybody,

My name is Patrick, just writing a post to introduce myself. Im studying engineering design at postgraduate level at University and need some help with a CNC machine that I am building at present (which is posted in a seperate thread which I hope you will look at and help me with!!!). Thread entitled: Power Supply for Motion Controlling. Hoping to continue with automation design as a hobby once I am finished my present work if I can get it completed!!

Cheers
P

Offline AMS

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 17, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »
My name is David, I'm 21, and I'm from Georgia. What has brought me to this site and Mach 3 in general is that the shop that I work at has just bought a Sieg X2 mill and I've been deemed to learn how to use it. So yes, here I am :D I look forward to learning from the "masters" here :D

Also, my hobbies/interests include traveling, computers, and music.
« Reply #889 on: August 17, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
Hi my name is James , I am new to this cnc stuff.Over the past year I have converted a Harbor freight x3 to cnc.
I've managed to run the roadrunner code in mach 3 ......Learning a little something new every day .Glad there is a place like this.