Hello Guest it is December 13, 2019, 12:10:05 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3498000 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2300 on: April 22, 2016, 11:27:10 PM »
Hi, My name is Monte, I live in a small town in Missouri called Knob Noster. My past work was aircraft maintenance for 20 yrs, High voltage lineman for 25 yrs, and truck driver for10 yrs. Retired 3 times but can't stand it. I built an OX c n c with smooth stepper system, installed Mach 3 and now trying to set all up. My goal is to make custom cabnet doors one day. I am 80 yrs young so I need to get started.. wish me luck.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2301 on: April 23, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »
Good fortune Monty - we are pleased to see you here and I am sure you will be making those doors in no time at all.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2302 on: April 24, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
Hello, My name is Shizuka and I'm very new to CNC.

I will looking forward to learning as much as possible from all of you.
Trang tin thể thao tường thuật trực tiếp bóng đá, bóng đá số các trận cầu hấp dẫn.
« Reply #2303 on: April 25, 2016, 07:05:04 AM »
Hi I am Andy from the England I had my CNC 3040 cheap router from china thought it be a good place to start the idea it to make my own synth panels and other stuff like circuit boards ETC

also I have a few ideas for projects too but  I do have a website and facebook page for my projects but will not post just in case this the wrong thing too do

I have some much to learn :)
« Reply #2304 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:25 AM »
Hi Guys,
Looks like a lot of talent on this forum. I'm hoping to absorb some of it.
The company I work for, just purchased a router from Ind. CNC.  I'm new to the Mach software.  Keith has been very helpful with the setup phase.  I am just now starting to tweak the g code for the new machine.
My background has been mostly in the petrochemical industry, 21 years in Instrumentation/Controls.  Now doing maintenance at a steel door manufacturing company.
Looking forward to learn from you guys!
« Reply #2305 on: April 26, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
Hello,
My name is Tim. As you can see by my screen name I know virtually nothing about G code, mach3, or CNC. I have been a conventional machinist for close to 30 years, I try to do a bit of everything for the sake of learning, but I've always been a bit too scared of CNC. I still used a drafting machine until 2000
I'm about to put on big boy pants and try something CNC. I want to build a fairly simple machine in the sense that it will perform very basic moves. In short, I will load a open face mold in a fixture near front center of the table (for now the mold will be filled by hand) I would like to start the program, the carriage would move z,x then y would drop down z,x screed the top of the mold, and return home. I'll bet you are saying that's beyond simple, that's OK I deserve it for hiding under a rock. I know nothing about G code or mach3, but my gut told me there must be something in the program that allows me to move the x,y,z by eye or a numerical estimation that would possibly generate the code? a manual data input? is that a real thing? if it is, I will get mach3 and start the learning process.
Eventually the machine will have 5 axis, a stepper driven depositor to fill the mold as well as another axis to rotate the screed or the mold so it can wipe from multiple directions.
Am I on the right path?
Thanks for your time
Tim
« Reply #2306 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »
hello I have a vacuum clamp down table router that is hooked to a old computer running xp windows with mach 3 on it I have never used one will it know its limits or do i have to tell it  where 0 is in all aspects there is a sheet of ply wood on the deck now can I start it up and move it or will it start up and bore a hole in the deck
« Reply #2307 on: April 27, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »
it has a bit try and 5 or 6 blades does it know what bit is in and how I watch a vido and all it said it that it will tell you whats in it how and dose it change bits

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2308 on: April 28, 2016, 02:02:06 AM »
Hi Catone,

Welcome.

I think it would be beneficial if you spent a bit of time reading the Mach3 manual and watching the tutorial videos. They answer the questions you raised and of course, a lot more. http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/

Don't expect to take it in all at once, it takes a while.  ;)

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2309 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:31 AM »
Hello Tim here fresh to cnc. Welder fabricator by trade.