Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:42:16 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511320 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1110 on: April 08, 2011, 12:36:09 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Gary, I'm sure if you address your questions to the general forum the members will be glad to help you
you
  Dick  ;)
« Reply #1111 on: April 08, 2011, 07:09:48 AM »
Hi Dick,
             That was nice. I appreciate your note of encouragement. It meant a lot. I have been interested in the seat-of-the- pants ( as we say here in Kentucky ) cnc work for a long time. You guys that jump into all this have set some real standards.
             So, I think for now, I will take your advice and keep up with the forum and propose my newbie questions as I figure out how the best way for me to get started in creating my own base of cnc information.

Thanks again ,

Gary
« Reply #1112 on: April 09, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
Hi! I'm very new. I just purchased my second CNC router. I've had a Techno Isel 4 axis gantry router for about 18 years. I bought an AH-HA controller with the machine and have become fairly familiar with it over the years. I just purchased another Techno Isel system similar to my other one but it has a Mac100 controller which I understand was sold by Techno years ago. The guy I purchased it from told me that he _may_ have had an issue with the controller or one of the cards when he put it in storage and purchased a larger 4'x8' system. I'm still awaiting the delivery of the system so I haven't really had an opportunity to test it yet and see what I've gotten myself in to. I emailed Dan Mauch from Camtronics  to see if he worked on the Mac 100 controllers or if he thought I'd be better off setting it up with Mach 3. He is a dealer of Mach 3 software so I kind of had an idea what his response would be but he told me something interesting, that the Mac 100 had a screwed up language and didn't run on standard G codes. That sort of tipped the boat in the direction of the Mach 3 so I thought I'd investigate it a little before I jumped in. I do plan to at least test the old controller before I make the switch, but I think I'll be learning Mach 3 soon. I found the link to the forums at the company web site and thought I'd just say Hi to everyone before I start bombarding them with questions.

I make custom pool cues for a living and have been using my old Techno system for doing all the inlay work, engraving and making some of the small parts. It seems that most of the newer cuemakers are all using Mach 3 and BobCAD for their CNC software. I hope my CADCAM software will be compatible with Mach 3 since it's an old DOS based program, but I've been using it so long I really don't want to switch that. Hopefully there will be a post processor that will make it all jive together.

Anyway Hi folks!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Cues
Cincinnati Ohio
« Reply #1113 on: April 09, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
 ;D
Hi Sherm welcome aboard, the guys in the general forum I feel sure will have the answers.It does us all good to get out of our comfort zone and grow,even if we are dragged kicking & screaming.

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1114 on: April 10, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
HI ALL MY NAME IS MIKE ELLIS AKA CLEENRMN AND GOT INTRESTED IN CNC ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO SO IM NEW REMBER WHEN I POST IM NOT DUMB I JUST DONT KNOW I GREW UP IN THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS AND HAVENT CHANGED  THIS SITE IS GREAT IVE LEARNED ALOT FROM JUST READING THANK U ALL ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHERE CHAD GOT MY PICTURE LOL
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #1115 on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
Hi Everyone,
 I am a newbee to CNC. I started hand carving line art and small signs as a hobby about 2 years ago, upon my retirement to Crete, Greece, from the UK. I have a mechanical background. There is no doubt that because of a long standing hand injury, my only way forward from now on is using CNC. I have the bug already, even though my knowledge to CNC is very limited.

At present, I have come across a possible problem with using my S Box Controller with a desktop Compaq Presario PC. Can anyone please advise as to whether I need a Breakout Board to prevent a fire risk. It seems to me that having read some research that this maybe a good idea, but I need to be sure first. I am about to use Mach3. Any help and recommendations will be much appreciated.
Best wishes to you all

Father FRY
« Reply #1116 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
Hallo everybody!
Sorry to my English. (Autotranslation)
My name is Vadim.
I am 34.
I am Russian, I live in Ukraine.
I have an experience on CNC.
Interesting me: physics, chemistry, electronics, biology, new technologists, energy-saving technologies, new energy, increase of term of life of man, and криостаз.

Now I want to do CNC machine-tool working on principle of electric erosion of metal.
A processing instrument is a wire. 
The output of metal takes place due to destruction of metal under act of electric impulses going from a moving wire.
Between a wire and metallic detail it is necessary to maintain permanent distance.
In the system CNC three sensors are used :
1)Sensor of approaching of wire to the metal.
2) Sensor of adhesion of wire to the metal.
3) Sensor of precipice of wire.
1) For this aim it must be instantly stopped implementation of cnc koda from the signal of sensor of distance between a wire and detail, and to proceed in implementation of cnc koda, when a signal will disappear.
2) it is Yet desirable to have the opportunity of motion of wire, directionally cnc koda in retrograde (in case of adhesion of wire to the detail).
3) At the precipice of wire, a machine-tool must stop and continue work after renewal of wire.

I studied possibilities of Mach3 and functionality fully arranges me.
I am interested by marketability of principles 1), 2), 3).    Minimum 1).
Please, help to find an answer. Or tell how more effective to find...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:17:15 PM by Stellator »
« Reply #1117 on: April 10, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
  Hello my name is AL and I'm an elevator technician for about 15 yrs .  I'm somewhat new here, I have been reading many posts from the members and its been quite helpful.
I converted a grizzley g0619 about six months ago and completely love it, But always running into a question that some already encountered.
Im also an engine builder and  also proficient with AutoCad. I have a large background in elecrical, hydraulics and fabrication.I currently using Mach 3 and am enjoying it. I have made a few parts here and there but I know there is so much potential that can be done. I have limited knowledge in cnc but would love to learn the vast knowledge that some of you know. Thank you for having me
« Reply #1118 on: April 11, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »
Hi
My Name is Will Bleeker, I am a trade qualified Fitter and Machinist over the years I have done many different things including Potato growing, truck driving and Blasting, We now run our families Pie Shop in Robertson NSW Australia. I have an extensive workshop which recently became home to a Tormach PCNC110 to help me teach myself CNC, which I am still learning! Well any way the bug has bitten well and truly,I have just bought an AL54B lathe to CNC, so I will be asking a few question here as well as following the NZ conversion on here.
Will
« Reply #1119 on: April 11, 2011, 05:28:21 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Will, know your area well , so would many other members.This is where the Movie BABE was made .   "a story about a little pig".I'm sure the guys in the general forum will be glad  to share some of their knowledge with you

Dick  ;)