Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:32:43 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511533 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #650 on: September 24, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
Hello, from sunny Tampa Florida where it is hot this Sept 24th.  I've joined the forum here in search of new software to control my old Digital Tool Meta Machines.  I've scrounged the last parts that I can find to keep our Win98 based PCs going so I have to build some new XP machines and that will force me to upgrade my Indexer LPT program.  I'll be looking for some advice in the other threads.
« Reply #651 on: September 25, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »
Hello to all!
My name is Dave Makseyn, sounds like MAXIN, it's Polish, what can I do! I have been working with an old Atlas/Craftsman lathe for a while and at the young age of 62 I have decided to make the leap into uncharted territory and try to learn something about CNC machining. I was a machinist in the USAF in the late 60's but CNC was unknown in our shop. We would get excited when the power cross feed worked on one of the lathes!
I am a retired General Contractor who has never lost the love of the smell of cutting oil! Looking forward to making big metal small and watching the machine do all the work!
Dave
« Reply #652 on: September 27, 2009, 01:29:35 PM »
My name is Bob Cressman from Prescott, AZ. I used to work in a machine shop right after high school (about 200 hundred years ago)! Got away from it in another career. Recently I purchased a "Central Machinery" (China) 3 in 1 machine and a fantastic price and decided to retrain myself in machining and such. Then I read about CNC and it peaked my intrest. As I asked around, I came across a neighbor (Tom Wells) who seems to be extremely knowledgeable on the subject. After spending an afternoon talking to him, I immediately downloaded Mach3 and began reading. I am also looking into building my own CNC machine. I want to get into the 4 axis realm. Apparently, from a cursory look at this site, this is the place for info. I look forward to moving forward with you folks!!
"For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

UNKNOWN
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »
Just finished a MDF build and started up the Mach3 software to learn.  I've been lurking for a while and now that the motors move I thought it was time to join up.  I've got a 2X4 MDF table with Stepperworld FET3 motors and controller.  Router is a laminate trimmer that will be changed out when I get the hang of this thing.   
I'm still in the Demo mode as I haven't yet purchased the full Mach 3 but will once I learn more. 
I did use the threadall 5/16-18 shafts and will upgrade to a much faster later.  Newbie with a lot of questions but also finding most all the answers on this forum.
Chips will fall and bits will break.
Bill
« Reply #654 on: October 05, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
Hello. I am Steve Jacobs from Brighton, TN. I just purchased a Legacy 900/Standard CNC. I am Very New to Mach3 and CNC and am looking forward to learning.
Anyone here from West Tennessee, USA?

Happy CNC'n

Steve
« Reply #655 on: October 06, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »
Hi
Garth from Cape Town joined the "Mach Crew" and will start the conversion of a router I have to Mach, there after a X3 mill and a lathe. I am in the throws of building a 4m x 2m router which needless to say is going to be driven by Mach and sooner than my conversion machine proberly.
Still new to the the whole cnc world relatively but find it realy great to find a bunch of people who are all like minded and are not trying to hide all they know and watching the rest grovel ( dinkum pay it forward ethos 10/10 )
running VX as cad/cam that takes care of all my frontend requirments at present.
I hope to be able to post all the good and the "bad "( may they be few ) so others can not make the some blunders.
Garth

Offline Pratyeka

•  8 8
  • Santoka Taneda
    • View Profile
    • From Virtual to Real
« Reply #656 on: October 06, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »
Hi, after playing with a Carvewright, I'm building my own CNC router, 2' X 4'. See my blog for pics. Cnc is almost complete and I just installed the license on the Mach 3. Fun!
More carving, less maintenance
Blog: http://fromvirtualtoreal.ca/blog
E-Store: http://www.fromvirtualtoreal.ca/
« Reply #657 on: October 07, 2009, 05:38:48 AM »
Hi,I'm dave from denmark and i'm so new i squeak.

Decided to build a router for mainly woodwork. Decided to build it on the hobby budget too, and didnt that coma back to bite me on the derriere. Looking forward to a, hopefully, long and educative stay   ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:40:27 AM by deaddave »
« Reply #658 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
Hi everybody . My name is Jon  I design and bulid sets for televison and trade shows .
« Reply #659 on: October 10, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Hi everybody, my name is Real Dionne, I live in Quebec city. Before continuing, I ask you to forget some mistake I can do in english writting. My first language is french. I will like to post some news sometime. You can call me the old man, I reach 69. I still working (3 days a week). I am a senior
construction technician. I work with ordinator since 1987. For hobby, I like to build furniture. I can work wood, metal, I make a shop in my garage and I have all the tools I need to  make furniture.
Since I registered in the forum. I built a CNC gantry model D: 48''x36''. I finish to built it. But I didn't try It yet because I loohing for mistakes. I keep reading Mach3 manual and I want to understand Lazycam the good way. Since yesterday I check my E-stop, everything work good for that switch. I have 6 Limits switch and put all of them on pin 10, but when I check one by one with a multimeter and push one switch it stil have juice. I will try to separate them on different pin.
Anyway I will give you more news soon and few photo of my machine. I dream about the day that everything will be fine withe the
machine. I keep reading all the post, it take time but very helpfull.
Before living, I think there will be a go idea if we can know if some member live not so far from us. That way we should be able to exchange experience and help more.
If you have some question about building the CNC model D, (I use MDF and it very easy to work with without problems).
Thanks for help with the forum. I give you my email: real.dionne@ sympatico.ca