Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:32:35 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511629 times)

New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2050 on: March 11, 2015, 12:28:21 PM »
I am new to the board, and have a question regarding the use of Mach3 as a DRO.

I have long range plans to add control to my Harrison L5A, but for the present I would like to add DRO readout to the X and Z axis, and eventually to the tailstock and the compound. Is there a problem that I am not seeing using glass scales just as a readout without utilizing the many other functions of Mach3?

Thanks for helping

paul
Paul AFAIK Mach 3 will move the screws with a stepper or servo and it's DROs will tell you how much it's moving them, but it can't accept inputs from scales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2051 on: March 11, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
Hi all. Just got a Mach3 license and loaded the software. No hardware hooked up. Got the screen to come up but can't get the jog to work. Something simple I missed?

Offline dvd

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 15, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
Hi I'm Dave I'm 28 a forther and husband live in the youngstown austintown area & just got a lil 3020 cnc router don't really know what I'm doing so I can use all the help I can get so you are in the area & can a guy out I'll buy the beer.. Thanks..;)
« Reply #2053 on: March 15, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »
Hi, I'm Phil...Been watching the forum while I built my CNC router...I just finished it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm testing it to make sure everything is working as it should...It has a 3ft x 4ft table footprint, moveable gantry with nema 34 stepper motors...The frame is 8020 aluminum with hardened round rails on the "x" and "y" axis, and ball bearing linear rails for the"z" axis...I'm running Mach3 on a Windows 7 laptop with a UC-100 motion controller...I'm looking forward to having some time to play.
« Reply #2054 on: March 17, 2015, 02:55:18 AM »
Hi
New member here - username is a throwback to my footballing days in the U.K. I'm about to retire having programmed CNC machines since the '70's both here in Australia and in the UK. A fitter and centre lathe turnenr by trade who got the computer bug and well, the rest is a long story but now I've been bitten by the woodworking bug and I'm planning to combine my CNC experience with my new passion.
I've just purchased a 3 axis router with Mach3 so I'm sure I'll be back with some questions. There seems to be a wealth of experience here and I hope to be able to make some meaningful and helpful contributions too.
Cheers
Mike
« Reply #2055 on: March 19, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
Hello all.  I am Andy.  I got my first CNC machine back in December.  I will mainly be using it for woodworking, but will branch out to more things as I get more comfortable.  For now, I am taking my time trying to learn the machine and software in my part time and see where it goes.  I am stubborn, and I thought I could learn Mach3 without help, but I have hit some roadblocks.
« Reply #2056 on: March 23, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »
Greetings,

My name is Charles and I'm new to cnc.  I have a G0704 mill/cnc conversion with Mach3 and SolidWorks.  I have a lot of questions lol!  It's great to be here.
« Reply #2057 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »
Hello,
My name is Andy, pretty new to CNC and GCode but working at it.  Have a Sherline 5410 3 axis CNC mill that I am learning with and 2 non CNC manual lathes.
I bulit the 3 axis controller, for my mill, out of bits and it works well.   I have Vcarve and getting to grips with that software slowly.
I also design and manufacture electronic projects (small) and manufacture my own pcb's.
Background of RC aircraft and now licensed drone payload operator alongside a drone pilot pal of mine. 
Happy to chat with like minded people
« Reply #2058 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
It's Al here at a high school in eastern Ontario Canada.  A newbie to CNC with a recently refurb'd 36" gantry router, two Sherline mills and a lathe running
Mach III.  As a sideline, I manufacturer a line of consumer electronic products using onshore talent and offshore production.  Gadgets for family fun.

I am hoping to get a grasp of the basics of MachIII, LazyCAM and some student-friendly modelling program (tbd) so my students will be able to do a few  simple projects that they can be proud of.   However . . .

As an analog guy from the old days, I fear the vagaries of software control and operating systems (and their endless updates) might make this impossible.

With help from the friendly folks here I am hoping the learning curve will flatten quickly and chips will fly soon.

All good things,

Al

« Reply #2059 on: March 29, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and trying to see if MACH3 can be used to run my vision 2424 engraver/router.  The Signlab Software that came with it is not very useful.  My plan is to be as creative as possible making signs from wood, foam, aluminum and plastics.  I'm in Fairfax, VA if anyone else wants to work and play together!
Tom