Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:38:30 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511352 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »
Hi everyone, I am based in Bedminster NJ

I am building a 6 axis robot out of printed plastic parts.
Here is my progress so far.  It works really well. Thanks for all the help!

http://www.alvarogil.com/cadcam/robot/index.html

It just came alive today, But in the upcoming weeks we will program it using Robotmaster inside of Mastercam.

Al

So far, you made a great job, you used plastic parts in order you complete your program. I am very excited for the next move that you do. I hope if you finish your work, you will post it here.
« Reply #731 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
Hi to everyone from California:
I'm new to cnc. Built the machine no problem, I have the softwear and a driver from MECHTRONICS for bi polar motor. I also have 3 bi polar "23KM-K255-P1v motors. I have hooked up everything but can't get the mach 3 mill make my motor move. I load G cods from the wizard just to try the motor and communication. but nothing happens when the program is running. But I also have a cheap program just to make the motor move which does the job. LOL what do I have to do please help: any help is good. Thanx fellows. E mail: frmco@sbcglobal.net
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:30:35 PM by Dumb beginer »
« Reply #732 on: January 31, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »
Hi,

I am new not only to Mach3, but to machining. I have a lot of experience with woodworking and a fair amount of programming experience. I got into machining because I started making jig for precisions wood working and quickly realized that cutting aluminum on  a table saw and driling and tapping on a drill press was never going to be accurate enough for me. So I dug into options on the internet and discovered the world of hobby machining and then, glory of glories, CNC machining. I haven't been so excited since (I date myself) I first bought an Apple II computer in 1982. I have jumped in full bore: bought a Sherline lathe and Taig mill and run them with a Soigeneris controller. I am an inveterate designer and have been using Rhino CAM for several years now. I recently bought BobCAD for its CAM features and having mastered the basics of it and Mach3 am starting to cut stuff. There is a lot to learn, but that is half the fun. I recently went to Cabin Fever and got a great opportunity to see the works of some great craftsmen and and talk with them. I stopped by the Mach3 table and talked with Brian Barker a bit and was fascinated by the little Taiwan-made gantry router table he had for demo purposes. I look forward to chatting with the other forum members and hope I don't embarrass myself too much. FA.
« Reply #733 on: February 01, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »
Hello from Slovenia!

I work as a CAD/CAM engineer in a small family workshop. I have been programming two Hurco vertical mills with MasterCAM for last five years.
We also have a nice home made vertical mill for milling aluminium but the controls are really awful. So we decided to change it, of course with Mach3. I hope to get some answers in this nice comunity!

Best regards,
Luka
« Reply #734 on: February 01, 2010, 01:08:08 PM »
hi,

My name is rhys. I have just got a trial copy of mach3 and am about to order the full version.

I have a Xylotex driver and stepper motors. I use illustrator to create my image and then export it.

I can't work out what i am supposed to do. I have exported a DXF file but that does not work.

When I export the file as a txt file mach3 seems ok with this (sllthough it moves very slow) however the motors do not turn.

Can anyone help with this??? I need to do a demo to some students and really need to work this out very soon.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Rhys
« Reply #735 on: February 01, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »
Hi my name is Ryan and I've been a Mach user for about three years now.
Ive always been interested in robotics and automation and Mach was my first move towards automation.
My next step will be PLC's.
I have a cnc Plasma cutter and mill in my garage that I've been working on for a couple of years now.
I cant think of anything Id rather spend time doing, until something goes wrong witch brings me hear to this moment typing on this forum.

Looking forward to meeting some of you :)

-Ryan   
« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
My name is Kane

I am new to this form and I am working on and three axes mill.
I have mach3 software and a HobbyCNC EZ Driver Board
Frame size: NEMA 23
Holding torque: 136 oz-in
Voltage: 3.2 VDC
Current: 2 A
Step Angle: 1.8° (200 steps/rev)
Leads: 6 wires
Wiring: Unipolar
stepper motors
And I could use a lot of help to create and configuration file
 I have a lot to learn?

Thank you for reading Kane
« Reply #737 on: February 06, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
Hi,
    My names Dave ,me and my wife Kathy make special tools and parts for Ducati motorcycles ,we have been doing this for a few years manually but last year converted a X3 mill using a Promica  conversion kit to try and do some of the more monotonous milling jobs.We are struggling a bit as all our work is done from sketches and we need to accustom ourselves to CAD drawing as well.We have written some basic code to get us started and are amazed when the machine makes stuff on it's own which we usually take hours manually to make,we love the Mach 3 screen and program but have a long way to go to get the most out of it .
       We live in Hervey Bay Queensland Australia.
   Dave & Kathy.
« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
Dear friends!

In couple of days, I am going to purchase 4 axis Bridgeport mill with TNC 151 controller. Deal depends upon your information. Please tell me weather this controller is compatible with Mach 3 and Mastercam software? Also suggest best software for me.

You can email me on alphaindustry@hotmail.com

Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Suhail
« Reply #739 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:51 AM »
Hi,

I'm Josef, and I'm new to Mach3. I use Mach3 for laser cutting and -welding. I'm searching for some answers here ;) !

Hope to get some!

best Josef