Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:50:52 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511366 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1760 on: June 18, 2013, 04:23:53 AM »
Hi,
I'm a new member to this forum and new user of mach3. I have limited experience with CNC control however will endeavour to make use of the knowledge made available here in order to catch up. Currently I have a plasma torch attached to servo driven x and y axes. The servos are controlled using an ethernet connected smooth stepper and breakout board. The plasma moves as required however I am still having trouble with some elementary steps within Mach3.
Look forward to many tips, suggestions and comments from you all.
cheers,
Coogan
« Reply #1761 on: July 06, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »
Another new guy here, a hobbiest.

I've spent the last year buying (the parts for) and building a 3D printer. The printer works, is relatively accurate, it wasn't 'that' expensive and best of all taught me a lot!

When I first heard about 3D printing (interview with the guy that started Makerbot) I was sold on the idea.  A few weeks later after combing the internet I found an 'Instructables' tutorial on how to build your own 3D printer/CNC router combo and I set off to buy parts. 

Here I am today with a working printer and lots of questions on how to make it better.  I still plan on making this a convertable tool (printer/router) but the router part will happen after the printer has been tweaked to my satisfaction.

I will be watching the 3D printer area for anyone with questions about building their own printer - I'm not an expert but I am glad to share what I know!

Pete
« Reply #1762 on: July 07, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
Hello
New Guy.
Have been doing Maintenance work for the past 27 years working on Lathes Mills & Grinders of different makes and Models. I am now helping a friend with a project involving Mach 3 control Software and a Bridgeport Mill. Am having a few issues getting the Spindle to run. Will be asking for some help.
Just wanted to say Hi for now!
« Reply #1763 on: July 09, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »
 Hi my name Joe and new to this fascinating  field. I'm trying to load a UC 100 usb drive into my Toshiba satellite laptop with windows 8 and keeping getting a usb drive error and ideas where I'm going wrong ??????????
« Reply #1764 on: July 12, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »
I am back after a 5 year vacation from my CNC machine. Called BobCad for a version update. (I know everyone loves the endless phone calls from them) $1,600.00 for the update, about s***t my pants. paid $2,500.00 the first time. After 3 weeks of training it worked very well.

I am retired & love CNC machines, cant get enough of the fun of making stuff.

Get to the point...... Has anyone here made a handgun (1911 pistol) or any other like AR 15 ect.

My son is thinking of taking an online gunsmith course & I may buy him a CNC for parts ect. Anyone here ever take or know if the online courses are any good?

Thanks for any help. This forum is the best Ive seen for CNC questions. I know you will come thru with excellent advice.

Thanks
Ron

Offline ogre

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 14, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »
Hello,new guy w a van norman duplex #2 and 13" southbend lathe. . im looking to get into cnc work at home and i appreciate all help and hopefully i can help u w something. ive done mostly car work my whole life but a recent 4 neck and back surgeries have crippled my work career. so id like to get into home hobby cnc work and im currently looking for the best machine u guys can suggest for $5000 or less 3axis.
« Reply #1766 on: July 14, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
Hello, I am a hobby CNC user.  I have a 20 Yr old son who is my partner in crime in this endeavor.  He got us both hooked on this fun when he was on a FIRST robotics team. When our Garage Mill (1984 Kitamura MyCenter0) blew out the old Fanuc main board I started the retrofit project that was planned all along.  I have a Centroid / Ajax control going in.  Learning a lot through the process.  I am lucky enough to live in the Detroit area where there is access to a hardware at reasonable prices. Always thankful for the expertise that folks are willing to share.
« Reply #1767 on: July 20, 2013, 05:50:09 AM »
Hi All,

My name is Drew, from Sydney Australia.

I have recently completed my home-built 3 Axis CNC router, and trialling Mach3.
So far, so good (but do have a few questions !)

The table has a cutting area of 8' x 4' x 8"
X - 2x ball screws 2505 with direct drive 1200 Oz.in, on dia 25 linear bearing rails
Y - 1x ball screws 1605 with 15/44 belt drive 640 Oz.in (planning on changing to direct drive 1200 Oz.in Motor), on dia 20 linear bearing rails
Z - 1x ball screws 1605 with 15/44 belt drive 640 Oz.in, on dia 20 linear bearing rails

Only had the machine running for a month, and already got a list of projects for it.

See you Around !

Drew

Offline kjam

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 21, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
Hi, My name is Kelly, I'm from Mississippi. I just got into cnc work, and I have two mills. One is a lagun ftv-2 the other is a BP series 1 R2E4. The BP is the mill that I am going to retrofit first. Mache Motion has a kit  with a few extras for a descent price. If anyone has any better ideas on this let me know.
« Reply #1769 on: July 21, 2013, 06:05:57 PM »
John Murphy from Guelph Ontario Canada. I have a custom CNC shop in the city. I cut wood, plastics, foams, composites and non ferrous metals.

I run an AXYZ 5010 router, and I also have a small Chinese laser that I use for odd jobs. The original circuit board gave out(as they do) so I am retrofitting the machine with one of Chriscircuits replacement boards(Can't say enough positive about Chris. Great product, excellent support) The retrofit is what brought me to Mach3. So far I'm impressed with the product, service and forum support. I still have to find away to due raster engraving using Mach3.

I host a meeting of CNC users here in Guelph, usually once a year. It is an informal gathering, but very informative. We have some great presenters coming, and we're looking forward to seeing new ideas. There is no real cost to attend. I ask that the attendees cover the cost of the meal at the end of the day. Bring a chair as well.

This years meeting is going to be held on August 10,2013. If you are interested in attending, send me an e-mail at the shop john@jmurphycnc.ca