Hello Guest it is March 04, 2021, 11:33:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3818392 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2770 on: January 11, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »
Hello,
I am from Luxemburg. I am busy converting my plasma-cutter into a mill using Mach3.
The idea was to replace the plasma by a spindle and use Mach3 mill instead of Mach3 plasma.
Of course the table has to get changed too, but that's not an issue.

Regards

Serge

Offline Cyscrofer

•  5 5
  • Caution Mentally Technical.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:56 AM »
Cnc is driving me mad.
I need serious help
I can not get my laptop to talk with my cnc.
Using Windows 7 3040t mill
Lpt1 port.
And nothing happens.
4.6volts on out puts

Laptop on a docking station to give me a parrallel port
When in device manager I can make motor glitch only once when I change lpt1 to 2 to 3 etc.
I can't change the port configuration.
I'm rapidly loosing the will to live.
I've had this mill 5yrs and still can not get comes with it.
I've fitted a new 600watt air cooled spindle motor check all the wiring and voltages and come to the conclusion it's my laptop that is at fault.
But way and how can I use it.
Let port set to ecu.
Turned on.
No conflicts and driver saying all OK and upto date.
I wasn't expecting so much hassle just to get this mill to communicate with this old Dell Latitude D430 laptop.

I need serious help
Please
System windows 7 pro 32bit
Machine Modified 3040T Hobby Mill

Qualified Old school Engineer.

Offline TPS

•  2,015 2,015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 13, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »
Cnc is driving me mad.
I need serious help
I can not get my laptop to talk with my cnc.
Using Windows 7 3040t mill
Lpt1 port.
And nothing happens.
4.6volts on out puts

Laptop on a docking station to give me a parrallel port
When in device manager I can make motor glitch only once when I change lpt1 to 2 to 3 etc.
I can't change the port configuration.
I'm rapidly loosing the will to live.
I've had this mill 5yrs and still can not get comes with it.
I've fitted a new 600watt air cooled spindle motor check all the wiring and voltages and come to the conclusion it's my laptop that is at fault.
But way and how can I use it.
Let port set to ecu.
Turned on.
No conflicts and driver saying all OK and upto date.
I wasn't expecting so much hassle just to get this mill to communicate with this old Dell Latitude D430 laptop.

I need serious help
Please

win7 32Bit?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,664 8,664
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2773 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:05 AM »
@ Cyscrofer,

Laptops are not supported for use with Mach3 unless you are using a suitable motion controller.
Please check out the system requirements; https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/

Tweakie.
KEEP SAFE !
« Reply #2774 on: January 18, 2021, 08:52:46 AM »
Hi i am Claude and new here and have no experience with mach3 but i just bought a cncest 6090 and trying to get it running. have downloaded mach3 but not sure about exactly what my setting need to be so going to look around and try to find some info on setting this machine up.
« Reply #2775 on: January 24, 2021, 10:33:15 AM »
Hi peoples, obviously new here and need all the help i can get. The biggest problem i have is no time to do anything, you may see me from time to time asking NooB questions but this has been a cool project none the less. Of course it has taken me 3 months to build but it was piece by piece and didn't work on it for days at a time.

Hopefully i will get to know some of you and actually get this thing going good.

:MARK
« Reply #2776 on: February 03, 2021, 06:45:36 AM »
Hello everyone, my Name is Rob Gore.  I purchased a ZenBot 48"x96" CNC router last year, and it has been up and running for a while.  We are using a gecko g540 4 axis control box and a UC 100 connected to the computer via double ferrite beaded USB cable.  We have used this setup with and older windows 7 laptop and with a windows 10 (64 bit) tower (current setup). 

I have some general questions, and a specific one related to an issue we are having.

General questions (please direct me to the correct place in the forum for these)

1.  Is there a guide for setting up the machine coordinate system and homing functions?  Currently we have none of that setup, we just zero to somewhere on the stock or part, make sure that location is zero in the CAM software (Fusion 360), and rock and roll.  I'd like to have it setup correctly though, and I do not really know where to start.  The machine has switches for x y and z but they currently do nothing. 

2. Is there are best practices document somewhere, and/or a tuning guide for setting all the parameters in mach 3?

Specific question about an issue:

1.  We have an intermittent UC100 connection issue.  It will either have a sync error, or fully lose connection maybe once every other day (every 3-4 machine hours).  I have taken the following steps to reduce the noise seen by the UC100 and USB cable.
     a. double ferrite bead USB cable
     b. VFD for spindle is in a thick steel box
     c. UC100 chassis is grounded to computer chassis
     d. Ensure USB power settings are not putting ports to sleep

Since doing these, the problem happens less frequently, but it still happens and is unacceptable.  It also happened with the laptop we were using. I need a robust solution.  This computer does not have a serial port.  Please advise.

FWIW, I am a mechanical engineer and have tons of traditional machine shop and fabrication experience (built my own car from scratch), but I am definitely a bit of a noob regarding setting up and running CNC machines.  Any help or advice is appreciated.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:50:25 AM by Elemental Form »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,664 8,664
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2777 on: February 03, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »
Hi Elemental,

Welcome to the forum. Just post any questions you may have, as a New Topic in the General Mach Discussion section.

There is a lot of useful info about coordinates in the .pdf here;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=33595.0

If you haven’t tried already a suitably rated EMI Line Filter (quite cheap on the bay) often helps kerb VFD noise issues.

Tweakie.
KEEP SAFE !
« Reply #2778 on: February 03, 2021, 08:11:53 AM »
Thanks for the info, I have not tried a EMI line filter, I guess that would go between the power source and the VFD?  I will look into it. 

Offline TPS

•  2,015 2,015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: February 03, 2021, 09:21:11 AM »
Hello everyone, my Name is Rob Gore.  I purchased a ZenBot 48"x96" CNC router last year, and it has been up and running for a while.  We are using a gecko g540 4 axis control box and a UC 100 connected to the computer via double ferrite beaded USB cable.  We have used this setup with and older windows 7 laptop and with a windows 10 (64 bit) tower (current setup). 

I have some general questions, and a specific one related to an issue we are having.

General questions (please direct me to the correct place in the forum for these)

1.  Is there a guide for setting up the machine coordinate system and homing functions?  Currently we have none of that setup, we just zero to somewhere on the stock or part, make sure that location is zero in the CAM software (Fusion 360), and rock and roll.  I'd like to have it setup correctly though, and I do not really know where to start.  The machine has switches for x y and z but they currently do nothing. 

2. Is there are best practices document somewhere, and/or a tuning guide for setting all the parameters in mach 3?

Specific question about an issue:

1.  We have an intermittent UC100 connection issue.  It will either have a sync error, or fully lose connection maybe once every other day (every 3-4 machine hours).  I have taken the following steps to reduce the noise seen by the UC100 and USB cable.
     a. double ferrite bead USB cable
     b. VFD for spindle is in a thick steel box
     c. UC100 chassis is grounded to computer chassis
     d. Ensure USB power settings are not putting ports to sleep

Since doing these, the problem happens less frequently, but it still happens and is unacceptable.  It also happened with the laptop we were using. I need a robust solution.  This computer does not have a serial port.  Please advise.

FWIW, I am a mechanical engineer and have tons of traditional machine shop and fabrication experience (built my own car from scratch), but I am definitely a bit of a noob regarding setting up and running CNC machines.  Any help or advice is appreciated.

Welcome Rob to the Forum,
pls post your questions part in the General mach aeria by starting e new thread, it will get too much to answere here in the new People welcome aeria.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.