Hello Guest it is May 25, 2019, 07:45:50 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3341099 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2610 on: July 13, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
Hi
My name is Conrad and i need help for my z axis
Cheers
« Reply #2611 on: July 13, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Z axis going deeper and deeper
« Reply #2612 on: July 29, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
Hello, Just purchased a small cnc machine for turning pens and other pieces. Also want to make plaques and similar items. I figured cnc is the way to go for pens but it is hard finding info about creating. I've seen youtube videos, so I know it can be done, but am having difficulties of where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am comfortable with corel draw, photoshop and illustrator.
« Reply #2613 on: July 30, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »
Hi Phantom Wolf,

I am comfortable with corel draw, photoshop and illustrator.
Those are drawing/sketching/illustrating programs.

You need CAD/CAM....Computer Aided Drafting/ Computer Aided Manufacture. You might find it possible
to import a picture of what you want into a CAM program but generally you'll have to draw a technical
diagram, usually using the same program.

If you have not had a look try Fusion 360....its free.....if you had to pay for it you would be up for thousands!

Have a look also at Machs Wizards, it will  give you an idea of whats required to convert an idea into
usable Gcode.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2614 on: August 02, 2018, 03:53:51 PM »
Hi, this is DebbieC and I have been LEARNING Mach3 for over a year. I have engraved a couple of things.   All of a sudden my files won't open in Mach3.  Any suggestions? I did not change any settings. Thanks a bunch.
« Reply #2615 on: August 03, 2018, 02:01:49 AM »
Hello everyone, I just joined this forum and hope to learn from you.

Wish you all the best

Alhajry
« Reply #2616 on: August 08, 2018, 03:43:55 AM »
Hi there My name Is Stuart I am from Australia I just purchased a license for mach3.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,765 7,765
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2617 on: August 08, 2018, 04:03:08 AM »
Hi StuartW, alhajry & DebbieC

Welcome.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2618 on: August 10, 2018, 01:05:56 AM »
Hi' my name is Vincent. I have been trying my hands at many things and have become interesting in DIY CNC machines for a while. For the past year and a half, I started building a machine. Building the frame is easy for me because of my experience as a welder. However, the electronics are scary. I became a part of this forum to be in the company of like-minded individuals. I'm here to learn, and in whatever, though be it meager way pass on any knowledge I may have.
« Reply #2619 on: August 25, 2018, 03:49:40 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Eugene and I am from Herefordshire in the UK.  If you know a "Newbie" then add ten to the scale of 'Newbie' and that is me.  I became interested a few months ago as I tried to use a router to make a house sign, I thought there must be an easier way so a lot of money later here I am.  In one sense time is not on my side but on the other I have loads of it. Slow and steady, read a lot (on this Forum) and hopefully I might get somewhere. I have got a CNC 3040T which I bought from a German Company.  As well as the CNC i have really gone into woodworking spending a lot on Contractors Saw Bench, Router and Table. No more manual for me then.  Great to be here, it would be handy if there were other people around Hereford who were able to maybe visit and advise.  I love reading all the Posts and look forward to becoming an 'expert' before I croak.