Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:08:28 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511304 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2150 on: September 11, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to provide feedback that I got my issue figured out, thank you Tim, it was in the setup.  Appreciate the assistance.
« Reply #2151 on: September 14, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »
I am responding to new people. I hope this flys as I am new to this forum.
If I get it wrong I will try again. As to my background. I am an 84 yr old retired
Electronic tech. Started in 1965 as a BC - CNC repairmen. All types of machine tools.
Tube type, transistor on up to CNC controllers. In 2000 - 2010 retro fitted BC controls
To CNC. About 8yr ago I add mach3 to small milling machine and lathe. These I use on my choppy of
Making small steam engines. Tired of that and did wood carving for six year. I had to give that up due to
Poor eye sight. So now I am building wood router for the fun of it. When I say wood I mean about all wood
As I had all ready made the controls for my old machines l decided to take easy way out. I am now the proud
Own
Her a Pmdx 340 controller.  I'll save the rest as I develope the machine.
 I was also married for 63 yr. My very dear wife passed away this last June. I now  live alone, with many fond
Memores. Thanks for bearing with me.
Bob  or as my user name Oldtimer84

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 15, 2015, 02:03:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bob.
We are pleased to have you here and no doubt we will be calling on your vast experience and knowledge.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2153 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:59 AM »
Hi, my name is Doug and I'm definitely a newbie both to the forum and to cnc. I'm in Australia and live in Hoddles Creek east of Melbourne. I retired about 7yrs ago. My wife and I moved from the burbs and bought a rural property with a great big shed that just cried out to be filled with those toys that we all lust after. I've gradually filled it with all sorts of tools and machinery.

I've just bought a home made cnc router. I don't have the specs with me atm but it's a 4 axis machine with high torque motors and the bed is about 800mm wide x 1200mm long. It also has a laser cutter that, so far, I'm scared to turn on. It uses a Makita laminate trimmer to drive the cutters. It came with a Dell computer running Windows XP and with Vetric Aspire and Mach 3 software.

I've spent the last few days watching tutorials and slowly (oh so slowly) teaching my brain to learn again :-P I'm making progress and I'm coming to grips with the software on a superficial level.

One thing I'm wondering about the Mach 3 is that it is a licenced copy but not in my name. Is this ok with ArtSoft? Can it be transferred in to my name? I like to do things right.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:19:27 AM by Dougsshed »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: September 15, 2015, 08:19:55 AM »
Hi Doug,

Welcome to the forum.

You may be interested in reading my laser thread http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12444.0.html (it's got extremely long over the years so perhaps skip through stopping to read when you see a picture that interests you).

Please contact licensing http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/ they will be able to clarify the license situation and my guess is that you will be able to use your existing license as long as it is not a pirate copy.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2155 on: September 15, 2015, 08:28:56 AM »
Thanks Tweakie. It's late now and well past my bedtime so I'll follow those links tomorrow. :)
« Reply #2156 on: September 16, 2015, 12:31:42 AM »
For those who are interested, here's my setup....btw, the laptop is temporary so I can watch tutorials on it while I use the desktop as I go.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:40:03 AM by Dougsshed »
« Reply #2157 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:30 AM »
hi im Patrick from  western NY. I have an old practical cnc machine that i bought 10 years ago. well the table stoped working so i purchase an up grade from Candcnc Mach3 which was at the time a good investment. i have tested all the motors on bench and made sure they were working. i mounted the servo motors on my table. I'm in the process on configuring the motor drive. I'm in a jam. I have read the manual and I'm sure what to do. with the setting. I'm running a plasma on the table. If there is anyone that can help me that would be great and if your from NY that would be even better.  

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 24, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps post your question as a New Topic in the general section where it will attract more readers and a better response for a speedy answer to your request.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2159 on: September 24, 2015, 05:57:45 PM »
I NEED HELP! I work for my church and have been dabbling in woodworking my entire life. We decided to get a CNC router and long story short I can't get the machine to work @ 100% accuracy. I do not know the make because it was converted from a Metal cutting machine some time ago. I know that it is a well built machine and have had several CNC guys look it over and agreed to that. I need someone who really knows Mach3 to help us figure out what is wrong. We cannot get the machine to run at full speed and there is an error somewhere causing it to jump off course just slightly resulting in ruined work. If you are in the Dallas area and know the software well PLEASE let me know. We are willing to pay a reasonable amount to get this thing up and running so that we can create like we had planned.

Thanks so much
jonwood@lavondrive.org