Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:48:47 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511441 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1040 on: February 17, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
 ;DHello, My Name is Dennis .  Retired carpenter and machinist.  Living at Ocean Shores, WA. Live in a community of a spit of sand 2 miles wide by 5 miles long.  Worse fear is Tsunami, but what a way to go!  Lake in my back yard Ocean 1 mile away and inland harbor 1 mile the other direction. 
 Built a CNC Router for a hobby. Doing volunteer community work for various organizations here, cabinetry and sign making.  Keeps me busy.  While working for The Boeing Company I was a CNC operator / programmer.  That end is of the CNC is pretty simple. Then again that was close to 20 years ago.  Programing today seems to be a bit easier.   I'm finding that understanding how the CNC really works is a bit involved and complicated.  A total different world.

Offline ssw

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 18, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
Hello, my name is Bernie. I'm just finishing the build on my first DIY CNC router. CNC is all new to me except for the 3D modeling. I've been doing that for quite a while.

I'm starting out with BobCad-Cam and running the machine with Mach3. That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll be back.

--SSW

Offline DOUBLEG2008

•  10 10
  • A TO THE Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 18, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
HELLO EVERY ONE... I  AM NEW TO MACH I JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY ... I AM SO FAR HAVING GREAT SUCCESS ...
I AM AN ENGINEER, MACHINIST, DESIGNER, FABRICATOR, PROGRAMMER, AND ROBOTICS ... I AM IN EARLY STAGES OF TESTING MYSELF WITH STEPPERS...
I AM HAVING GREAT SUCCESS.... THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME IN A DAY TO FIGURE OUT EVERYTHING I WANT TO LEARN...
YOU WILL SEE ME SOON...  >:D >:D >:D
I HAVE ALL THE TOYS !!! HA HA HA
« Reply #1043 on: February 20, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
Hi my name is Don and I am new to CNC stuff.  I am a retired electronics engineer with several years of wood working experience.  I just recently bought a CNC machine and Mach3.  I am having trouble getting my system stable.  I have a couple of problems and searching the forum did not get any hits.  However despite having designed and worked with computers and software sine the Intel 8080 (boy that dates me) I cannot figure out how to post a question.  Do I do it from the posting instructions page?
« Reply #1044 on: February 20, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
Hi Don and welcome to the forum. Go to General Mach Discussion and select "New Topic" you will then be able to post your question and I am sure someone will be able to help you.

Neptune
« Reply #1045 on: February 20, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »
Ok Thanks
« Reply #1046 on: February 21, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
Hi,
 My name is Pradeep and I am from India. I am curently wokring on building a cnc lathe and a cnc milling machine right from scratch. I have already started a build thread on cnczone regarding my cnc lathe.
I will be using mach 3 for my projects. At this very stage, I know very little about the software, but will be exploring it deeper as I will be using it.
So I hope to have a good learning as well as sharing experience on this forum and wish to thank Artsoft for their amazing products which have given so many people the freedom to have a personal cnc.

cheers!

warm regards,
Pradeep
« Reply #1047 on: February 21, 2011, 03:38:17 PM »
My Name is John & I have recently acquired A Novakon NM-200 CNC Mill.
New to CNC & would appreciate hearing from anyone in the Holland Landing, ON, Canada area.
I have basic machining skills & manual Mill, Lathe, Surface grinder etc.
Having numerous issues with Mach3 (Probably my own inexperience).
Will post questions on the appropriate forum.
Thanks, John
« Reply #1048 on: February 23, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »
Hello Everyone, What a fantastic forum  :) I've been lurking for a bit, learning bits and pieces. I'm very new to the CNC venue, although I have used manual machines. I jumped into the realm of CNC kinda out of necessity. I started a very small company with one employee (me), that designs and makes custom linkage systems for the air-cooled VW's, early Porsche's, etc. I decided on making all my parts in house, thanks to some dealings with professional machine shops  >:(

Anyway, my first adventure is going to be the modernization of an Emcoturn 120P lathe, that I 've recently aquired and to have it run under Mach3. Once things start rolling, I hope to start my own thread on the build process. I'm not an engineer, or a professor, nor am I a machinist. So, if the thread is started it will contain the nuts and bolts of putting a project like this together, no formula's , no theory's in physics, no long winded exhortations on why something will or will not work (like i've seen on other forums)  ;D

hope to post soon...
pete

« Reply #1049 on: February 23, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
Hello All

My name is Tim Lauts, a CAD Instructor at Highland Community College Technical Center in Atchison Ks.  Last year we wrote a grant and put in a CNC lab including a Tormach Mill and Syil lathe and lots of new software, also as a part of the grant we added reverse engineering and purchased a 3D Next Engine Scanner.  Needless to say we are working very hard learning all the ins and outs of setting up the machines, software, and general machining operations.  Thank goodness there is lots of wax.  Luckly, we have a machinist attending the class and instructs us on machining practices, he is here to learn the CAD/CAM.

Tim Lauts
HCCTC
1501 West Riley
Atchison Ks. 66002
tlauts@highlandcc.edu