Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:17:59 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511562 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2240 on: February 09, 2016, 12:11:27 AM »
Hey guys my name is Dylan Im a new machinist building a g0704 retrofit bit from Hossmachining. Glad to be here and i plan on sharing my experience with everyone. I have another thread posted with a problem hope i can figure it out. Anyways take it easy everyone and throw them chips
« Reply #2241 on: February 09, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »
Hi
I'm Daniel, just registered
I've got CNC 2030, and still learning how to use it :)
But I have an issue, that is the reason I have registered my self today.
I use Artcam Express to create shapes, but when I load G codes and start the router it's engraving deformed shapes.
Wandering if anyone can help me solve that.
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 10, 2016, 02:27:28 AM »
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum.

Post your question as a New Topic in the general section, giving as much detail about your machine and it's setup as you think may be necessary for others to understand the problem you are having. A picture of the deformed shapes you mention may also help (use the Reply tab and Additional Options to post images).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2243 on: February 10, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »
Hello I'm Igor. New user with Mach 3. Just started. And have many questions. Primarily would like to use program with Profili , and Dev Wwing foam . Will do some hobby foam cutting for models of airplane. I wish some one help me to guide primarily familiar to use Mach 3 with 4 axis,hot wire foam cutter. How can I set up program for manually to move each Axis and both together , just for sheet of foam to cut out of block of foam ? Would appreciate to guide me up. Thank you !.
« Reply #2244 on: February 12, 2016, 02:21:46 AM »
Hello im Bryan from new york! i need help very depressed

Ok i just bought a cnc from china anyway i bought a desktop computer 32 whatever..

I bought the mach3 disk got it today..

I put in my disk clicked set up...then clicked run...

I agreeed to software agreement..welcome to installer mach3..

Clicked next...install c:/mach3 click next...

Not sure about what to put in this part  create profile..

Mill profile,

Turn profile

plasma profile.

I choose mill profile i typed in cnc.

Clicked next...ready to install click next...

It starts to show it starting to download it stopped code IRSetup.

A sharing violation occured while accessing an unnamed file

what do i do now to fix this problem?? i need help getting this software up and running any ideas  well thank u

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 12, 2016, 02:40:31 AM »
Hi Bryan,

Welcome to the forum.

Please post your question as a New Topic, giving as much detail about your PC as you think is necessary, and I am sure someone will be able to help resolve the 'unnamed file' issue (not many members read this section which is really only for introductions rather than problem solving).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2246 on: February 14, 2016, 01:06:09 AM »
Hello Friends

In a last few years I started to learn about CNC programing and built some machines for our purposes.My English is bad,maybe I make some mistakes,wrong words,but I hope that You understad all.
My age is almost 50 so the new is not me,but of course here it is.
Generally I need the help from You regarding to work with mach 3.
I built some simple things like stepper motors with mach,but now I stopped a little bit.
In my new project there is a rollformer wich is needed to roll some profile and in a meantime to stop punch some holes,and go and stop the punch in other position
and finally cut the profile on lenght.The problem is that the main engine need to be drived with freq.inverter a 3x380 volts becouse of a big Nm needings.
We put the encoder on mach and its count in a settings screen but not be able to machining with.
There is some guy who help to me before,but he is also out of ideas how to manage this machine to work like I want.
Summarizing I need next.
X shaft:drive the 3xAC motor via frequency converter,and encoder
Y,Z,A,B shaft :to drive stepper motors for positioning 2 punchig heads
2 relays to give the signals to punching heads
1 relay to give the signal for cut to lenght

If someone help to me I really appreciate

Arpad from Hungary
« Reply #2247 on: February 18, 2016, 03:28:40 PM »
hi
I have been working with and around CNC machines my entire working life (over 30 years). I have purchased myself a small CNC router/mill for using at home making, mainly, guitar parts. I have downloaded and installed Mach3 and unfortunately it doesnt work. when running the drivertest it reports "No driver sensed installed. Run driver test" I have repeatedly uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. can anyone advise me as to what i am doing wrong? P C is more than up to spec although, i am wondering, is windows 7 supported?
« Reply #2248 on: February 19, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »
My name is George B, I live in Kent, WA south of Seattle.  I do have a background in Hardware, but I know next to nothing about CNC and machining in general. I have a hobby grade CNC mill lathe combo with a Camtronics controller with Geckos in it. I've never had a single problem with the steppers, the controller, the XP PC, and I have been using Mach2.

I've decided to make the move to Mach3, and I'm already a little frustrated. I can fire up Mach2, go to the Motor tuning page, and all is good. I got to mach3, where I have enabled the lpt1 port, and then to the motor tuning page, and I can't get a motor to move. So I guess this is an intro, and a plead for help.. I've watched a few intros, and thought I'd read the manual, but..... here I am... lost... 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 19, 2016, 02:16:00 AM »
hi
I have been working with and around CNC machines my entire working life (over 30 years). I have purchased myself a small CNC router/mill for using at home making, mainly, guitar parts. I have downloaded and installed Mach3 and unfortunately it doesnt work. when running the drivertest it reports "No driver sensed installed. Run driver test" I have repeatedly uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. can anyone advise me as to what i am doing wrong? P C is more than up to spec although, i am wondering, is windows 7 supported?

Welcome to the forum.

Win 7 is supported but if you are using the LPT parallel port then the PC has to be 32 bit.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:20:25 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE