Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:45:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511642 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1680 on: March 06, 2013, 10:31:09 PM »
Hello,
My name is David Stephan. I am a retired Mechanical Engineer who loves to play in the machine shop. I have assembled a nice collection of machines, all manual, over the last twenty-five years, but never have done anything with CNC. Recently I purchased a 80's vintage, Boss 5 or 6, Series ! Bridgeport that I intend to retro-fit and use Mach 3 as a machine interface. Should be an interesting experience, that is if the old noodle can figure out how to do it.
« Reply #1681 on: March 08, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
I'm looking for some one that has used Mach to do Sewing, I'm looking for someone that has got the problem of stitch to feed rate solved
I understand that sewing is unique and most of the work is being done on milling and turning
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that wants to build a Sewing ( quilting ) machine and i'm looking for someone that is willing to share
what they have done to solve stitch length and programing......
I have a workig 3 axis Mill running under Mach. .... and have 2 Husqvarna Viking Embroidery machines, I have Husqvarna Viking 5D programing software, so I'm looking on how to control the machine ( dfx-G-code who knows )
« Reply #1682 on: March 09, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
Hi,

I live in Saint John, NB, Canada.   I have been a hobby machinist for 40+ years and have recently retired from my career as a consulting environmental engineer.  At the time of my retirement I planned to earn some money from my shop.  To this end, I bought a 13 40 Kent lathe and a Novakon CNC Mill , which just arrived two weeks ago.  (I also have  Myford lathe , vertical mill and a small horizontall mill).  I'm in a steep learning curve with the CNC mill, but it seems to be a nice machine.

I would really like to meet anyone else in my part of the world that is using Mach 3, so i could pick their brain!

Peter McKelvey
« Reply #1683 on: March 13, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Hello All

I'm Richard Hallett from Wolverhampton, UK.  I make shavings and sawdust with the occasional piece from my old and trusty Multico Pro-Mec ( A sort of pre-historic Shopsmith) . It's a Pussy cat now having been updated to 3 phase on an Inverter and is totally controllable. I fancied going down the CNC Avenue (nobody told me it was a Cul-de Sac) as an add on to the hobby and if I knew then what I know now!!!!!

I'm sure that all you knowledgeable folk on the Forum, you won't let us Newbies drown but please...all you Technophiles....keep it easy and simple, just like us Newbies for us Newbies!!

« Reply #1684 on: March 15, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »
jonjell
I like to build machine and have a pretty good background in electronics, computer and machine building
I started to build things when I was 10-12 like motor bikes,  boats, robots, etc.
I worked as a fabrication Eng. In my twenties I was building automated saw mills, I also made some of the first home built mini computers, making them from the boards on up, to writing the machine code software, In those days you had to.
(This was some 40 plus years ago pre apple )
I still like machines I still do field service on mills and lathes, I built a 3 axis mill using mach 3  last year. I have a 14 inch swing lathe, and full size knee mill, as well as  every kind of welder you could want.
I want to build a full size router/plasma table for myself, I don’t think there is even a good challenge in that because all the work has been done
In moch3 software the G code can be generated by cad or hand written.

Here is what I’m looking to work on.
I have been looking at breaking a sewing machine up, running the top and bottom synchronized with servos making, the throat as big as one would need to build any size quilting/ embroidery table as anyone could want.

Doing a motion path like in milling is easy, and even doing point to point is somewhat like drilling.
But sewing is a horse of its own,,,   stitch length needle penetration anticipation, and using that to control x and y  velocities makes my head hurt.
looking for someone one that might have the same interests......
« Reply #1685 on: March 16, 2013, 05:14:37 AM »
Hi
My name is Gary, based in Cape Town, South Africa and totally new to the world of CNC machining. My brain has lots of learning and information still to absorb!
I am busy building a 4' x 4' router. Most of the mechanics are done, only a few more bits and pieces to complete.
The machine is a rack and pinion based system with the z axis being screw driven. The motion controller is a Toshiba 6260 board, with Nema 23 motors.
I am at the stage of wiring up the electonics, installing Mach3 and hope to test the system within the next week.
The bits and pieces still to be completed are mainly cable trays to be manufactured and e-chain fitted, mounting and connecting limit/home switches.
For now I am busy trying to configure M3 to enable a test of running the motors.
 ;D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: March 16, 2013, 05:50:28 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of you project and hearing of your construction techniques etc.

You could post the information as a new topic here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,27.0.html as I am sure there will be much interest.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1687 on: March 16, 2013, 06:02:29 AM »
Hi Tweakie
Thanks for the welcome.
I still have to take pics of my machine, will do so when done.
I will be neeing lots of help from here on in, so this forum will definitely will be delved into in depth.
« Reply #1688 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »
mi nombre es Juan Almirall no se si aqui es el lugar más adecuado para presentarme, pero soy un aficionado al CNC y no consigo salir adelante haber si con la colaboración de todos arranco el programa

jalmirall

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 17, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Hola Juan,

Bienvenido al foro.

Tenemos una sección en español donde se puede enviar cualquier pregunta que usted pueda tener. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE