Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:38:28 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511607 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2008, 02:48:47 AM »
Hi my name is Dave and i run my home built cnc router i used acad and kcam to produce model aircraft projects for production and need to get in to match 4 to do sum 3D stuff and foam work and it is nice to have a spell check first one i have seen and as you will see i need one

I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self. You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self. You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2008, 02:49:08 AM »
Hi, I'm Martin

I'm a design engineer and bought a Heiz400 this year. I'm currently machining a model of the 2003 Bentley Le Mans winner out of Blackwood. It's fun but I can't run it whenever I'd like because it's on my desktop in my study! My wife does not appreciate the noise! I'm a South African living in Lincolnshire, UK.

Cheers
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2008, 02:55:38 AM »
Hi,

Introducing myself at your invitation.  I have a hobby interest in CNC, though my machine has in fact been doing some earning lately.

My CNC Mill is a much modified and improved Seig X2.  It has a ball screw z - axis, re-machined x, and y - axis leadscrews, currently fitted with anti backlash nuts (lead screws and nuts are true square threads, cut on my Premo 5.25" lathe).  There is also a 4th axis rotary table with adjustable tailstock.  No-load position accuracy is approx +/- .001" on x y and z axises, so I am well pleased with the re-work.  There is a DRO on the z axis.  Main wish list is a 10,000 rpm spindle - I am working on that one!  2,500 rpm is much too slow for small end mills.

My stepper drives are home built using EAS PCBs (microstepping at 8 step). I run from 2 x 40 Volt DC 3 amp power supplies, home designed using toroidal transformers and regulated supplies. 

I recently purchased cut2d and find it to be an excellent 2D CAM program.  The machine is, of course, running on Mach3.

Graham H  -  Sydney, Australia

« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2008, 02:57:33 AM »
Hi,
Please don't delete me.  I've been running Mach2/3 on a 3/4-scale chinese bridgeport clone for a about 3-years to make parts for a bmw e9 restoration http://www.vranedom.com.  I use Mach2 for most of the work, but also use Mach3 to digitize parts for reproduction.  Is Mach 4's camera interface better than Mach 3's?  I also just got a thrashed Victor 618 toolroom lathe and will likely convert it over to CNC as part of its refurb.

Thanks for the great resource,
David 
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2008, 03:08:59 AM »
Hi,

I'm Mike from Belgium and I'm using mach3 to make fish floats.  I've created a lathe specially for this purpose.
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2008, 03:09:47 AM »
Hi all,
I've been around for quite a while, just reading, as I don't have CNC on anything yet. I intended initially to use it with my Myford ML7 lathe, and have some stepper motors, an Advantech embedded PC104 computer put aside for this.
I keep on getting sidetracked, I've been following the development of E-LeadScrew, but I think Mach is more suitable for my lathe.

I also like the idea of the Quorn tool and cutter grinder, and the thought of using CNC to control that is tempting, although I will need to make a Quorn first!

I have loaded and dry-run Mach s/w and I like the ease of the interface, so I intend to make use of it, just got to stop sitting here reading...
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »
Hi to all,

I recently purchased Mach3 after playing around with it in trial for about 6 months.  I built a Mechmate and have been running it for a little over a month.  I'm still learning about all the functions of Mach3 and its been a real blast.  I'm located in Taiwan. 

Offline wfd

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2008, 03:28:04 AM »
Hi my name is Benny, the dumb name I have as my forum name is benny spelt backwards. For some reason it has stuck.
I live In Melbourne Australia. I have been into CNC for a couple of years now, and love the fact that a personal computer can drive a CNC machine. Hence my involvement with Mach3.
I have built two CNC router tables now, and get a kick out of seeing a machine that I built, actually cut something. Its a constant thrill for me. ( But then again I am easily amused. )

Offline Denis

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2008, 03:34:57 AM »
Hello,
My name is Denis  and I'm french. I run my homebuilt plasma router .
Thanks for this forum where I'm fishing a lot of tips.
Denis

Offline wfd

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2008, 03:37:10 AM »
Hi I'm Bill
I enjoy readig the posts - its a pleasure to be part of this forum. I am presantly building a small 3 axis mill. I enjoy using Mach with a small 3 axis mill that I previously built.
Looking forward to being a member of this forum.