Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:39:12 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511535 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2230 on: January 18, 2016, 02:12:50 AM »
Hello from sunny Montrose!

New boy on the block with a bit of expereince on manual machines (Bridgeport mill, Boxford Lathe etc) but now keen to get into CNC. I am a little in the dark as to which machine I need for my particular work on components for race cars etc, there is such a massive variety out there!
« Reply #2231 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
Thanks ! i need to try and get some information . Anyone had any luck controlling a oxy fuel torch with mach firing the torch , preheat delay pierce delay , i think i know how i can do it manually like fabricating a second control station for lighting the torch preheating and creating a power button for opening a solenoid for cutting oxygen . But is there a way to do it withinn the parameters of mach. Just got interested in building my own cnc plasma table in the 3 months or so , is it best to buy the bladerunner kit from candcnc or build your own power supply with the geko G540 . Thanks Jason Mcdaniel
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:48:59 PM by mcdaniel01 »
« Reply #2232 on: January 22, 2016, 01:03:06 PM »
My name is Malcolm, I live in the UK having been born (78 years ago) and brought up in Cornwall I am a total NEW boy in CNC and Mach3.

I have done complicated (Segmented) woodturning, (exhibiting in the USA) for a number of years, but alas due to many reasons my lungs are NOT in good condition. I thought it therefore would be sensible to get rid of my lathe etc. etc. and try a new venture in the world of CNC.

I imported a machine from China (6060) and all is now set up except for Spindle problems. I have just posted a question as to trying to solve my Spindle problems. I look forward to using this site very frequently.

Needless to say any assistance in any direction will be VERY welcome.
Malcolm

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 23, 2016, 01:18:30 AM »
Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to the forum.
I am sure we can all disprove the theory about teaching an old dog new tricks.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2234 on: January 26, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
Hi,

My name is Marcus and I live in Los Angeles Califonia, I have been running several brands of CNC machines for 5 years now, and I'm a Certified General Machinist as well as freshly graduated in Manufacturing Engineering.  Most of my experience is in the tool and die/mold industry making tools for plastic injection for mostly the automotive industries as well as various small series business needs.

I own a Roland MDX20, a Gravograph IS400 and a TorchMate with MACH3 which I have some ideas on making a little bit bigger and routing capable by using a splindle attachment. I would like also to add a 4th axis to it and I am making some research on that. I have a small (tiny) business that I am trying to run on the side, maybe one day I can do it full time and make it really take off.

I know many different CNC controlers such as NUM, Fanuc, Heidenhein, and a few others.
I am also familiar with many CAM software such as CATIA, SolidworksHSM, TopSolid, Gravostyle (came with the IS 400), Typeedit, ArtClip3D... When I first came to California I started working for a company that imported CNC machines from China but there was too much travel involved so I couldn't stay any longer with that company. Now I am in a software company subsidiary of a huge machine manufacturer, it is a good place to work they have very good customer relationship and I am myself helping software users to smooth their experience with our solutions. 

I enjoy drawing, woodcarving, snowboarding and treking. I love CNC and I have benefited greatly from this site and all the people here. I hope I will be able to give back as much as I got.

Marcus

Marcus Minor
Technician at ARTCLIP3D CAD/CAM
http://www.artclip3d.com
« Reply #2235 on: January 26, 2016, 07:31:16 PM »
Hello,
My name is Lawrence.  I am in northern Mn. and trying to educate myself in the operation of a cnc. I have spent the last three years trying to get Mach3 to operate my CNC. I can't get  any power to a motor. I am almost 70 and would like to get this working before I croak !

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 27, 2016, 02:54:54 AM »
Hi Lawrence,

Welcome to the forum.

Post your problem in the general section as a 'new topic' giving as much information as you can about your router, it's controller, drivers, etc. and I am sure there will be many reply's with suggestions about how to resolve the problem. Hopefully, your machine will be making chips in no time. :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2237 on: January 29, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »

Hi everyone my name is Mike and I am a newby hobbiest mach 3 user and look forward to learning just a small amount of what you all know so much about. Thanks in advanve for my lack of knowledge in your arena..

best

Mike ;D
« Reply #2238 on: February 07, 2016, 05:53:01 PM »
Hi,
My name is John. New to CNC. I'm a hobbyist primary interested in using it for wood. I got one of those units from China, couldn't beat the price. To my surprise it connected relatively easy and is talking to mach3 software. It's been going slow since. I'm running the sample road runner. Setup x y as home which is in the lower left hand corner of my board.  Z is just touching the top of my board. When I press go to Z it returns to the home position just above the board. When I press cycle start, it raises the bit and runs above the board. Not really sure why. Any help could be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jon
« Reply #2239 on: February 08, 2016, 05:47:06 PM »
Hi ,
 my name is Dermot. living in ireland and have been involved in engineering (maintenance,  machine building , light electrics,  cad .) for the bones of 35 years.  I built a 4' x 4' gantry router last year just to get a hobby going because the kids have flown the nest , well nearly!  I'm still getting to grips with it and would love to build a knowledge base of cnc's.   and Mach 3.