Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:54:07 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511405 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1100 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »
   ;) 
Welcome aboard Forrera if you address your question to the general forum I'm sure the Guys in there be able to help

Dick
« Reply #1101 on: March 28, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
Hi, My name is Douglas. I have been involved in electronics design since the early 80's. I spent many years in RTP, North Carolina where everyone was an enteprenuar and a lot of start -up companies were born. I guess that once you get a taste of the lifestyle you cannot lose it. A friend has need of a laser cutter and I promised to do some research. I am hooked. Something in my head said "You gotta do this".  I currently live in Lima Peru where I teach English as a second language. In Lima I cannot even find a board fabricator and shipping here is beyond belief, both in time and money. I had to give up dumpster diving since they try to fix everything here until they run out of duck tape and bailing wire. I have been involved is some mechanical design, precision presses, etc. but nothing of this magnitude. I am really looking forward to the challange. It is great to see so much support on a project like this.
« Reply #1102 on: March 28, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »
 ;D
Hi Douglas And the other guys that I missed recently, welcome aboard any questions that you may have please address to the general forum.and I'm sure that someone will be able to advise.I am constantly amazed at the diversity and location of the members
Dick  ;)
« Reply #1103 on: April 03, 2011, 05:46:39 AM »
Hi,

My name is Mark and I've just converted a AL-320g lathe to cnc with Mach3 control.

Background is varied, currently work as a manufacturing engineer but not in a machining
environment.

Plan to convert my mill next and possibly a small grinder.

Mark
« Reply #1104 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:05 AM »
 ;D
   Hi Mark welcome aboard 

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1105 on: April 03, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
Hi,
My name is Robert, I live in SE Texas.  I built a large CNC for a home shop. I have Mach3 and a C11G break out board. When Mach3 is running the screen appears to be running correctly.  Each arrow key makes the screen numbers increase / decrease as expected. The BOB however has no reaction.  The power light is lit. The output light is on.  The direction keys for both directions on the output pins are lit. Meaning all the output lights are on. When I turn the power on the motors jog.

Here is what I have done so far.
     The charge pump jumper is disabled on the BOB and in Mach3.
     The address for the port is correct.
     The inputs (limits, e-stop etc) are all disconnected from the BOB and disabled in Mach3.
     The enable jumper on the BOB is connected.
     Arturo at CNC4PC replaced the board.
     I bought a new PCI parallel port
     I have tried 4 different 25 pin cables.

I would really like to get this running.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the computer talking to the BOB?

Thanks

Robert

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 03, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »
Hi Robert,

Start a new thread under the General section and I will reply there. This section is really only for introductions.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1107 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:11 PM »
Hi I'm Mike Cahill, and I live in Castleford in West Yorks, UK, I've had the bits for a machine for about 3 yrs, got quite a way along with building a machine out of mdf, but wasn't happy with how it turned out so bought a small mill from Merchant Dice, put together the motors and drivers from ebay etc. got that running about a week ago, and played with it most days since then, I've now bought bigger motors for the mdf machine, and ordered bits to extend the range of my first machine. one of my other hobbies is making clogs, I intend to cut my own wooden soles, and metal parts with a cnc mill, I'll post some pictures when I manage it  
« Reply #1108 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »

;) Hi Mike us boys have just go to have our toys, welcome aboard

Dick ;D
« Reply #1109 on: April 07, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Hello,  My name is Gary Davis . I am a toolmaker 59 years old. I am trained in AutoCad. I have a little machine shop in work in classic ways to design and make tools and parts.
         Lately, I have been interested in learning to use and possibly make a cnc router. However, I know little about numerical control. I am making a series of plastic parts to replace obsolete parts for ATM machines. One part, and acrylic flat form, would lend it's self well to a small precision CNC router. At the present I mill the form by hand using coordinates from my autocad and watching my dro. It works well but I would like to set up more of these parts, the fixturing for them and be able to deligate the making to a part time helper that works for me.
        So, it looks like I am starting from scratch here applying the Mach3 software. Right now, I am trying to decide to buy a little router to get started with or just make one from scratch ? I dunno.
        Anyhow, I appreciate all the interesting people out there willing to help newbies. .............. Gary