Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:17:47 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511310 times)

Re: New people welcome !! <<< and a Feed Rate Over Ride question >>>
« Reply #1860 on: January 29, 2014, 05:35:41 AM »
Hi
Another newbie here. . .   just taking my 1st steps into CNC with a small desktop mill. I have my first question I hope someone can help me with.

I have the machine set up, running under jog control, and soft limits set.

I have a problem with the Feed Rate Over Ride preventing the machine from feeding at the set federate.

The g-code has a federate of 300mm/min. The program runs fine when not attached to the machine. But when ever the machine is attached to the PC I get the red LED for Feed Rate Over Ride come on and it down regulates the feed so something ridiculously low. If I click reset it jumps up momentarily but then gets overridden. It does the same even if there’s no toolpath loaded – as soon as it’s connected to the PC.

I can’t find anyway to turn off the feed rate override.  (It’s a demo / trial version of Mach 3 currently while  I learn my way around).

Any suggestions where I go look for settings that may cause this please?

Andy

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1861 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:18 AM »
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.

If you post your question as a new topic in the General Mach Discussion section it is more likely to get a response offering suggestions which will resolve your problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1862 on: February 02, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »
Hello all,
I'm John Crosetti & I work for a party rental company. We do everything from small back yard parties to nation wide events. I draw the cad drawings for events & I'm the graphics guy here.... now I guess I'm going to be the cnc guy & I can see I've have a lot to learn.
So about  2 months ago my boss bought a cnc router after seeing what it could do.
I'm completely new to the cnc world, but from what see in my short time here, I think I'm going to love this world!

Cheers!
« Reply #1863 on: February 04, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »
Can I use Mach to control Parker Compumotor ZX610 servo drivers and servos? I have a Moog 83-1000 retrofitted with the Parkers on x and y, have been running in terminal mode using Parker's Xware. I'm a prototype developer in Florence, KY.

Jim

Offline TXJM

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:55 PM »
Hi,
I am Chip Miles.  I am definitely a beginner in the cnc world.  I have a little plc and hmi experience.  I have a Syil X4 and a D&M 4s.  I am getting up to speed on using the X4 and I am updating the old 4s(sherline with a cool enclosure).  I am in the process of learning how to configure Mach 3 and how steppers work at the same time.
Chip
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:37:31 PM by TXJM »
« Reply #1865 on: February 09, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »
Hi All

Iam new her and new to cnc machining look forward to getting help and advice from everyone

Kevin
« Reply #1866 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »
My name is Tom. I recently bought a Velox CNC machine. I have it all set up but have no idea what I am doing when it comes to Mach3. I am sure it will take some time to learn it,. but I don't even know where to start. :(

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 11, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
Excellent looking machine Tom, you'r going to have some fun with that.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1868 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »
Thanks Tweakie!,. yeah I am super pumped to make my first cut,. Mach3 at first look seems like a foreign language to me. I am good at CAD design but need to get going on Mach3,. problem is I have a license for Mach3 but it didnt come with any manuals. Where would be a good place to start?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
Hi Tom,

The manuals are all here http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Don't worry if you can't understand it all (I've been using Mach3 for years and still don't know the half of it) because there will be some functions that you will probably never ever need to use but they should give you the general idea.

Tweakie.
PEACE