Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:31:08 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511345 times)

Offline INJ

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »
I am building a Plasma table and have hit a brick wall. I have bought a Logitrol Systems CNC 7.0 Amp Extra Duty driver ( 2 Phase ) + a Logitrol 700 Watt 50 VDC Coil Drive & 2 Stepper Motors to suit. The system came with no Hand Book & very little information. I have had a computer Guru set up the computer for me but he knows nothing about making this thing work. I have had this system for coming up 2 years ( a long term project ) and it's time to get it going. I do not have Mach 3 as yet but I will buy it as soon as I understand what to do with it. I need Help! If I buy Mach 3 now, do I down load it to a disc from this computer and load it into my other computer? ( the other machine has no internet available) I want to cut shapes that I draw on Auto cad 14. Do I need other software for this to happen or do I draw in another program. Any help to understand how this all works would be greatly appreciated INJ

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:23:06 AM by Graham Waterworth »
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »
Hello. my name is Jeff and I'm new to this forum. I have a MaxNC CL2 that is 6 years old and I'm hoping to get Mach3 software to work as a controller. I also have the 4th axis and digitzer for my mill. To those that have a mill like mine, and the same vintage, I would greatly appreciate your help in getting my mill running on Mach3.

I also have a vintage 1952 Sears Craftman lathe that would be fun to convert to CNC.

Located in northwest Ohio.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:22:10 AM by blackrat6355 »
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »
Hello All,

I am new to all this and I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions and more than likely they will seem like stupid questions but I will first use the search function and see if I can get the answers I need. I am not new to the use of forums so I will eliminate those questions right off the top.

A little about myself;

My name is Bill, and I am 46 years old. I am a  Model Maker and Prototype Builder by trade and I have been at it a very long time. I can do machining, it's just that I am new to CNC. I bought a HF mini mill and lathe a while back and I have been converting them to CNC. I have made all the parts and am now doing the final assembly on the mini mill. The CNC kit I have built is the Ron Steele kit and the manual was purchased from LMS. My hobbys are just building things and yes, this is one of them.

Here are the specs on my mini mill;

Harbor Freight 44991 Central Machinery Mini Mill/Drill
HobbyCNC 4 Axis HCNCPRO Driver Board Kit
Keling Technology Inc. KL23H286-20-8B 425 oz. Steppers (http://www.kelinginc.net/KL23H286-20-8B.pdf)
Mach3 Version R2.0.065 (Demo Version) ... (until I figure this out, then I will purchase)

Well I guess I am off to use the search function and see if I can find the answers to my questions, if not, I will see you on the boards!

Thank You for a place to come to!

Thanks
Bill

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:57:16 PM by BillCNC »
Greetings from Golden Horseshoe
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »
Hello !

My name is Marius. I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

I have been lurking on and off in this forum as well. My curiousity about CNC started back in the trade school when I watched machinists and tool and die makers making parts with a NC machine. I work in a factory maintenance department as millwright.

Anyway, now I have my Bridgeport clone "knee type" 10X50 with a 3 HP motor. I managed to collect a few parts that will help me to start a CNC conversion. I attached a few pics.

I have a ton of questions as I don't know how to connect the computer to the Mach 3. Hope to get some help.

Best regards,

Marius
Pics
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »
Hi !

I was unable to upload a smaller pic. Will try this one

Marius

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2007, 04:05:02 PM »
My name is Rainer (German) and my nick is Lemo. I'm located in New Jersey 12 MIles from New York City. I have an engineering background, do wood turning, and now thought I fulfill an old dream and buy a Taig cnc mill. The goal is to pulverize wood, which I turned painstakingly on the lathe, in the most precise and expensive way I can find.
I have a vast experience in Computer 3D and recently bought a permanent (played with the demo for a while) Rhino 4 license.
I also own XSI, C4D, Zbrush and a few other 3d apps which I use to create my art.
Time will tell how I can convert their data into nice reliefs or 3d models.
The Taig Mill has the A-Axis to enable the highest degree of freedom I can afford.
Let's see where this journey takes me. The machine will arrive in the next days...
Till then I'm looking at video's, read docu's, generate tool path which I can stare at in the little blueish Mach3 win...
Software is all set..... Hardware is eagerly anticipated. Interesting how the prospect of a new gadget can turn otherwise matured patience into a waiting frenzy...
So far the intro..
Cheers
Rainer

Cut five times and still to short...
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2007, 12:54:48 AM »
Ok, I'm new!! I bought Mach 3 with my stepper motors a couple of months back. I have been scratch building a CNC router project. It has been fun but the work and design has been a challenge. At work I have access to a mill and the guys will make some parts for me on the VF-11 for me. I have just test run my machine and it moved and cut. I was running my machine tonight cutting a logo with lettering for my son. Things went well except that the lettering is backwards. Good thing it was cut on 3/8 lexan. My thought is to reverse the step direction wires. Will this change the direction???

to see my project look at my web page at www.t-3cobra.com/CNC

Thanks Randy
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2007, 09:23:04 AM »
Welcome!

To revers your axis you need to check reverse for that axis under Config/Homing and Limits... that should get you up and running

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »
Hi All, I am new to CNC and milling for that matter. I have a Taig CNC mill on the way so I am trying to get to know the software
a little first. I must say it is a little overwelming at first. I am going to need a lot of help setting up and get things running. Any advice would
be welcome. I am not new to metal work I have been using a lathe for years.

Fred
(Astroguy)
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:15 AM »
Hello all,

My name is Paul Fowler and I live in Albany, NY.  My primary occupation is "Senior Architect Consultant" for large IT shops.  I have been there and done that with regards to software and large software projects...

I have two little girls (ages 4 and 6) and a lovely wife and I have recently wanted to start actually developing things that I could touch and feel.  In particular, I want to make things (games) for my wife and family.  Why buy a board game when I can make a 3-D game which has input from the whole family?

So, I just purchased a sherline lathe and mill package (I know it generally makes hobby / smaller items), I setup Mach3, and I put together a fairly impressive package of free software related to 3D Scanning / Mesh correction / Drawing / CAD / CAM / File Conversions / Calculations / CNC Simulations / and of course, Mach 3.

I went to scrap yards and found good aluminum, purchased some good end-mills and engravers from harvey tools, and spent the last month experimenting with the Mill.  I am loving it and my wife is seemingly very impressed with the results.  I just made one little girl a neclace charm and the other a sign for her bed out of a jpeg that she drew...  Cool ?

I will be around these forums for a while.

Fowler