Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:15:32 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511457 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2007, 12:10:03 AM »
Hi, all,
        My name is Chuck, am a 35 year old trapped in a 68 year old body and hooked on cnc. A friend bought a plasma cutter which I thought was interesting so I got mach 3, built a cnc router and started my learning curve. That was two years ago and just now at a point where I can cut stuff, so, I'm building a second cnc machine, larger (24"X48") to cut bigger stuff. I am retired Air Force as well as having done a bit on the Hellfire engineering staff, for Rockwell Missile Systems Division, Duluth GA. I have a pretty complete machine, R&D, wood shop in the back yard where I cut, bang, burn, and generally mutilate stuff. It keeps me busy. The canman title came from building small motorcycles from Harley-Davidson Daytona Bike week beer cans, which I don't do now. I  enjoy reading the questions and can relate to most of the problems folks have with cnc. Mach3 is the best pgm I've seen for cnc. Later: Chuck (canman)

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2007, 07:03:02 PM »
HI  I am  Adam from nebraska Iam 27 years old I enjoy learning and trying new things i have been watching artsoft and Mach users grow like a wild fire in the past years all tho i have never put Mach to use i enjoy seeing what people have done with their minds and machines 
 To date I am working a local Manufacturing company that produces aluminum pipe and products then for a side jobs I fabricate Granite counter tops for people building new or remodeling their homes this is what keeps me busy in the summer and fall winters are slow in September I bought a Fryer MB-15 cnc mill off eBay so now i have the machine to build with
So Thank you for welcoming me in to the group and feel free to drop me a line any time with suggestions on great starter machines

Adam
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »
I am a new member as of today. I am located in Sudbury Ontario Canada and am looking for somway to revive a couple of CNC machines at the  High Sch that I teach at. I am hoping that someonere has had experience with Phoenix lathes and is able to steer me in the right direction.
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2007, 09:08:30 AM »
HI,

I'm Jack located in Rochester,New York.   I just purchased a Xylotex outfit and am waiting forit to be delivered.   My first project is to retro fit an X2 mini-mill and hope to eventually retro the mini-lathe and build a small cnc wood router.   Anyone in RochesterNY area?

Jack
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »
Hi, I have been using Mach 3 for about 8 months now on a CNC router table. So far I really like the software, but there are a couple of glitches I have experienced that someone on here may be able to help with? When running a program the feedrate override button allows me to change the speed, but there is a variable length time lag before the machine responds to new feedrate... Any ideas? Also, at the end of a program I normally program the machine to return to x0, y0, and a safe Z of 1.5 for example. Mach 3 returns the machine to the proper coordinates, but changes the Z value on the screen to some random numbers.. I have to remember to re-enter the proper Z value before I move the Z axis or run a program again with the same tool.. It normally throws a value 2 to 3 " negative below the actual Z 0. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to solve these problems? Thanks in advance for any ideas...!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:17:04 PM by tjs45d »
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2007, 01:30:06 AM »
Hello,

My name is Jim. I am a robot enthusiast, so mechanics and electronics are my hobbies. I own a Shopmaster Tri-Power CNC lathe/mill. I am fairly new to CNC, but as I am an engineer in real life, I am familiar with the concepts. At the time of the posting, I am fine tuning Mach3Mill and Mach3Turn on my machine. I intend to use the machine to make parts for robots. I am very impressed with the quality of the Mach3 software. I write software in C, so I understand what a challenge it is.
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2007, 08:11:18 PM »
hi every one this is woffler from arizona i finally foud this place ive been lost
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »
Hello All,
I am , as my screen name indicates, a technology education teacher. I am new to this forum but I have been using mach for about three years. So far I have built a desktop engraver machine from scratch(just to see if I could do it) using hobby cnc electronics and Mach2, I've converted a seig mini mill with my own home built drive components and a  xylotex controller and a fairly large cnc wood rouer 3' x 4' x 4". W/Hobby CNC electronics  All of my machines are executed in steel and aluminum with a little bit of acetal thrown in here and there. Currently I am using my router at school to make lapsteel guitars.  We've been using a 2 flute carbide spiral cut (down) router bit in a porter cable 1hp router. Been cutting at 20 IPM with .2" increments in oak cherry and maple, although one of the kids for got to change his posted code and was running .100" increments at about 60IPM... It was scarey at first...but it worked.

OK, I joined this forum because I've been using the bare minimum capabilities of the software. My machines are running without limit and home switches or spindle control. I would like to learn more about the circuitry and control. Was hoping there was also a user to bounce questions off of near my home in Auburn NY, or at least someone willing to experiment with me.

Matt
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:24:22 PM by Techtchr »

Offline Rademacher

•  25 25
  • Give it a try! How hard can it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »
Hi,

My name is Wayne, I live in Minnesota.  Although I am a electrical engineer by trade, my life long passion is for machines and figuring out how they work.

I built my first CNC gantry mill about 10years ago, it was controlled by CNCpro and/or SuperCam....neither one was very good.   When I stumbled across Art's software about 4-5yrs ago, I thought I died and had gone to heaven, it worked perfect and did everything I wanted and more.

My machines are mainly used to support my other habit, RC aircraft. I have literally built thousands of airplanes parts over the years, in-fact, I cut so many parts on the machine....I think I might have forgot how to use an Exacto knife.

Over time I have built 3 more machines: Precision "desktop" 4-axis mill, 4'x5' plasma cutter, 36"x24" foam cutter. My latest project is a lightweight, low-cost, "scalable" desktop cutter that focuses on the RC builders.  Perhaps I will share some photos as the design/build for the new machine progresses.

Regards,
Wayne
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2008, 05:21:35 AM »
Hello:
  Machinejacks the name machining the game. Journeyed tool maker for 35+ years. Old school dinosaur. Hands on machining all my life. Got the chance after rearing 4 kids and chasing that almighty dollar to play some. Built a small cnc from the ground up. I say small 15" X 10" X 8"  half the size of my Bridgport, but still lots of room. Hope to start  a cnc lath soon.