Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:20:11 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511523 times)

Offline Carlb

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1700 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »
'scuse it's a 3040T-DQ not Z as I said - too much trying to get it working right ;)
« Reply #1701 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »
Hello Guys
My name is Kris and I leave in Frankfort IL. I study mechanical design and drafting. Currently I finished building my CNC router made of 8020 profile.
« Reply #1702 on: March 25, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
Hello welcome on board...! I'm Mauro an Italian retired officer and now Chipmaker "full time"
« Reply #1703 on: March 26, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »
Hello, Name is Marko. I manufacture custom fireplace doors. www.firesidesolutions.com & www.fpdoorsdirect.com I have a 5'x10' CNC plasma using Mach 3 software. I have been in the steel working/ manufacturing business for over 20 years and located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
« Reply #1704 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
Hello All,
My name is Byran McWaters and I have had no previous experience with CNC but I have gone headlong into a 4 x 8 Precision Plasma table, CandCNC ESP II, Mach 3, and a PM 65 mech torch.  I've got my table built, wired, and power to the motors. I'm  now trying to sift through the endless set up instructions and get the motors to "simply"jog ; )  I'm stuck with the External EStop requested error.
« Reply #1705 on: March 31, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »
HI
I couldn't find where to post this so if anyone could redirect me
I'm just starting out with CNC, I currently have Hobbycnc board, I'm having trouble getting my X axis to run smoothly.
my y axis 205 stepper motor 3V 3A runs perfectly
my X axis is a 305 stepper motor 4.2V 3A
it runs in jog mode fine but when running a test g code it stalls and vibrates
I have tried changing the velocity and the acceleration, but I can either get it to run smoothly at low speeds or at high speeds but never both

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 31, 2013, 06:07:36 AM »
Hi MP,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps best to post your question as a new topic in the general section - it will receive more coverage there and I am sure someone will be able to help.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1707 on: March 31, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
Hey all,

Nice forum, lots to read and the finished projects sure do look awesome.

I have just purchased Mach 3 and have it all loaded up... Going through the set up now.

I have a 7' x 14 FastCut CNC Plasma Table with only the X and Y axis... Learning new stuff daily.

Im up in Michigan and seeing how it's starting to warm up the projects should start flowing.

Im off to post my first question.
« Reply #1708 on: April 01, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »
Hello all.  My name is Kevin, but I go by my nickname "Tank".  I recently got into cue repair and now want to tackle building cues...from more of a hobby standpoint.  I'm looking at getting a CNC from pool cue specific equipment guy and the setup runs on MACH 3 Turn.  Of course, I know little about CNC and all the other nuances going forward.  Luckily I do have some machining experience thanks to my dad.  So I'll bu torturing the search function and asking questions!   Glad to have found the forum and join!
« Reply #1709 on: April 01, 2013, 03:55:52 PM »
Hello, new guy here.  I recently just got started on a retrofit of a Wells index model 750 I have had for years.  I purchased it not running and have determined it has bad boards thus the retrofit.  I am going with a logitrol system with mach 3.  I am a patternmaker by trade but also own and operate a machine shop from my pole barn.  Any help is appreciated, looking for plans to make a nice control panel.  This machine has an atc I want to keep functional and I also bought a vfd I want to wire in.  I will probably make new pulleys and go with an automotive flat belt to reduce noise.