Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:01:11 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511615 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
Hi, All,

My name is Bob and I'm from Melbourne, FL.  We are near the Kennedy Space Center and get to enjoy launches from the back yard, from work, or where ever we might be.  I'm an electrical engineer, radio designer, and almost lifelong electronics hobbyist.  I've worked in wood, and now metal and wax - for jewelry making. 

Back in '03, I was reading the Sherline mailing list - I had a non-CNC lathe, and found a listing for not-working CNC training center built around a Sherline mill.  I bought it and got it running from scratch within a couple of months.  I used TurboCNC.  Earlier this year, I rebuilt the mill using the A2ZCNC extended X/Y axes and their precision leadscrews.  Replaced the original controller with a Xylotex 4-axis special.  So it's now got Sherline Z and A axes, and A2ZCNC X and Y.  270 in-oz steppers on all 3. 

Over the last few months, as my G-code files have gotten longer, I started running into troubles with TurboCNC and started looking for a replacement.  Bought Mach3 yesterday.  Looking forward to mastering this system.  High on my to-do list is to turn my old controller and steppers into the guts of a CNC router.  It's all for fun here - for now.

Bob
W4ATM

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »
Hi,
My name is David Schober, and I am in the process of purchasing a CNC Shoptask Bridgemill used. I hope to have it home in the next week or so. Meantime I am trying to learn as much as possible so when I get it I can dig right in.

I used to run, set up, and program  CNC machines back in the '80s, but a lot has changed since then.

Thanks,
David
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »
Hi,
My name is Frank and I'm from the SF Bay area.
I bought a homemade CNC router and it is in the mail now.  I don't know squat about any of this stuff.  I have a sign shop and want to use this for signs and engraving. 
My problem is which software do I use for the router.  I looked at the mach tutorials and I saw ones for a mill and a bore machine. 
Is there a tutorial for routers?
Sure can use a bunch of help.
Thanks, Frank

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »
Hey Frank,
    Just ask you questions in the boards. Lots of people here to help.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
Hallo!
My name is Anton and i am coming from Austria. I am registered in the German Forum since last year and now here. I want to learn more about Mach, Cnc milling maschines and Cnc lathes. In the German Forum, i have the same Nick.
I can not help some people in this Forum, but my English is very bad.
Greetings
Anton
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2007, 09:04:56 AM »
Hi All,
I'm Chris Lusby Taylor, from Newbury, Berkshire, England. I'm trying to start a business making sundials. Not your regular sundials but ones I've invented that do special tricks. Tricks such as having minute "hands", showing British Summer Time in the summer, GMT in the winter, ...
Anyway, this involves some machining and lots of engraving of scales. So I've got a CNC lathe (not using Mach), a small milling machine (not CNC), an old Alexander pantographic engraver (not CNC, yet...) and a large home-made 3 axis CNC engraving table. This does use Mach3.
I'm thinking us adding leadscrews to drive the pantographic arms of the Alexander, and using Formula Axis Correction to map XYZ to the leadscrew values needed, but I don't really need that machine at all, now, I think.
Some of my dials are cylindrical, and I'm planning to use Formula Axis Correction to engrave them, too, using 2-D engraving gcode.
Anyone else making sundials?
Chris
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2007, 05:26:36 PM »
Hallo!
My name is Jose and i am coming from Alicante (Spain)
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »
Hi All, I am Dilshan from Sri Lanka, I run a metal ceiling factory and is fascinated with automation. I am not new (46yrs old), and i am currently looking for help in using Mach3 in running a turret punch. Scott says that there was a guy who had done, so if you know please let me know. Thanks and great to see the discussions.
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2007, 05:06:49 AM »
Hi everybody.
I am "normann" and my location is in Norway. I am new to the cnc hobby, so I think I will come up with many questions. I have just finnished my own router gantry design, and now it is time to wire the electronics. I will make a post of all the problems that I am meeting. I am looking forward to spend some time in this forum among you expirienced cnc'ers.

Regards Normann
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »
Hello, My name is Manuel and I live in the Dominican Republic. I own an EZ router powered with mach 3, I am new to the cnc business. I am using my router for cnc sign carving and also to build aluminum parts. I have been working with my router for about a year and found mach 3 to be a very interesting and easy to use controller. Most of my code is generated using V-carve software, which I recomend for any one working on signs and any 2.5D parts program because it is a very intuitive and easy to use software. Also have bobcad 2007 and V-19, but it does not generate flawles code as V-carve Pro.

I am a very satisfied user of mach3.