Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:58:17 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511373 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1270 on: September 20, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »
Hi Guys,
Been hanging around for a while. Built a Joe's 4x4 Hybrid that I'm very pleased with. I've been retired for a couple of years and together with the wife run a small sheep stud not far from the national capital, Canberra in Aus. Now for the rub.........how do I go about troubleshooting the machine just stopping at any particular part of the code?  I can go through and do a full practice cut in MDF and then try the exact same code in decent timber and the machine will stop at a random spot. I can tell the machine to "run from here" press cycle start and it runs through the code until it gets to the same spot and stops again. The machine can cut for several hours at a time with no problems and then it may only be just 10 minutes into a job and then fail.  Any advise on what I should be looking for would be appreciated.
All the best
Kim
« Reply #1271 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
Sorry guys.........I'll re-post my question in the appropriate area.  A little bit more about myself.  I worked in the IT industry for 20 years or so years, mainly in a support role and network management. Loved the interaction with the guys and gals but not so much the political side of things.
All the best
Kim
« Reply #1272 on: September 21, 2011, 12:29:59 AM »
 hi ,my name asen ,I live in surabaya, indonesia.

I'm work at work shop with some mill and turn CNC  , now I start to build DIY 4 axis cnc mill with rotary table.using mach3 program.just for hobby.

please seniors teach and advise me how to build.

thank you
« Reply #1273 on: September 21, 2011, 01:09:02 AM »
  ;D
Hi asen59 welcome aboard you are starting on a large job but with your back ground you will succeed
any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum where I'm sure you will get the answers you need

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1274 on: September 21, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
hi dick

many thank's for yr support
« Reply #1275 on: September 22, 2011, 12:41:11 AM »
   ;D
Welcome aboard ailmik  thanks for introducing yourself always nice of members to drop in on this site and tell us about them self's and their retirement plans.

Dick   ;)   
« Reply #1276 on: September 22, 2011, 11:49:13 AM »
Hi my name is Dan. I live in Minnesota. I have a small tabletop cnc router (microcarve)

jack of all trades, master of nothing. 
« Reply #1277 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »
   ;D
Hi Dan of Minnesota welcome aboard, us boys have got to have our toys and yours is a router having been bitten by the
 C N C bug heaven knows where this will lead you,your life will not be the same now.

Dick   ;)
« Reply #1278 on: September 23, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »
Hey Guys, I'm a new member and I'm looking for assistance with replacing Artisian-CNC with MACH3mill. I have been in the Electrical field for about 25 years and also been running machinery since I was a kid. I love restoring old machines to good condition and modifying their electrical to the latest technology. I have a 1938 Bridgeport that runs a VFD and I think thats cool. I also have a 1931 Southbend 9" and an Elliott 14" shaper with the same setup. I have studied the art of luthery for 9 years and have made serval instruments , AKA Bass Doctor. Bass id a Viol not a fish,LOL. I want to make a large CNC Router for making violin tops and back with.

minceystrings@gmail.com

Have a great day, Mark.
« Reply #1279 on: September 23, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
   ;D
 Hi Mark welcome aboard, you certainly have some nice toys to play with, any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum, there are a lot of members with similar interests in the musical instrument manufacture
I'm sure that they will be a good source of information
 Thanks for dropping by and introducing yourself

Dick   ;)