Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:39:55 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511637 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2200 on: November 16, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to time how long an instruction takes in G code?  I want to optimise the settings for my motor (best acceleration and speed)

Thx
Prashant
« Reply #2201 on: November 16, 2015, 04:58:03 PM »
Hi, looking forward to learning as much as I can.  I'm a RC hobby guy and just finished building my CNC.  I'm using mach 3 which I'm just trying to learn.  I'm proficient in Autocad and plan on doing my drawings with it.  I believe I'll be generating g-code with Lazycam. Total newb with most of this stuff.

Mike
« Reply #2202 on: November 17, 2015, 07:11:07 AM »
Hi all, Dario here from Portugal.

Worked mostly onboard ships for the last 5 years as an engineering officer, where I did quite a bit of lathe and manual milling work. Finally decided to start my own business and want to provide cnc milling services to my customers. I had a brief experience with cnc when I graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Coventry University in the UK so I have experience with CAD/CAM. However I have hit a wall with my setup(Optimum BF46 and Optimum Controller IV)  :( It appears that my setup will not accept step/direction signal from Mach3 which is a real shame as I quite like the software and the interface it provides. Manufacturer(Optimum) have been of no use really and I have yet to find someone here who has same setup and manage to find a working solution.

Hope I can solve this soon as I want to see chips fly!!!!...and touch wood not many broken tools.

Cheers
Dario
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:15:35 AM by Darius_ajm »
« Reply #2203 on: November 17, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
Hi I am Hurkan, I love carving with cnc. I can say that I am new at this issue but I really loved it.
thanks.
« Reply #2204 on: November 18, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
Hello,

My name's Tony and am totally new to CNC. I am doing my homework and collecting parts to make a CNC Plasma table over the Christmas break.
I already have one problem that I have tried to find an answer to but so far no joy!

I have a geared 24v DC motor to control the Z axis but cant see a way in Mach3 to control the direction? This isn't a stepper or servo, just reverse the polarity for direction change. I have no problem in sorting out a system of relays to change direction but need a signal from Mach3, one for up and one for down.

Any clues as to my next move?

Thanks in advance for a great forum, I've been all over it looking for an answer!

Tony

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

Mach3 outputs Step and Direction signals for each axis. The Z axis Direction signal will change between TTL level High or Low dependent on the last command it was given (up or down). It always retains the TTL voltage level from the last command given. You would need to detect the step signals to determine movement but you should always be able to get the direction correct.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2206 on: November 18, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »
Tweakie,

Thank you for the speedy response.

I have a direction now and think I can solve the problem using a 2  TTL driven relays. One to change a relay based on the direction signal, and another to pick up step which should control the on/off I'm hoping!

Thanks again,

Tony

(Sorry if I should not have posted here?)
« Reply #2207 on: November 19, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
Hello I am New to the forum, Mach3 and to CNC Routing.
My Name is Sebashtion I live in Florida, I have 23 yrs in high-end Woodworking and cabinetmaking. I have a 1yr old son!!!!!
My spelling is atrocious and auto-correct doesn't help me!!!! Typed Grammar is not any better.....
I ordered a 26x42 Pilot Pro CNC Router that should be here in a couple weeks, I ordered Aspire 8 and am going thru the tutorials, and have Mach3 which I guess I have to wait for the CNC to learn it. I built a custom PC with XP Pro on it for Mach3. and I think that's about it.......
« Reply #2208 on: November 20, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
I'm so new I don't know what to do except to say that I'm extremely frustrated. I have had my CNC for a few months now and have yet to get the software working for me. Mach 3 seems to be OK but I can't seem to get Lazy Cam pro working for me - I'm having trouble with Pro license. I've downloaded but when I try to extract it, it wan't a paddword for the Lecense and I've tried everything I can think of. I did manage to get a "dat" file on a newer computer than the old XP unit I have the CNC hooked up to and pasted the "dat" file in the MACH 3 folder but - nothing.

I want to cut Pockets (simple text) you'd think that was easy. HELP ME PLEASE>

I've never been on a Forum like this so that's a frustration for me too. Not being able to TALK to someone who can walk me through my problems. Also being unfamiliar with this I may never find any responses so I'm anticipating more frustrations.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 21, 2015, 02:26:37 AM »
Hi Vipaddles,

Welcome to the forum.

You should have unzipped the attachment that came with your license email then copied the .dat file to your Mach3 folder then restarted your PC (just to make certain that files etc. have been updated).
It sounds like that is exactly what you have done so I have no idea just why the license is not working correctly for you.

This section of the forum is mainly for introductions and does not get read by many of the members so it is always best to post any questions, as a new topic, in the relevant section.

The LazyCam section is here  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,14.0.html  and I am sure that if you post your question there Rich will know the answer to the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE