Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:38:27 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511351 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2680 on: January 10, 2019, 07:56:31 AM »
Good-day to you All,
I'm Thomass and nearly new to CNC   Living and working in the Netherlands.
I love to understand this mater but do not understand the language as used. So sometimes i will ask a question, stupide in the thoughts of most of you, but to me a question.
My workshop consist out of a X-carve router A Lathe of a Chinese brand ready to retrofit (when i have the time and answers)
as motion controllers, i do have a Masso 4axis, (but less fond of) a couple of TC-50M  and a few centronic boards what i do not use because i do not have centronic ports on my windows 7 system.
I am willing and wanting to use Mach 3 or Mach 4 software, i did not make a choice jet.
from both versions i do have a demo version to play with.
« Reply #2681 on: January 24, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »
Hey y'all. New to the forum and finally posting. I built from scratch a cnc router using Open Builds rail and steppers. Using Mach3 with the mill profile as of now. Also wanting to use the machine as a plasma cutter, but still trying to learn that side of it. I will be posting several questions I'm sure, so please be patient:)
Don
« Reply #2682 on: January 25, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »
hello.   

Newbie.  Learning fast .    Bought a chinese 6040 and have had problems .  New drivers fitted after 2 weeks.   

still A long way to go.   but its working great now.   

Living in Kildare ,  Ireland.      Working as a bus driver.   Served my time as a miller many years ago, but left it all behind.   

Offline MOE

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »
Hi my name is Maurice from New Brunswick Canada. been following this site for a while I m a semi retired machinist for about 40 years setting myself a small hobby shop with a cnc router, a converted Orac lathe and presently working on converting a triac mill. I m running the router and lathe with gecko drive and Mach3 . I ve decided to do the convertion with a G540 and G200 Galt inverter for theTriac mill. I got the axis working properly but I can t get Mach to start the spindle. any suggestion would be appregiated.
« Reply #2684 on: February 15, 2019, 05:27:43 AM »
My name is Jonathan, from South Africa.

I am completely novice in the CNC hobby. In actual fact I switch on my first CNC motion controller last night. Trying to jog (move) my hybrid motor and must be honest I am finding it so hard to setup my pokeys57cnc board so that I just can move the motor?

Any help on this?

Kind Regards
Jonathan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: February 15, 2019, 05:52:44 AM »
My name is Jonathan, from South Africa.

I am completely novice in the CNC hobby. In actual fact I switch on my first CNC motion controller last night. Trying to jog (move) my hybrid motor and must be honest I am finding it so hard to setup my pokeys57cnc board so that I just can move the motor?

Any help on this?

Kind Regards
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome.

I may be wrong but it is my understanding that NFS have a dedicated support team at their help desk. Try using the free email support ticket system and see if they can help you set up your 57CNC.  https://www.machsupport.com/support/

PEACE
« Reply #2686 on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:50 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

Did make use of it. ooooh okey I believe it might still be early early morning by them. Just the frustration of weeks waiting and finally getting everything up and running last night I need to test those motors before the return date expires so I will wait patiently.

Thanks once again

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:37:30 AM by TPS »
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2688 on: February 15, 2019, 07:28:27 AM »
Hi TPS.

Yes I do have it.
So how do I select which pin to use to activate motor0 in Mach4? What should I exactly do in the pin mapping section? like is pin 1 - 9 dedicated to motor 1-8? And what must I do to enable the motor in Mach4.?

thanks.

Best regards
Jonathan
« Reply #2689 on: March 03, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »
my name is john mansur and i am attempting to build a plasma cnc machine running mach3,