Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:38:43 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511317 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #720 on: January 13, 2010, 02:32:23 AM »
Hi,
I'm a newbie here, name is Jeff,I'm here at Singapore currently working as senior technician.
our products here is mainly made out of foam. dinosaurs,statues,animal and action figures,props for events,anything under the sun that can be scanned and milled out of foam.
As of now i having trouble with my scanning machine which is using a mach2 CnC control program that's how i find this
website(forum).hoping i could get some help and i can share some ideas too in the future....

by the way I'm just new with machinery's and scanners cause in practice i am an electronics en gr.

thanks a lot in advance for the help that ill gonna get here......
« Reply #721 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
Long time lurker, now have a few questions.  I've been around Mach and the site for some time now.  Decided it's time to start posting.  I've got a mach retrofit in process at home (Supermax YCM40) and will be working with a new Mach powered machine at work in the near future.  At home I'm hoping to be making all kinds of parts for my various "work in progress" projects.  As money/time allows.  At work I'm a New Product engineer at a firearms manufacturer.

I'm now working  on a screen for the machine at work, need to 'dummy' proof the operation and have a couple of questions.

Thanks for all the help in the past and the future.

TOM
« Reply #722 on: January 22, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
just give me a minute as I'm new to this forum business.  I'm going to push the "post" chicklet at the bottom of this framd and see what happens

OW
« Reply #723 on: January 22, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »
OK, here goes.

Real name is Ed.  Live in Seattle.

I have a small prototyping shop, dba "OSCARWARE". 

I have a BP Eztrak SX and am working on an upgrade to 3 axis using Mach3.  I have dreams of building a CNC lathe and a CNC panel router. 

I'm a Zemax lens designer. 

Anybody out there who finds this message, give me a toot. 

Ed M

Offline at6c

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »
I am working on converting an Anilam lathe to Mach3.  The lathe has a six position Baruffaldi tool changer.  This changer is driven by a 3phase motor controled with a lock, brake, encoder, and position sensor.  I was planning to use a plc interfaced to Mach.  Has anyone done this?  Any advice?
Thanks
George
« Reply #725 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »
Hi Everybody I'm new.  My name is Alan.  I have been retired for three years and have been spending many happy hours in the shop.  I have just taken delivery (3 weeks past) of a Novakon NM-135.  I have never used Mach 3, or Windows, or CNC before so the learning curve is pretty steep.  (Won't even mention BobCAD)

Today I spent the afternoon trying to puzzle out how soft limit's are supposed to work.  I think I have em set up properly.  The Mach manuals are pretty good for explaining how Mach works.  Not so good for explaining how CNC is done.  Can anyone point me to some good reference material.

Alan
« Reply #726 on: January 25, 2010, 01:08:01 AM »
i am a noob,, Years ago I was a master machinist. And now learning my life long dream of doing cnc routing.

I live in SW Mich and built my own router using hand tools. The learning curve is steep but this is fun.
The video scanning looks intriguing..
« Reply #727 on: January 27, 2010, 12:15:39 AM »
Hi

I am new here and I have a feeling I will be visiting often looking for help.  Any other hot wire users out there?

Blake
« Reply #728 on: January 27, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
Hello all from Western NC.
I have been doing precision sheet metal work for 25ys. Used to do a lot of work for IBM and Motorola. I started on CNC in 1987 on an Amada turret punch with 3000c controller. No CAD. No PC. Just a dedicated Amada computer with no hard drive. Hand written G code programming.

I have been self employed for 7 yrs. I purchased a CNC Plasma table a few months back. I will be posting a question shortly.  -ted

« Reply #729 on: January 27, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »
Hello to all from another newbie!

I'm John, new to CNC with hobby experience in machining and metal casting.

My interest in CNC is to eventually convert a Rong-FU 30 type mill drill to cnc .
  I also want to build a CNC router for making patterns for my foundry work.
The router will be the first project.  As a retired person, my budget
 for hobby activities is somewhat constrained but, what the heck!

I'm just now setting up Mach3 on my computer and running gcode in simulation.

So far, So good. Should be a "fun Adventure."

Thank You for allowing me to become a member,

John