Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:12:35 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511417 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2700 on: May 16, 2019, 11:07:59 PM »
I am an experienced woodworker looking to take my skills to the next level by entering the cnc field. Am building a router from scratch. Assembling the mechanical and electronic components was relatively easy but learning the software is a major challenge. I definitely will be looking here for help.
« Reply #2701 on: May 28, 2019, 03:17:11 PM »
Hi all.
My name is Paul steyn from South Africa. I have build my first (small)CNC machine about 6 years ago running mach3 and it's been working fine. I have now build a bigger machine and sorting out the control's and a few machanical things. And this is where I have incounturd my first problem. But I will post it in discussion.
Thank you.
« Reply #2702 on: June 18, 2019, 07:34:47 PM »
Hi, I am Me, and I am a Newb with a Sherline and want to get a laser too.  CNC has come uite a way since my days in the mid 80's programming Strippet turret punch presses with paper tape as the programming medium. :)
« Reply #2703 on: July 06, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
Hi folks.   I am new to CNC, well almost.   Back in the early '80s I worked on a project to network a load of Mitsui-Seiki machining centres which had Fanuc controls.   Plan was to plug the Fanuc controllers into an ethernet network and then wide area network back to the design teams,  eliminating any need for tapes etc.   We called it DNC then.  (Direct Numerical Control).  This really was a first for the use of Ethernet on a production shop floor.

Fastforward to May 2019 and I've bought a Sieg KX1 with a rotary table to hang off the 4th axis.  I bought a couple of re-furbished Dell desktops which have clean installs of XPSP3.   I've disable networking on both and installed Mach3 and Cut2d one for the workshop to drive the KX1 and one in office to do the designs and simulations on.   A USB stick moves data between the two.

This all works perfectly and my regret is that I didn't buy one of these machines before!

I use the machine for making radio components - typically UHF bandpass filters  (1GHz to 3.4GHz) which you can make on a manual machine but it's tedious and errors creep in.   I've also cut some circuit board tracks and a copper heat sink.

Very pleased with Mach3 and Cut2D all very easy to use and highly reliable.

« Reply #2704 on: July 17, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »
Hi all does anyone know where I can download lazy cam manual look forward to hear from you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 18, 2019, 01:32:56 AM »
Hi all does anyone know where I can download lazy cam manual look forward to hear from you

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=12078.msg77415#msg77415

PEACE
« Reply #2706 on: August 08, 2019, 03:12:07 AM »
Hi, my name is Asif. I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have been into CNC for a couple of years now, and love the fact that a personal computer can drive a CNC machine. Henceforth my attachment with Mach3. I hope I can be useful here and this place will be useful for me as well. wish me luck!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19:22 AM »
Hi Asif,

Welcome.
PEACE
« Reply #2708 on: August 19, 2019, 10:12:44 AM »
Hi All.
I have problem with machine movement..when i push button XYZ on keyboard,machine head not follow  movement as well..
Any one help me..tq

« Reply #2709 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »
Hi i,m fendy from malaysia.