Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:12:06 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511330 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1230 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »
Hi,

i purchased a small cnc with mach 3 several months ago and got it all working OK.
Now after a long break I have connected to a new computer, but cannot get the Mach 3 to respond, either with the CNC connected or without. I cannot even perform a simple jog.
Obviously Ive overlooked some very simple setting or switch, but I am tearing out my hair just to get started
HELP PLEASE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #1231 on: August 02, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum

you might want to post this in the general discussion - more people will see it there.

Ian
« Reply #1232 on: August 02, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
Hi,
My names is james utama. I'm indonesian. i'm newbe with mach. now i'm learn and build a cnc router, but it still have problems.
may this forum can help me.

james  ;D
« Reply #1233 on: August 03, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
Hi, I am Bill Barrows.
I am an mining engineer in Eastern Kentucky. I worked as a mechanical engineer in Dayton, Ohio for 20 years. I moved back to Kentucky about 5 years ago.

While in Dayton, I built my woodworking cnc machine using a Haas VF3. It is made from aluminum and has a travel of 24x12x7. I use a Hobbycnc driver board and was running Turbocnc on a w2k computer.

After my move I stored my cnc for about 5 years and just set it back up last month. The old computer would not run so I just purchased Mach3 for a XP computer. Got it running again. (one problem so far I'll post in a separate thread). Photos of my machine and projects are on my website: wjbzone.com

« Reply #1234 on: August 03, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
hi,
I am jasminder singh age 23 from Amritsar INDIA. I got into cnc and mach3 2 years before when i saw some guys on youtube running lathes using an ordinary computer. I started reading cnczone and mach3 forums and built a lathe with an atc (even i am surprised how couild i do it). i had some experience with manual lathe before so it was a little easier. Everyone here is very friendly.
I wish if a day was mach's day in a year, when all the cnc jerks could enjoy some beer together somewhere (some could have scotch also)

jasminder singh

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:08 AM »
I wish if a day was mach's day in a year, when all the cnc jerks could enjoy some beer together somewhere (some could have scotch also)

jasminder singh

The Beer would suit me just fine  ;D ;D

Welcome to the forum guys  ( I think Tricky Dicky must be on holiday at the moment ).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1236 on: August 06, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
hi....
my name is joe pesik...
I'm working in acrylic cutting and engrave, i have JC 2525 machine for cutting and engrave, but i have problem with sofware, i hope some buddy can help me give me solution.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 07, 2011, 02:09:25 AM »
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum. Post your question in the General section I am sure there will be many that can help.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1238 on: August 08, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Looking for Help,
    My company has recently purchased a New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraving machine…..and I have been tasked with the job of figuring out how to run it….unfortunately I am not the most “tech” savvy person.;…and I’ve hit a “brick” wall so to speak……if there is anyone out there who would be willing to give me some help I’d REALLY appreciate it….I don’t usually become this stumped but I don’t know where else to turn…..

Aggravated with engraving in Seattle
206-767-4144
« Reply #1239 on: August 19, 2011, 05:13:16 AM »
Hi
I'm John from Nottingham and I have recently purchased a 3 axis milling machine which came with Mach 3 software. I am very familiar with Pro-desktop and Pro-engineer, however I am struggling to get get these converted into the the G code required for the the Mach 3 software. is there a trick I am missing here or do I need an intermediate piece of software to help the conversion process. Any advice would be gratefully received.  :)