Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:13:25 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511559 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2070 on: April 15, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
Its alive I just cut my first block of wood the motors sound and move great. It’s got me so excited to have it running.
I sure all of you can remember this. I have to calm down and learn how all this works before I really screw something up. My machine is 24” X 36”, using three 425 oz in. motors, a Gecko G540 control and Mach3 software. All else was created using a drill press, port a band, and a sick welder. Wow this is great!!!
« Reply #2071 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:54 PM »
Hello,
My name is Steve and I live in western NC, I have been running cnc machines for 13 years as a hobby. I own a small footprint 30 watt laser, a 4'x8' ShopBot Router, and a hand built 4'x4' cnc plasma table that I use Mach 3 to operate it with.

I use CorelDraw, ArtCam Pro, SheetCam and other software to make the drawings and gcode/sbp/hpgl files need to operate the machines.

I enjoy working in my shop and creating things for myself and others. I look forward to learning and hopefully participating in this forum.

Steve

;D
« Reply #2072 on: April 15, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »
Hi y'all. I am a semi retired machinist and thought I'd try learning about CNC routing. I bought a 30/40 cnc router and have programmed my Optiplex XP  GX 280 with Mach3 software.The program and driver installed perfectly, but I'm having a problem with the parallel port. The router isn't responding so I,m thinking I have some issues with the parallel port card. Any suggestions about which card will work??    Thanks.    Jerry
« Reply #2073 on: April 16, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »
Hi, I'm Richard and am new to the Forum.
I'm in Hood River Oregon. I mill a lot of solid fiberglass parts and some odd projects for fixtures etc...in the shop.
In general I haven't had any issues with Mach3 that I couldn't get through.
I've been using Mach3 for a few years and so far it's been great...til now. Sorry to jump right in after a short intro.
I am trying to isolate the source of the problem and suspect that something in Mach3 has changed.
I just got a new CNC router from Jinan, China...a brand I've used before but set up Mach3 on an older comp that seemed to have some issues. I swapped the hard drive for a new one that's never been on the net.
I mill the same 1-12 items repeatedly so I know my design files are sound and my CAM software is writing toolpaths correctly.
It seems that Mach 3 is taking shortcuts at the zig zag turn around...zooming in on the toolpath window shows it following the path correctly at very slow feeds but it takes random , small shortcuts if I increase to normal feedrates, rates I've run at hundreds of times without issue. So what should be  very smooth edge (.4mm stepover so looks quite nice after planar finish) is now jagged and although it never goes beyond the part boundary it comes up short in seemingly random fashion.
Anybody have any ideas? I am totally stumped....
I'd love to hear what experiences , if any, some of you have had that might help me sort this out.
Thanks,

Richard
New guy from St. Louis and a machine with a mind of its own!
« Reply #2074 on: April 17, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
My name is Marv and live in the St. Louis area.  I too am new to this forum.  I run Mach3 on a Core 2 CPU with 3.25 GB ram. I am using only the X and Z axis and have a strange problem that I will attempt to explain.
At the end of the run, sometimes I shut down the program and control box, sometimes I leave the program and computer up and the control box off.  Either way, when I return to Mach3, my coordinates are all messed up (can't find home or home has changed), or my profile has been corrupted, or both.
Has anyone seen anything similar to this?  I would welcome any suggestions !

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 19, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum.

As this is really just an introduction thread you need to post your questions as a new topic in the general section for it to receive maximum exposure to the hive mind.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2076 on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:33 AM »
Hello, my names alex wight and I'm from Lochgelly fife scotland.

I have just went self employed in January of this year, after 2 years of doing a job as a gas engineer and setting up my business, i took the leap of faith.

Ive started supplying the racing pigeon world with nest boxes, feeders, baskets perches ect, which has kept me very busy.

I have a purpose built cnc routing machine being built for (lack of time to build myself), which is due for delivery any day now.

I intend covering a wide range of areas with bespoke unique woodcrafts.

I,ll be looking for great ideas that are very different to what you normally see.

I have a customer who wants to use me for that very purpose, and I'm also keen on being involved in doing contract work.

I look forward to going through the site for advice and guidance along the way.

Although i have used a sabre 404 machine, this one I'm getting is MINE lol

regards alex

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: May 01, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you will be having exciting times with your new venture - don't forget to post some pictures of the things you make (we all love pictures).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2078 on: May 01, 2015, 05:19:46 AM »
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you will be having exciting times with your new venture - don't forget to post some pictures of the things you make (we all love pictures).

Tweakie.

Hi Tweakie, yes exciting times ahead. I will be a regular on the forum as its good to talk and share. Really excited at what lies ahead, and i will share my progress.

I used to love working the sabre 404, but that was for someone else, which restricted me. Now im in charge of my machine, and as they say the world is my oyster lol.

regards
alex
« Reply #2079 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »
Hello, my names alex wight and I'm from Lochgelly fife scotland.

I have just went self employed in January of this year, after 2 years of doing a job as a gas engineer and setting up my business, i took the leap of faith.

Ive started supplying the racing pigeon world with nest boxes, feeders, baskets perches ect, which has kept me very busy.

I have a purpose built cnc routing machine being built for (lack of time to build myself), which is due for delivery any day now.

I intend covering a wide range of areas with bespoke unique woodcrafts.

I,ll be looking for great ideas that are very different to what you normally see.

I have a customer who wants to use me for that very purpose, and I'm also keen on being involved in doing contract work.

I look forward to going through the site for advice and guidance along the way.

Although i have used a sabre 404 machine, this one I'm getting is MINE lol

regards alex
Good to see another Fifer on board. Welcome Alex.
I would seriously consider Vectric's software Aspire and of course Mach3/4

George
One step at a time!