Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:09:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511517 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1080 on: March 15, 2011, 06:42:32 AM »
    ;D  Well Tweakie.

We can't have you feeling neglected so welcome aboard

Dick ::)
« Reply #1081 on: March 16, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »
Hi!

I got my degree in industrial technology back in the 70's and got promptly hired to work in the the oil patch so my training has laid dormant for many years.   I have recently regained my interest in woodworking and metal working and have acquired a hobby grade lathe and mill.  May not be the greatest but they were affordable and functional. 

I have grown up with the computer industry since the early 80's.  Yep, I build my first computer IBM clone from the component parts and have been fairly computer literate since then.   

Well it is time to marry the two interest and felt that a CNC mill would be a nice place to start.  That has lead me here in my research and learning.

Looks like a site that has so much information that a body could easily get lost looking information.  I will do my best to use the search feature but please bear with me if I ask some the stuff that has been ask and answered over and over again!

Thanks

« Reply #1082 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
  ;)  Hi Sonic 1954
I'm sure your background will stand you in good stead, this is not a hobby but a passion

Welcome aboard
   Dick  ;D
« Reply #1083 on: March 18, 2011, 05:47:59 PM »
This is my first post. We are extremely happy New Owner of a Bridgeport Series II CNC conversion with New Allen-Bradley Hardware controled by Mach III. I dout I got that right. But thats why I'm here. OK now for the good stuff I'm using this machine for gunsmithing and other fun, fancy projects. And I do have alot to learn. I'm wondering how to program, come up with G-code for checkering, fish scales, stippling and jeweling. I found a tutorial on engraving on a countour. Actually I haven't tried it yet. Anybody know how I can do these patterns? Or point me in the right direction? I'm seeing some nice engravinngs and patterns on the new grips. So anyway I'm getting old, And all this CNC is new to to me, other than the fact I worked for Hercules Aero Space for 12 years, before I went out on a disability after a car accident where I was stuck from behind while stopped at a red light. Oh yeah, and I had just gotten out of the hospital a few weeks earlier after some neck surgery. If it weren't fer bad luck I wouldn't have any. And that was a long time ago. I been selling some guns and savin my pennies to get a couple machines to play with. My son is interested and has been attending the local Tech College. He's been working in a machine shop and picking up a few odds and end jobs with these machines. He likes to ride bikes, build them and modify them along with his Ford Hiboy, his VW and RC projects. So this last year we've picked up a 13x40 Central Machinery Lathe and this CNC Bridgeport. We're trying to get the garage/shop lined around and figuring out how this thing works and get the tooling we need. I need to get the machine calibrated, the program and the machine in unison, or how would you put it? I need a tachometer to get the RPM set and to figure out how to get the distance in the program in sinc with the machine. Where do I start? So we've found the wires and connections that fell off or came loose during the trip from Riverton, Wyo. To Clearfield, UT./Hill AFB. I live next to Hill AFB. It was an adventure. We got the machine running now, picked up a vise and a few other items. I also picked up some G10, G11, polycarbonite and nylon to get started with. So back to work. Oh yeah, My name is Troy, My son is Thor. I thought it funny when I read a post from "ynneb" benny spelled backwards. It reminded me I'd be Yort Nerg. Hows that? I can do pig latin. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 18, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
tgren
 If you have any specific questions, especially about the AB drives/motors and their setup please start a new post in the General section, it is preferred if this thread is kept for introductions only so that it does not get too far off track.
 If they are DSD drives I will likely be able to help you out as thats what I use.
Hood
« Reply #1085 on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »
  ;D  Welcome aboard Tgren
I'm sure that there are many that will help as Hood has pointed you in the right direction

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1086 on: March 20, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
Hello All.
  My name is Neil and I live on Vancouver Island BC, Canada. I have just finished converting my mill to CNC and plan to use Mach to run it. This look s like a wonderful site and I plan on spending a lot of time here reading.  Cheers.
Neil
« Reply #1087 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »
 :D
Welcome aboard Neil, I'm sure that you will pick up a lot of knowledge and confidence, knowing that you have support
from the group.  ???

Dick
« Reply #1088 on: March 22, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
Hello, my name is Andy.  I currently own a gourmet coffee roasting company in Colorado.  Other interests include strong background in internet marketing, search engine optimization, and anything web based.  Look forward to connecting with other forum members and if you are coffee fanatics please visit my website http://www.thejavarush.com.
Thanks
Andy
Andy Berard
wholesale coffee
« Reply #1089 on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »
   ;D
 Welcome aboard Andy ever body that joins brings some knowledge.

Dick  ???