Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:18:34 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511334 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1790 on: August 28, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1791 on: September 05, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »
Hello All,
My Name is Cuong Le and I am a totally new in CNC world.   Hope to learn from all of you.  Living Aloha Oregon, would love to meet some local friends, mentors.
Cuong
« Reply #1792 on: September 07, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
Hello!

I am moving over from LinuxCNC. It's not that its bad software but more or less it only supports G93 Inverse Timing and the lower end CAM software doesn't support G93 yet. Some CAM packages say they never will support it and yet others have never heard of RS-274NGC or even NIST for that matter. So, loving my 4 axis machine I am dual booting with "Winders" and trying to get set up and start cutting some cool stuff!

jb
« Reply #1793 on: September 08, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »
Hi all,
 I am new here today. I have been using Mach3 for a few months now for my home made benchtop CNC machine. I am making small aluminium parts.
« Reply #1794 on: September 18, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »
hi.. all.. aim sany from malaysia..  new in cnc world.. making my cnc by aluminium profile...   I have been using Mach3 for a few week. i have some problem on it...
« Reply #1795 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
Although of generous years, I haven't retired and work about full time with a company that converts customer's vans into campervans. It struck me that the repetitive cabinet making was an ideal subject for a CNC cutter. Never seen one im my life but a quick look round the internet and in particular Youtube, it seemed like something I might want to build. So, here I am, Brian Withers from England, built the electronics box with the steppers and motor drivers and a PC running XP and the use of a demo version of Mach3.
Waiting for some cheap parts from China which may not be to everyone's taste but generally half the price of UK parts for the same job but have already assembled a few mechanical parts.
I ran into a few problems getting the motors to drive and used this board and thanks to Tweakie have crossed that bridge.
I expect that there will be quite a steep learning curve with Mach3 so I'm sure I will be back.
Anyway, Hello everybody.
« Reply #1796 on: September 20, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »
Hey Fellas, is anyone in the Fort Worth area using this Mach3 on a regular basis?  I'm not a woodworker... I have patented some ideas and am trying to get them up and going.  I am brand new... as in hour and a half to watch 60 minutes brand new... as in 3rd grade was the best 4 years of my life brand new :) I have a shop, just bought an Industrial CNC, Artisan 408 Series, with high frequency water cooled spindle, 4x8 XYZ Axis) and am trying to get some programing done and would like some help.  Does anyone know where I can find such a person?  Thanks
« Reply #1797 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
hi.

i recently got a job working for a sign writer who has a router that uses mach 3 and he is expecting me to teach myself how to use it at a basic level. so i can see myself having many questions for more experienced people. i've got simple cutting sorted but i think maintenance and up keep of the machine will be my biggest challenge. hopefully you will all be understand the questions i have.

kris
« Reply #1798 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:36 PM »
Hi all

I'm a new member, I'm currently in the process of designing a cnc plasma cutter to cut pipe profiles, I found this website and the information on it is extensive.
I haven't looked too deeply yet, but I did find a thread about a wrapper function that was programmed to do rotary axes, would this be the best way to go about controlling my table?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ben

Queensland
Australia
« Reply #1799 on: October 02, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »
Hi !  I'm a retired machinist that has been here lots of time but only registered today.
I am well versed in machining but not so much on computers. The problem that
brought me here today is that I have a very legal copy of Mach3 that I have had for
awhile that I downloaded from the internet while I planned to make a cnc router.
This has been dragging on for quite a while as I was beset with problems. Today I tried
to move the Mach3 program to my computer in the shop and I can't get it to do
anything .I'm guessing I will have to load it on the shop pc by using a CD disk. But
naturally I don't want to buy another license just to get a disk. What do I do now?
thanks,
Gary