Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:59:23 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511588 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2540 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »
Welcome aboard the never ending journey of CNC.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2541 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
Hi All

I have built my first CNC Router  (Cutting bed 24" X 48")  everything is smooth no binding with the ball screws not attached with just a little push each axis moves the full length without any issues. I first bought a very small chinese router and was hooked from day 1 so i also purchased mach 3 and have not looked back since

Jerry
« Reply #2542 on: January 26, 2018, 01:38:00 AM »
Hi, name is Ken. Live in the Austin Texas area. Normally work with data, but know nothing about electronics. Right now I'm still ordering parts to build my very first CNC.  Making it 2'x4'. I've got most of the hardware, motors, and drivers, but have some more questions. Hope y'all will be patient with me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 01:42:01 AM by KConn23 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 26, 2018, 01:44:45 AM »
Hi, name is Ken. Live in the Austin Texas area. Normally work with data, but know nothing about electronics. Right now I'm still ordering parts to build my very first CNC.  Making it 2'x4'. I've got most of the hardware, motors, and drivers, but have some more questions. Hope y'all will be patient with me.

Hi KConn23,

Welcome.

Just post any questions you may have as a New Topic in the General Mach Discussion section and we will try to help.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2544 on: January 26, 2018, 08:52:50 AM »
Hi there allow me to introduce myself.

Will Davis, retired test engineer living in Malahide, Dublin, Ireland. Have been cutting metal as a model engineer since the late 70s on a trusty Myford ML7.

Bought a Sieg SX2 Plus mill and have converted it to CNC. My problem is the controller I have been using (DDCSV1.1, linux based box) is not really capable of running a mill as it lacks a lot of G and M codes. Having spent a lot of money so far I really need something I can trust to interface my Fusion 360 designs to an end-mill.

Some of the g-code output by F360 is not appreciated by my controller!

I certainly don't want to hand edit F360 g-code

So for only $400 or so I intend to get Mach4Hobby and a PMDX-416 USB controller

Exoect a lot of questions!!

Will Davis
« Reply #2545 on: January 26, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
Hi Will and welcome.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2546 on: February 06, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »
Hi everyone
first i want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge and helping newbies like me :)
my name is John and im from Orlando Florida
i put together a 5 axis cnc machine ,which i originally purchased it from china ,but later i had to replace the break outboard and every single stepper motor and also the power supplies...
i have a very big problem with mach3 ,i dont know if fusion 360 which i get my gcodes , when mach3 working on a gcode ,sometimes it misses and completely mess up the coordinates... it happens when the z axis is stepping down another level... for example if the machine is stepping down 0.1mm each time ,when the entire gcodes of -0.1 ,is completely done ,and (during that many times the z axis goes up and down...) everything is fine ,then suddenly for example ,if the z level is -0.5 and now its going to do the next pass of gcodes with -0.6 ,the coordinate system completely changes ,its like you move the X axis like 10 or 20 mm .... and it starts rest of the program from there... and that of course means complete messing up the work and sometimes the tool breaks...  even in the visual toolpath of mach3 ,you can see the new path is being generated in a complete different location.... so this is something even the computer recognize... but i dont know what causes it ... i cant say its because of a gcode or not ,because some of the gcodes which have been running fine , i seen it happens to them...
i am very sorry that i introduce myself like this ,please let me know if i should write this in another topic ,and what should i write the subject to get the best help and of course the next person who may have the same problem ,could find it easier...
sorry again ,and thank you all for help and support ,if you guys want me to give more info ,i will ,i am a newbie... so forgive me if i am short and not explaining well
« Reply #2547 on: February 11, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
New To the Forum -

Hi all, I'm Brad. A machinist from PA. I own my company that makes parts for the medical industry. Recently, I bought a used 2007 Syil (X3) mill, so my CNC journey begins now. I have zero knowledge of CNC or Mach3 so I'm trying to learn.

Glad to be join this group and hope to learn as much as possible.
« Reply #2548 on: February 13, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »
hello
i need help with this kit cnc
CNC Kit 3Axis Nema23 Stepper Motor M335 Stepper Driver For Mill/Router/Engraving
because i make the wiring same to manual only i not conect ena, because not works with this conection and the  nema23 not work good please see the video

https://youtu.be/bOvdsNrj8V4
« Reply #2549 on: February 27, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
Hi. taking a CNC class bought a cnc router wanted more features than what grbl control had so i got mach3 and now trying to figure how to make it work.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:11:12 PM by idrathergofishing »