Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:11:16 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511598 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »
Hi Everyone. I have a small 3-axis router purchased off of Ebay and use it to do prototyping projects for a pond equipment company. I did not expect to have to use this forum since my machine worked fine for months on Mach3. then I moved and now none of the motors move so I have been reading some of the similar problems and getting some ideas. I'll write more in the main forum. Thanks for the opportunity to pick eveyone's brains for answers and, if I have some help I can offer, I look forward to helping.

« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2009, 08:21:39 AM »
I'm new, from Chattanooga, TN USA. I have a 4' X 8' CNC router table that I purchased used and a larger table that I intend to use for plasma, it's under construction. Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to start a new thread, I have some questions I want to ask. If someone would help me it would be much appreciated.
Lindsay
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »
Hi Lindsay,

To start a new post just go to the discussion that you want to post in and hit 'New Topic'

Hope this helps.

Hollye (another noobie)
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
Hi. Ted Here. I just bought a 4x4 Techno isel router, used, and am in the proccess of getting it going. The com port 2 on the 486 computer is blown  ::), so my brother got a different computer ready for it. This machine was running on dos based bobcad / mastercam software and has a mac100 controlbox.( 1991 stuff) We hope to get it moving / cutting this weekend. I have purchased bobcad/cam v23 and some addons for the program, will soon upgrade to windows based, the modern stuff. I intend to get the mack3 program to run the controll box. Complete newbie at this cnc machining thing so the learning curve wiil be steep on all fronts. Well enough for now. Question will come I'm sure. I hang at cnczone on theTechno forum and in the Canadian clubhouse. (Tsooko).

If you are going to be a Bear... be a Grizzly! ;D
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »
 Hi Mach users, been making chips now for 12 years now. I purchased a CNC5 lathe and used it for 1.5 years before it died on me. One night after work I switched on the machine and started running a program, something caught my eye and as I looked over to the lathe I saw the most perfect column of smoke, amazed I went over to the machine and realized that cool lookin column of smoke wasn't a good thing!!!
  Didn't have any ideas about retrofitting so I purchased a like new PC5 lathe and have been using it for 4 years now. I am planning on a conversion of the CNC5 soon and finally have it figured out. Since that time I have met many local E.E.'s that dabble in retrofits so I lucked out Royally. Will keep you posted on progress, also have a line on a Denford Orac lathe that needs retrofitting.
« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »
Hi Folks

I have been hobby machining now for 8 years and most of it I have learned on my own and from forums.  I am 55 years old and into firearms. I have just recently designed and brought to market a new conversion kit for the Ruger 1022 rifle that turns it into a Thompson SMG.  Lately my interest has been towards CNC.  One of my mills is a Taig and I have wanted to convert it to CNC to make small parts that would be a pain on my big mill.  So here I am wanting to pick peoples brains and to learn.  Hopefully there will become a time when I can contribute to the forum rather than to just take.

Thanks in advance for all the help you people have to offer.

John W.
« Reply #576 on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:02 AM »
Lo all

I have a CNC-Step s-720 that the controller failed on. I didnt like the supplied software so I built a new controller using motion control MSD542. With some ( a lot ) of help from my eldest, its now working using the trial version of mach 3 and I've ordered the full version last night.
« Reply #577 on: June 22, 2009, 12:12:40 AM »
Hi
 My name is Jim, I am an electronics technician. My brother, a machinist, has asked me to help him convert a Dynamyte 3000 CNC lathe to run with Mach 3. So far he has a CNC4PC model 23 breakout board to interface with a PC. Any info would be appreciated.
« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Hi Chad I 'm retired and I build and fly RC airplanes, a friend of mine built a cnc mill, when I got a good look at it I was hooked. I have mine about 80% built and will no doubt be looking for information in the forums. I live in the Niagara region in Canada.
Thanks for the effort you put into the site
Burt :)
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »
Hi.. My name is Bill Lewis. I have a background in 3d virtual reality and well.. to make a long story short.. I'm very impressed and excited about Mach3. Separately, I need some help with a driver and stepper motor that has an IN with the markings +5, A, B, C, D, GND. Still, Im not exactly sure how to hook these up to my parallel port. I watched the introductory Mach3 videos and from this I understand that pin2 = step / pin6 = direction / pin 10 = X++  / pin 11 = X-- and is shared with Xhome. Still, how do I hook up these connections?. Also, which pins on LPT1 can give me the +5v and GND that this connection requires?

The diagram for this driver is as follows:
CW       D C B A    CCW
dwn      1 1 0 0      UP
            0 1 1 0
            0 0 1 1
            1 0 0 1

Please help.. thanks.