Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:35:20 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511315 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2220 on: December 11, 2015, 07:21:30 AM »
Hi Guys, welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2221 on: December 15, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
Hi Guys, Im Scott
Absolutely new, with a big 3 mtr x 2mtr cnc router..
I thought I was good with stuff until now.. Thanks for your warm invite, you will be hearing from soon.. Hope I can give back at some point.
 ;)
« Reply #2222 on: December 15, 2015, 08:32:56 AM »
Hello all,

my name is Chris, I am quite new to Mach3 and CNC and almost finished my first CNC router from Xzero.
I still have a lot of questions and hope to get some answers but also may be able in future to answer some questions.

Thanks
Chris
« Reply #2223 on: December 25, 2015, 04:03:09 AM »
Hello friends,
I am new here..
Interested in online community and forum and want to discuss different topics .
Hope i am in good place..
« Reply #2224 on: December 25, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »
Hi everyone, I am Jimmy and I am new but not new.  I got on this forum site a long time ago but lost my computer and system for quite a while.  For those who remember me, I am a machinist of 30 years, retired from the Army and have worked as a machinist in several steel mills (until they shut down).  Im back in the game now with a new computer along with cadcam from Bobcad and still run with my Mach3 program.  I am teaching myself all this stuff as I get time after work and on the weekends. I have made some progress and have even made a few parts on my machine that turned out ok.  My problem is not fully understanding the Mach3 and the many features and operating functions of the software. I am computer literate but at a very low level.  Much of what I have accomplished was thru trial and error and by viewing youtube vids on different tasks and subjects.  The cad cam portion is slow but im getting there.  Bobcad helps me when I need it to learn but some times I have little time to play and learn on my system due to work and family obligations.  My current problem is getting my tool offsets correct and understanding just how mach3 uses input values to work with the values that are generated by the cadcam software when I design a part.  Maybe im setting the tools incorrectly thru mach3, im not sure.  My machine always seems to want to plunge right down thru the part in many cases.  A few times it has worked correctly but very few.  I am getting ready to purchase a new Mach3 software package that I can license to myself and hope it works.  I am currently and have been running on the Mach3 disc that came with the machine that is licensed to a Taiwanese man.  This disc came with the machine but I think it better to have  a fresh version of the software and license it to myself so I know it is legit.  As stated before I am not as computer literate as I would like to be and the settings of pins and ports and motor tuning etc. get me very confused and throw me off. My machine runs but I am not sure because I just don't know if its running at the potential that it should be. After reading some of the posts and replies here on the site, it is clear that this is a site full of great and skilled craftsman and technicians, much smarter people than me, I humbly ask that you share your kindness and knowledge in helping me advance from where I am now. Im not 100% sure I even know how to use this forum site because its the first time I ever joined one.  Again my name is Jimmy my email is ellinas47@hotmail.com and I welcome any advise that any one can help me with. I will gladly share my machinist experiences with any one who would ask.  Thank you all and may you all have a great holiday season and a healthy and prosperous new year ahead.

thank you all, and merry Christmas
Jimmy

« Reply #2225 on: December 29, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
Hello all
 I am new here and just wanted to say hi. I am also looking for some help with a problem I am having. will try to post it in the right area.

Thanks all
« Reply #2226 on: January 01, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »
Hi all. Been a machinist for 44 years. Been involved with CNC machining for 43+ years. New to Mach3 and CNC Routing. Just purchased a small Chinese CNC router. Want to get used to that before building a large machine. Looking forward to immersing myself in this forum to learn all I can. Thanks.

Offline DaveS

•  13 13
  • On our way
    • View Profile
    • The Smithdale Pages
« Reply #2227 on: January 08, 2016, 11:25:01 PM »
Hi I am located in Western Australia and have the well known book Build Your Own CNC machine (Hood/Kelly) and so far have collected a "kit of parts" ready to commence making the machine with my son.  

He is restoring an old Arcade Sega gaming console and wants to make dedicated control panels from aluminium and Stainless steel.  Me I am into scale model shipbuilding and want to use the device to cut out the hull formers, which in the past have been labouriously cut with a fret saw. Most of my ships are up to 2 metres long fully radio controlled.

My son is a computer whizz and should be able to handle the software. Me I am a retired electronics engineer and can handle the mechanics and electronics.  I have previous experience writing airports for the earlier flight sims using FSASM and BGL I also hold a full Ham Radio licence.  as for CNC I have heard of G-Code and that is the limit of my knowledge ATM :)

Hopefully we will shortly commence construction.  Using 3/4" MDF (with precautions!) I also plan to treat each component of the MDF with a Polyurathane varnish as humidity levels here can play havoc with MDF. But to prove a point on a scale 1 metre class yacht I have used MDF as the keel blade and after 10 years it has been perfectly water impervious, after being treated with Poly varnish and finished with a light oil based paint.

Hopefully we can share our project and gain a few tips along the way.

Cheers Dave and Mark

PS addit.  Has anyone run Mach3 in Windows 10 we have a Dell 780 we intend to use I did a search for this but no posts as yet :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:29:25 PM by DaveS »
The odds it will fail are 100% against you!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 09, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
Hi Dave & Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

Mach3 runs just fine under Windows 10.
You will need to use an external motion controller (ESS, etc.) as the LPT parallel port cannot be used from Win8 and onwards or with 64bit OS's.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:08:02 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline DaveS

•  13 13
  • On our way
    • View Profile
    • The Smithdale Pages
« Reply #2229 on: January 09, 2016, 07:25:20 PM »
Hmm That's interesting. In view of this I think it might be better to put the Dell  small format 780 we recently bought back to Windows 7 as The hardware we have is all controlled via the parallel port.  This came with a Registered 'Lite" version of Mach3.  Otherwise the main driver and stepper we have will be redundant.  Maybe this topic should be moved to an more appropriate section.  

Unfortunately W10  has become very user unfriendly for older applications and games to such an extent, installing older games can completely trash W10 if you try to install them making it totally irrecoverable!  
(Been there done that!)
Dave N Mark

Welcome to the forum.
Mach3 runs just fine under Windows 10.
You will need to use an external motion controller (ESS, etc.) as the LPT parallel port cannot be used from Win8 and onwards or with 64bit OS's.

Tweakie.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:28:05 PM by DaveS »
The odds it will fail are 100% against you!