Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:56:45 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511587 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1520 on: August 05, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
Hi My name is Steve.  I live in Portland, OR.  My hobbies are fine woodworking, finish carpentry, residential remodeling, and lately, troubleshooting seems to be a hobby of mine.  I've been woodworking for about 7years now.  If you want to see some small things i've made i'm on Lumberjocks.com.  Profile sgriffin44.  I'm trying to add CNC to my hobby but i'm having troubles getting my CNC working again.  My friend and I built our CNC.  I can't wait to share it with the community, but I want to get it working again before I do that. 

We had it working a one point during the final stages of construction.   However, we paused for several months.  We finally jumped back on it and finished the CNC.  I hooked it back up and now can not get it working again.  I think I've narrowed it down to driver issues.  If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. 
« Reply #1521 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »
Greetings: 
Just registered, downloaded/printed manual and the software.  Have a Clausing knee mill with PC based servo CNC by Micro Motion Inc. (In Control) 3 axis.  The interface box will handle 6 axis.  I did a site search for "Micro Motion" & "In Control" and found nothing.  Is anyone familiar with this system?  I hope to get a PC connected to my interface box and run Mach3.  The old program is Windows 3.1 very cumbersome and now the hard drive will not boot.     
On a personal note, I am:
  • a Bible believing Christian,
    planning to retire in about 4 years
    been playing with machine tools for almost 50 years
    have too many interests, cars, home repair, back packing, hiking, rock climbing etc
    working in Mfg Eng playing with toys… they let me buy robots, bits of metal, wire, motors, controllers and make things
« Reply #1522 on: August 06, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
Just joined and looking forward to get my new machine up and running.  I just purchased this Saeilo SNV-3 which is set up using Mach3 software.  Been a few years since I have done any operating and programming.  Really could use some info on this machine as not much is available on the web.

Thanks,
« Reply #1523 on: August 08, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
I'm newbie in the San Francisco Bay Area.  My hobby is building hot rods and I have built a three axis table for cutting wood, aluminum (slowly) using a router and cutting metal with a plasma cutter. 

I am having trouble figuring how to post on this site so I'll post my question here:

My problem is with the plasma---It seems the  PLASMA CONFUSES MACH 3???????.

The router (Mill) function works well.  X,Y and Z axis work perfectly.

We are having real problems getting the PLASMA function working.

It seems to work fine in the demo mode with the parallel driver unloaded.  When we hook up the driver, the X axis is fine but the Y axis drives the Z motor and the Z control does not work.

We are using a WIN 2000 computer.

My associate has a full function, licensed copy of Mach 3 and when he tries to run his machine in the Plasma mode, he has the same issue.

IS IT DRIVER RELATED?  IS THERE A FIX?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I want to buy the full program and I have some urgent needs for it to work----but it has to work.
« Reply #1524 on: August 12, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
Hi I'm jonathan from Boston.  After much screwing around I got a 3020t from some Chinese  manufacturer.
So, I'm a complete noob to te whole cnc thing. Although ima former software engineer so I know my way around pins and ports.    I cobbled together an old pentium with 1 gig memory and a 40 gig drive.
Installed the software, sets the ports according to the manufaturer, then tried some of the test tools to see if I cold do anything with it.  So far the lander is silent!  Anyway my introduction, no imposing to look in theforumto see if anyone has any good ideas.
Thanks
J
« Reply #1525 on: August 12, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to Mach3 and I'll be using it with a CRP-4848, NEMA 34 electronics/steppers, 3HP water cooled spindle, Hitatchi X200 VFD, ethernet Smootherstepper, PMDX-126, PMDX-134, PMDX-107, and Gecko-201X stepper drivers. 

I'm a complete newbie to CNC and machining, and I've been lucky enough to get this far without making too many mistakes I couldn't recover from.  I'm about 85% complete and I'm starting on integrating the ethernet Smoothstepper and start testing movement.

-Freeman (Analias)
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.

Offline Hobie

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 17, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »
Hello, my name is Ken from the SF bay area.

I'm new to CNC and MACH3.  Bought a Sherline CNC ready lathe and mill package.  I'm still in the process of getting things working.

My day job is embedded firmware design.  For those that don't know what that means; it's the software inside all those smart things controlled by a microprocessor.

I've been a wood worker on/off for many years, turned many of designs on a wood lathe but wanted to add some metal pieces to my designs (brass, alum)
« Reply #1527 on: August 22, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »
Hi my name is Jerry, and I am trying to switch from my old controller to the licensed mach3 , using vectric cut 2d instead of bobcat for 2d sign work. I have used the cnc for 20 years with bobcat , and max motion, and just writing the g code myself.
The install went fine as far as operating with the manual keyboard,but not working with the g codes.
 My program will not stay in g91 in the general config .  It always resets to g90.
Also the letters in the code window are too large to be readable. I have tried changing them both in windows (set to normal) and in mach3.

I have spent many hours trying to make the g code work . My grief  probably is in trying to modify a driver to work with the cut 2d program. The gcodes it spits out are ignored by mach3 and even my rewritten code is not followed by mach3.
Anybody out there know how to modify a post processor to work with an old Digital Tool machine and cut 2d?  I have tried to modify many with little luck.
It is a good thing that trying to make this work is good for my brain- it certainly isn't for my attitude.
Jerry
« Reply #1528 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
Hi my mane is Gear head, I'm new at this . I don't know how to use this form so all the help will be appreciated.
« Reply #1529 on: August 25, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »
Hi All,
I've been looking at the possibility of using Mach 3 for some time now and due to the recent failure of my NEE AMC controller I am now desparate to get going. I built my CNC router about 10 years ago and it has given me sterling service until now. It's a simple 3 axis machine using Norwin DC drives (Analogue) and SEM motors. I have found a suitable interface board to convert the Mach 3 pulse and direction output to talk to the Norwin drives and am happy to go ahead with the mechanical and elecrical work needed. But I now need to get to grips with using the software. I use the CNC to produce panels of various shapes in 18mm thick board. I'm used to being able to draw the item with a cad program and then import a .dxf file into the machine which I would like to continue to do. I guess LazyCam and Mach 3 would do just that. What I really need is to get together with someone who uses Mach 3 to talk things over so anyone located in Southeast of the UK could help out? Many thanks.