Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:39:51 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511636 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »
Hi all, I m in canada , Quebec north cost.
I registred here cause i like this site and is full of good information and projects. I dont post much since i m in the reading of the learning curve.
We are in the buying process for x-y-z motion for school and i very interested to do machining at home.

I just got 3 small CNC EMCO from anothyer school and i ll mod one for milling. I m in the process of this mods.
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:51 AM »
New guy here.  I picked up a servo controlled CNC Taig setup and am using Mach3.  Using BobCad v21 and v22 for my CAD and posting.
My main purpose for the machine is engraving and small parts manufacture for my gun business.   I am brand new to machining and also have purchased a lathe and am working on threading right now.  Getting much better with practice and having a great time.

RCSGuns.com
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »
New to the mach forum.  I have a couple of machines for building custom pool cues.  My name is john and I have been working on designing controller set ups for equipment for building cues.  Mach is a great product and I am glad to see there are more and more people using this tool.

John
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »
this is my first post but have been on here for a long time and it is a great way to get info, i have mach 2/3 on my taig mill
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2008, 08:59:21 AM »
Greetings
[Deleted]
Of course I hope to be able to do hands-on in the future and am interested in the Mach2/3/4 product line; it is one of the best I have read about for this CNC niche.  And then I will probably post.
[Deleted]
I have just been personally informed that there are almost 7000 non-posting members out of about 9000.  This post is a small price to pay for validation.  Spam hurts us all and is an unfair load on the admin.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:10:16 AM by mallow »
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »
Greetings y'all. I'm Jim Hurst, I work for Anheuser-Busch at the Houston brewery as a maintenance machinist.
I bought a Romaxx WD-1 router a while back but I haven't had much of a chance to use it. We were hit pretty
hard by IKE. The weekend of the storm I had a four day weekend planned to finish my wood shop, but IKE delayed that.
I removed an old hottub and I am the process of converting the room into a dedicated home for my router and some of
my other wood working gear. But unfortunately I have had to devote most of my free time to getting my house back in order.
I have been reading this post for a while and have found it to be of great help. A wealth of info and knowledge.
Keep up the good work. Also, great software.
God Bless.
Jim
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
Greetings,

Reporting as threatened  ;D   

I would like to report that I have nothing to report.  I'm using Mach3 on a Fireball V90, and so far, so good. 

Rusty
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »
WELCOME Jim, :)
Perhaps you could provide the REFRESHMENTS at the next MACH convention .
RC ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »
Just to let all the people who are posting and seem to be confused as to why a first post is needed or an account will be deleted here is an explanation whiich will hopefully let you see the mod and admins reasons.
 There has always been spam on the forum and it usually comes and goes in bursts for a few days then nothing for a few weeks or even months. The admin and mods are usually on top of this and most spam messages are deleted within an hour and in fact usually within minutes.
 Things have changed recently however and the bombardment of spam in the last week has been much more than usual and also it seems to be going on for longer. One of the things the Admin is thinking of is making new members post an introduction, this will allow the weeding out of the spammers and keep this forum hopefully spam free (in reality probably just much reduced)
 I personally think a few line post from  new members introducing themselves is a small price to pay for for a largely spam free forum and I applaud this move by the admin.

Now I suppose I better introduce myself as I have never done so as I was a member here right at the beginning of the forum so there was no introdution post  :)
 I am Robin and live in Carnoustie, Scotland. I am 42 and most of my life has been spent as a fisherman in the North Sea. I always had an interest in mechanical things and often ended up doing repairs on the boats I worked on. I taught myself to weld when I was about 17 as I needed to make a frame up for a fairing for a Honda VF500 that I had bought as an accident damage. I started off my machining by getting a tiny myford and the things I did with that wee lathe makes me shake my head now :) I then got my own small fishing boat and had that for a few years but my heart wasnt in it and I much preferred fixing than fishing. I started off my business by selling my Honda CBR600 (great bike and still miss it) so that I could buy a Colchester Student lathe. I then got a clapped out manual Bridgeport  and a few other bits an pieces.
 What started me on the CNC road was I looked on the net for info about making power feeds and saw some info about a guy that had turned a mill into a CNC Mill. I ended up doing that and thats when I discovered Mach for the controller.
 I have now done a Series 1 CNC Bridgeport, a Churchill Computurn lathe. a coil winder and am presently retrofitting a Beaver NC5 milling machine.
 I get called Hood by everyone and have done so for a lot of years :)

Hood
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 09:26:27 AM by Hood »
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »
Hi people,I have been a member for about 6 months but not spending much time on the site due to other things going on.Hope to get more involved in the near .