Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:47:55 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511470 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1920 on: May 30, 2014, 11:53:22 PM »
Hello to all.  Jason from MS, been using Mach 3 for about 5 months on a plasma table I bought.  Having issues so here doing some searching for answers.
Soy nuevo
« Reply #1921 on: June 03, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
Hola Acabo de inscribirme en este foro para ver si me pueden ayudar con mi cnc.
Instale Mach en mi pc y en apariencia bien. los problemitas que tengo son los siguientes..
La máquina funciona con el cursor del teclado muy bien pero cuando cargo un Código G
no funciona, los motores es como que reciben la señal y no mueven.
Otro tema es que a pesar de poner el sistema en Milímetros cuando le digo por ej:  X1 Y1 me mueve una pulgada en cada eje en vez de mover un milímetro.
Mis tornillos de bolas recirculantes son de paso 5mm y puse en el control de los motores 2000... 80... 10 y no puedo encontrar la forma de que X1 sea un milímetro.
Desde ya muchas gracias al que me pueda ayudar, asi lo haré cuando pueda contribuir con mi futura experiencia.
Saludos
Ricky
« Reply #1922 on: June 10, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Welcome all!

I am new here. Been using mach 3 for a few months now on my carvingcnc X6-1500GT CNC router. (basically a USB 6040)

Am am just learning CNC and needed some help setting some things up so I figured I would stop by and hang out!

Offline Fleck

•  31 31
    • View Profile
    • fleckguitar.com
« Reply #1923 on: June 20, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Hi my name is Mike I am from Alaska
   I have been lurking on and off since 2010. This site has been a boon. I am working with a Sherline lathe, K2 gantry router with a 4th axis I just made, I am trying to figure it out and a OmniTurn GT75. I make guitar parts and guitars.
this is my router, there are many like it but this one is mine
« Reply #1924 on: June 21, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »
Hi, my name is Bob from NE Ohio.

Just purchased a Shapeoko Mechanical Kit along with a TB6560 4-axis controller, an EC100 and running Win8.1 with registered Mach3.  Totally new to CNC and have lots to learn about my new hobby.
Will start with some 2D and hope to get to 3D as a goal.(wood and soft metals)
« Reply #1925 on: June 28, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
Good Evening All.

i am very new to the cnc world, This time2 weeks ago i new NOTHING about a cnc, not one bit , i run a small family business and decided to buy a cnc machine to see what all the fuss was about, i brought the open build OX machine and to be honest its wrecked my head ever since, even tho i haven't used it yet ( still working on putting it together) i love learning new things. but i am getting great satisfaction in putting the machine together step by step, basically its like building your own machine you have to do everything all your self,

this is the bit where i am stuck, i have the machine all connected and the control box is a LED TB6600 on the control box i have all the navigation keys Y- Y+ Z- Z+ X- X+ when i press the button they all work as they should and after tweaking the wires had them all going the right way,
Now heres my problem i brought the mach 3 license downlaod and installed ect ect set my port and pins enable my motors sorted the emergency switch out so it doesn't blink press the tab key to try and move my motors and NOTHING... the numbers on the TB660 and on the PC move like its moving but the motors ant moving, they only move if i manually do it on the control box can some one please advise a newbie.

thanks in advance Gary 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 28, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
Hi Gary,

Good choice the OpenBuilds OX  ;)

The chances are that you do not have your axis enable pins set correctly in Mach3 but if you post your question as a new topic in the general section it will get more coverage from the hive mind and should lead to a speedy solution.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1927 on: June 28, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
thanks tweakie

GOOD choice,,,  why its a great kit i have pulled every hair out in my head putting it together

« Reply #1928 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Hi everyone I am Bongo123 (Jimmy). I just bought a PM 45 CNC MILL. Got it all put together but have a bunch of questions cause I do not want to screw up my investment. I am from a small town in Ohio next to west by god virginia. I am retired army military and have worked in steel mills as a maint machinist for the past 14 years. This is all new to me and I would appreciate any and all the help I can get. I have a laptop available to use with my new mill but a you tube video I saw frowned upon laptops for CNC use. Is this a real problem?  Also I would like to use my mill manually at times....is there any way to turn on the spindle without a computer hooked up to the mill?  I have not yet purchased my Mach license yet because I don't know if I use it for the laptop and later get a dedicated PC for my machine....will I have to buy another license?  If I can get these questions answered first then I may be able to get started. Any one with these answers ? Again I am totally new at this and need some help just to take the first step. Thank you all and I hope to hear from some one soon.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 30, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the Artsoft forum.

Laptops are not recommended for use with Mach3 unless you plan on using an external motion controller (such as the Smooth Stepper etc. http://warp9td.com/).

Yes, you will be able to turn on / off the mill spindle without using the software but the way in which it is done will depend on what you have (VFD etc.).

It would be best if you get everything up and working to your satisfaction, using the Demo Version (http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/) before you buy the Mach3 license.

The Mach3 licence is portable between PC's and laptops etc. so you only need to buy it once.

Please take the time to read the documentation http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/ and perhaps watch the video's - don't worry too much about the things you don't understand yet, it will come. (I have been using Mach2 / 3 for the last 10 years and I still don't know the half of it  ;D).

Tweakie.
PEACE