Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:16:27 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511561 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1220 on: July 18, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
I started building a hobby machine about three months ago after finding the Hobby CNC website.  Has been a great experience so far and I don't have a clue as to what I'm going to do with this machine once I get it completed.

I'm now semi - retired, still do some investing, and have been in engineering(mechanical, electrical and software) all my life so this was a natural for me.  I'm short, balding and ugly, but I have good attitude.(My wife said I could say that)  ;D My main passions are hunting and fishing, but I have a very nice shop that is heated and air conditioned with all the tools.  The shop keeps me off the streets and out of the bars when I'm not hunting or fishing.

My machine is mostly completed, needs some paint.  I have completed the setup procedures and I have one problem left to solve.  My machine will not reff all home.  My limit switches are working correctly and the "go to zero" functions fine.  When I hit the ref all button, either the machine does not move at all, or one of the axis will move about .0001 and stop.  I have gone to the diagnostics screen and attempted to home each axis individually and got the same response, the axis either does not move or subsequent pressing the home button, the axis moves a little tiny bit.  I have the XYZ home enabled as per instructions.  I have spent a couple of hours digging around and can't seem to get this fixed.  Hoping you can help.

Thanks,

Kevin Crosby

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
  • Made in Oregon since 2001
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #1221 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
Hi, I have been using Mach3 since 2006, but finally joined the forums because of a problem that persists- constant pauses during the middle of programs...  I plan on building a 5'x12' cnc in the near future, but need to do some serious studying so I am not encouraging trial and error for the entire build.  Figured I would start frequenting the machsupport forums and learn more about mach...  And who knows, maybe get the bugs fixed on our current cnc too!  Thanks,  -Levi

Offline mikee

•  100 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 19, 2011, 12:34:06 AM »
hey kevin im new to so i may not be any help (at all)
program run mach3 main screen botton left you should be getting error's r click history see what it says please
 are u getting a soft limit . error
 hope fully one of the pro will step in so i dot screw you up. 
mikee

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #1223 on: July 20, 2011, 03:50:05 AM »
Thanks for the help, I don't see any area for errors, perhaps my resolution is maxed and it looks like my mach3 screen could be a little cutoff, I am not sure if I am getting a softlimit error, not sure exactly how to tell....  I don't see an area to click on history - I looked at the toolpath screen and there is an error section there, but when the machine pauses it does not show any error...  I attached a photo of the screen when it pauses...  Thanks for the help, let me know how to check on error history, etc.  I added the gcode to my website as well as photos of the errors...  http://www.levimanselle.com/page5.php I appreciate the help, hopefully I can get this sometimes havoc causing reset and ultra-annoying pausing issue fixed!!! Thanks!  -Levi

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #1224 on: July 20, 2011, 03:51:48 AM »
Wow, I just realized your message was for Kevin and not me...  Levi Levin Kevin..  ya, nope...  For anyone reading, I posted my issue under the mach3 hanging up post.  Thanks!
« Reply #1225 on: July 24, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »
Hello

My name is Isaac Neuman, I live in New Zealand and my main hobby is building flight simulators. After paying heaps of money to some guys with CNC machines, I thought it's time to get myself into this area learn and do things myself.

I am curently building a small cnc router with HobbyCNC board and Mach3.

As a noob I would probaby need lots of help and I know some guys here will be a great help.

Looking forward to learn experience and aquire some new skills

Cheers

Isaac
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:42:28 PM by neuman5022 »
« Reply #1226 on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
Hi:

I'm a retired aerospace engineer/geezer living in Holly Springs NC and was exposed to CNC routers at the local TechShop http://www.techshoprdu.com/where they have a big ShopBot.  I liked it so much that I just had to have something like it for my very own -- so I bought a 2x4 BlackToe kit and so far am quite impressed with it.  I'm just getting it built and am currently well into the electronics wiring and software setup stage. 

At age 69 this sort of thing is both an interesting challenge and occasionally very tiring and frustrating -- but very worth the effort.

I'm not sure what I need this for, but it's interesting.  I built a boat a while back and had a blast building it and would do it all again -- but when I got it into the water it really wasnt much fun.  So maybe this is like that too.

You haven't heard the last of me....... ;D
« Reply #1227 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
hi my name is darren im a welder in melbourne australia  just got into cnc machine parts for my business im not going so well with it but im a persistant bugger so ill get there relax time is building guitars but i dont get to much relaxation time with my business
« Reply #1228 on: July 30, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
not until I can download mach3...if I cant download there is no sense  >:D
« Reply #1229 on: August 02, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
Hi
This seems silly, but I started with my new machine several months ago and got it running.
Now Ive changed computers, and Mach 3 seems to be stuck. I cannot get it to accept any entries, or operate the jog, with or without the cnc connected.
I know its something silly but im getting desperate to move on.
Have I forgotten some basic switch or setting ?
Help please