Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:56:44 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511586 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2810 on: January 03, 2022, 07:04:59 AM »
Hi all!
My name is Chris, I live in Northern Utah, USA.
I had been a carpenter doing cabinetry and trade show exhibits for around 16 years when I put myself through an associates program for design.
Mostly CAD stuff. I then was shown the path to mechanical design and began a new career path. I am currently a Mechanical Engineering Technician. I design, machine and manufacture equipment, fixtures and process. I began learning more CNC operation and programming at my current job along with PLC and robotics programming. I decided to buy a cheep Chinese 3018 laser machine and started my new hobby. I really hated using GRBL, and decided to build my own controller and chose MAach as the running platform.
I am currently working on building up a 6040 router I purchased for tinkering mostly. I have learned alot from the forums, and the vast world of CNC hobbiests.
From building my own controller, to LUA, and all the other extras included when personalizing a machine.
You'll hear from me time to time, as I am not seasoned and am just beginning to get into this.
I really appreciate all of the fine people on this and other forums that speak up and help the beginners like myself.
Thank you all.
« Reply #2811 on: January 30, 2022, 08:27:18 AM »
Hello!
I have just registered as I am on my first ever cnc adventure. I am having one or two problems with the set up process. Expect plenty of questions and thanks in advance for any help I receive!
« Reply #2812 on: February 06, 2022, 11:14:49 AM »
Hello All
I am new to the world of CNC and excited to be learning all the new skills. I have been a woodworker and hobbyist for many many years and bought this industrial hobby size CNC last August. So far, my progress is fairly slow but I am having both success and failures. I broke another bit yesterday and am trying to review what went wrong. The other two times I crashed the bit, it was a valuable learning experience and fortunately didn't cause any real damage.
So this time, I am trying to zero the x axis with the bit at the edge of the workpiece near the zero datum point.  I am running Mach3 it is set to G21 (metric) and used the MDI interface to just barely jog the axis. I entered "X.1" (no quotation marks) intending to make it move by a tenth of a millimeter, but it jogged over about 50 mm and broke the bit. Bummer! So then I entered "X-.1" to see if it would reverse by the same amount and I heard a movement but it was too small to see, so I assumed it was a tenth of a mm.  I entered "X.1" again and it incremented properly by a tenth of a mm. So now my question is why did the axis jump so much on the first jog, when subsequent increments all functioned properly? The value I entered was either .1 or -.1 on all. I'm not sure what else to look for to find a root cause.
Cheers, and thanks for any advice.
« Reply #2813 on: February 11, 2022, 07:17:05 AM »
Hi.I am Teo and i build a DIY cnc router.
I have some problems to engrave 3D.
Can you help me?Sorry for the bad english.
« Reply #2814 on: April 05, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »
good morning, semi retired 40 yr civil engineering trying something new.  nvsteel.com

i purchased a pro4896 plasma machine 2yrs ago.  so far so good. 
« Reply #2815 on: April 26, 2022, 03:18:37 AM »
Hello guys new from this group and new from CNC ... Just asking anyone can help... We have Mach3 from bitsensor . Our purpose to connect spindle motor with relay switch In output 1-4 but no voltage output or signal. We try to measure the voltage across the IC connect to  one (it seen like a diode) we measure 7v.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 03:20:36 AM by ethiorob »
no "Edit Button Script" in Operator?
« Reply #2816 on: June 09, 2022, 03:52:39 AM »
Hi, my name is Phillip from Germany, making special effects for a movie in Rome. I want to learn to handle CNC machines and have a milling machine controlled with mach3 with me.
Now I want to edit the Probe Button, but there is no "Edit Button Script" in Operator.
Does someone knows what to do?

Thanks Phillip
« Reply #2817 on: June 13, 2022, 09:49:50 PM »
Hello everyone, I am Alvaro from Colombia and I began the journey of CNC milling about three years ago, and everytime I start to do any job I end up learning something new about CNC and MACH3, not enough for me yet, but I guess that's what's all about.
« Reply #2818 on: June 20, 2022, 02:46:58 AM »
Hello
Have an ARF CNC 6040Z Mach3 that was my dad who suddenly passed away.
He had a hard time getting it to work so I wonder if anyone has the RIGHT settings to send to me so I can start over. He had installed Mach3 on a laptop and I have read that PC is to recommend?

Is there anything else I should think about?

Fredrik
« Reply #2819 on: July 11, 2022, 09:02:53 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm just finishing up a build of 2'x3' CNC router, capable of machining wood up through medium metals. It is running quite well on MAch3, so much so I'd like to make a few additions/improvements. It's nice that there is a forum of like-minds to help do just that.