Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:51:13 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511402 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
Hi all,

I am Roger, and have been building a CNC chainsaw for the last couple of years.  I have been in and out of it, and now I am on it full time.  This chainsaw is going to be used in the house building industry.  I live in southern Oregon and have been an automation engineer for about 11 years.  I have lots of questions, and am going to see if I can't stretch the boundaries.

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »
Hello All,
  My Name is Gary as in my screen name, been around a few years and have had MACH for probably 5 years now.
   I have a shoptask bridgemill fit with servos , been in and out for the last few years mostly do hobby stuff with my mill -lath combo
I use Bobcad V21 for CAD , but have never really sat down and studied it but now semi re-tired and back into the fun of cutting metal and I have to say everyone here has been a lot of help
getting My CNC running and answering questions..
Glad to be here ..
Gary
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
ok here I am. I just started school at the age of 49 (cnc,cad,cam) for some reson i cant get mach3mill to work HM
Die Today, Live Tomorrow
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »
OK I can play...

My name is Stuart (screen name ldemrys) and by profession I am an auto mechanic. Just recently I was fired from my last job and decided to go back to school. The college I selected offered courses in manufacturing technology and I've wanted to be a machinist since I was a kid. Due to circumstance (and "life") I was unable to pursue that dream. Now, 30 some odd years later, I have my chance. As well as taking the basic machine shop courses, I am taking the introduction to CNC milling. While looking for software to help me understand G-code (among other things) I found this site. I'm hoping that I can find answers to questions that I have or may have.
Not being able to afford Mach 3 right now, I have downloaded Mach 2 and have managed to figure some of it out on my own. Unfortunately, there seems to be a great deal that, as yet, I do not understand. So far though Mach2 seems to be what I need...
We have 2 HAAS mills and the class instruction is geared to that. I'm still learning basic G-code and I want to use Mach 2 for running simulations of my homework.
In the absence of any specific questions I have at the moment, I welcome any comments and/or advise that anybody here may have to offer...
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature and humidity, the organism will do as it damn well pleases.
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Hi my friendly Forum folks. I am a CNC OPerator for my job ! Am constantly trying to learn more about the Mach3 Mill & its ad ons. Just recently got back to CNC Operation after a year or more. Prior to now, was using G-Mover. So, I am looking forward to learning from those of you who are more experienced. If there is some helpful info I can offer along the way, I will be glad to do so.

Thanx for the warm welcome!!!!!!
"SmoothOperator"
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2008, 08:33:03 AM »
Hello my name is Gerard van Rooijen i am retired and move from holland to turkey and run a hotel in the summer and in the winter there is plenty of time to work on my hobby
metalworking with a lathe and a mill i buy a mill and a lathe from a local turkish machine manufacturer and together we  rebuild the machines to cnc
now i work with hardware and software from pcdreh from germany
i want to change everything to mach3 now the hardware works with all the directions over one pin number pin number 1
so the x,y and z axes all use the same pinnumber for direction and different numbers for tact is this a problem in mach3
i started and strange things are happening sometimes the motor works and sometimes not, could the common pinnumbers the problem
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »
I used to log in as N4NV, but finally got around to fixing that so I can log in with my name.  I have converted 5 machines to CNC with Mach 3. 

Is there any chance of getting a convention here on the west coast?  I realize there are only about 2 of us Mach users west of the rockies, but you east coasters could come out here to get some sunshine.

Vince

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2008, 08:37:12 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, completed 'Tweakie' my CNC machine just before Christmas 07 and now I am looking to find new things to make with it.

I have also just completed my web site with many pictures of Tweakie during construction. If you are interested take a  look at  http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net  .

Look forward to chatting to you all in the future.

Regards, Cooperman.
PEACE
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2008, 04:56:26 AM »
Hi,

My name's Jon, I'm in New Zealand. Downloaded and registered Mach3 a couple of days ago so I can replace the built-in RS232 controller in a chinese router I picked up second hand. It's about 4 or 5 years old, 500x300 working area, 24000rpm water cooled spindle and has a cast iron frame (weighs 230kg so mechanically it's rock solid). Controller board is pretty primitive though and at 20mm/sec feedrate on renshape you can clearly see where the tool pauses between each goto while the controller figures out the next move (and it's insanely unsmooth at 50mm/sec). I figure I can hook a breakout board straight into the existing XY drivers but I 'm replacing the Z axis stepper and adding a driver since Z seems to be driven directly from the controller board. I'm hoping this will increase my Z axis speed since I have to slow it right down to stop it skipping at the moment.

I have a breakout board, driver and stepper on the way from Australia. I'm also looking forward to smoothstepper so I can use a laptop (I have a PCMCIA parallel port card but I don't think it's going to work)

I've also been running a Roland MDX-20 for a couple of years (to make scale model parts) but it was starting to get a bit small :)

I also have a lathe which I'd like to retrofit and I can also run that from Mach.
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
My name is Robert Gaither.  I have a little different reason for being here.  I bought a airplane company 4 years ago and we have cnc router built in 1993 by the engineer I bought the company from.  The machine runs on a Toshiba 486 laptop.  We are now trying to update the machine and run standard controls. I am totally excited about learning motion control and how it works.