Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:55:21 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511328 times)

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »
My name is John and I'm an alcoho.... wait, no... wrong group.
Much like ynneb, zixem is actually john spelled backwards. Ok, so it's not.  nhoj just sounds... wrong. It's just a name I use on many of my video games and other forums.
I'm a printer that converted to a sign maker a few years back. I used to own a small sign shop in Whitewater, WI but for various reasons had to close my doors, swallow my pride and re-enter the work force again.
In that previous life I had a 50w laser and fell in love with dimensional signs/art. I've also discovered that making your own stuff can be really cool. I actually have things in my home now that don't have a little "Made In China" sticker on them.
I'm building a DIY machine from the Joe2006 design found on the cnczone. Joe is using Mach3 to drive his machine and, being a newbie, I figured I'd stick with what they know works. So far everything looks awesome, even though alot is over my head.
I'm really looking forward to learning more and giving Mach3 a shot when I get her done!
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »
Hi, my name is Mike. I am located in the San Diego area and have a CNC Router S400 that I am trying to use Mach3 to run. I am currently in the US Navy but due to 14 hard years and some injuries I am transitioning to the civilian sector. I am looking to get ANY help or training that I can, even if that means giving up free labor ;). If your in the Southern California area and are willing to give me a little training please email me at kudastang@yahoo.com or call me at 858-228-0947.
Thanks,
Mike
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
To bad you were not in Maine! we could both look at something and say... man that looks heavy! I think we need the tractor :) 

Sorry to hear about the back and please have fun with the software!

Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
   George from central New York here, finished apprenticeship '73 & moved on after that, now I have a shop & we make custom automation machines & stuff, truth is we do one's & two's &  for that reason, I've never looked hard @ CNC stuff (other than MasterCam school), just cause I didn't need it....but that little bug in my ear has always teased "come, little boy and play with me!".....so now I am!...you have a wonderfully capable software & can be proud of it
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 11:16:08 AM »
Hi, 
Good forum here.
Just bought a Hobbymat MD65 and was thinking (obviously that's why i am here) of converting to cnc.
Anyone done it to this machine? Would love to hear from you.
Cheers from Doncaster, Yorkshire England. (Where men are men and sheep are worried!!!)
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »
Hi, my name is Robert.  I am a retired physics prof.  I fly free flight model planes in competion and make many of the parts for myself and others.  I have a machine shop in my garage (manual) and am partners with a friend in a Lagunamatic CNC mill.  I have just ordered a benchtop CNC lathe from Syil America which needs a computer to run it.  I have a Dell 8600, but of course it does not have a parallel port. There is a site that has a Quatech Parallel PCMCIA card that they claim will give a true parallel port.  Does anyone know if this card will work or not.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »
Hi there,

My name is Bob and I am retired due to a stroke which has stopped the right handed side working, no arm or leg but it is fine. I am building a CNC wood router table at present and this is the software that I will use to control it. Still a while to go, but I have just registered the program :)

Bob
Bob
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »
Guys,
WELCOME!!!!!

I will tell you that there are many GREAT people in the forum and they are a great help with all the questions that you have.

There is one more thing... Please have fun and enjoy your time working on your machines! When you are done is when the work starts ;)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 07:08:12 AM »
Hi my name is Lawrie and I am in Palmerston North, New Zealand.
I am pretty much a newbe at this cnc game and six months after deciding to build a cnc router I finally got to actually cut something yesterday. This may not be a great achievement to some but in my workshop it was a great leap forward after all this time.
My router table has a cutting area of 25" x 37" with a Z travel of 6". I am runningĀ  an Xylotex Package including 269 oz in stepper motors, drive board and power supply.
I still have a lot of work to complete befor my table is finished and running properly but thanks to Mach3, and the support and encouragement I have had (and will continue to need ) from the members of this forum, I am sure I will get there eventually.
My next step has to be installing limit and home switches befor I destroy all my hard work.

Offline JJ

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »
Hello!

I currently work for Qualcomm Inc. and we're using Mach 3 to drive a custom made CNC device we're using to stress test our phones.  In a nutshell, the device pushes buttons on the phone and it's touchscreen to automate various phone operations so we can stress the software and debug them.  The configurability of your software makes it a perfect solution for this project!  The screen editor has allowed us to emulate a touch screen changing as you press it while executing the proper G-Code.  No other solution we found could do this except for the Mach series.  I just want to say thank you to all who post on the forums... your questions and the subsequent support have bailed me out many many times!

I do have a question of my own, but it does not pertain to the Mach software in particular.  What I would like to know is what program was used to create all the training .swf files on the video tutorials page?  I'm looking to create something similar to train our engineers on the operation of our device.

Thanks in advance!

JJ